A Dream Come True

by: bgizzle
Favorite authors
Career goals

On November 4th, I, along with the rest of the nation, witnessed what might be one of the most historical events in American history. As President Elect Barack Obama walked out on stage to give his acceptance speech, hundreds of years of discrimination seemed to lift off the shoulders of all African Americans in the U.S. and Dr. King's dream began to manifest itself as reality. It was only 50 years ago that black children had to go to separate but "equal schools" and drink from separate water fountains. Now our country is united by the very truth our fore fathers instilled in our beloved consitution, that all men are created equal. However, on that night, Obama was placed an a level higher than most, whether he wished it or not. He was created equal, but his feats and what he represents for all black Americans that night was something that can only be eqivocated by the man that gave him the chance in the first place, Dr. King. As many watched Jesse Jackson weep after the election of our President Elect was elected, we all saw what that moment really meant: a dream come true.