Dreams

by: rodjen

I just read a Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreams

I agreed with this article because dreams sometimes occur because of thing we have in mind. Also, the things we do in the day can cause us dream about them. Dreaming is different for each religion, but it would be very interesting if your dream could tell you what will happen.

One sentence from this article that stands out for me is: "Dreams are successions of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep". I think this is true because our dream connects with something we think or have in mind. Also, we can have a dream because of what we see or hear. Dreams develop from things we have in our mind.

I'm pretty sure this is accurate. I came across this one article: http://www.dreammoods.com/. One sentence from this article that stands out for me is: “your own dreams can only be connected to your own "reality".” This is true because our dreams happen because of the way we think and everything we do. Dreams connect with the way we understand or see something.

Another sentence that I agree with was: "Dreams can have varying natures, such as frightening, exciting, magical, melancholic, adventurous, or sexual. " This stood out for me because dreams have different elements for each person. Some people see dreams as a message; it just depends how the person thinks. I think dreams have many different natures because sometimes they are weird or so real that you feel like you are really in that moment.

I double-checked this fact through http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dream because dreams were defined in many ways. This shows dreams have many different components/natures , which makes me feel pretty sure that it is true.

There's something in this article that I think might not be accurate. It says, "In ancient Egypt, people believed gods showed themselves in dreams. They believed that dreams were caused by real things that were beyond interpretation or control by the conscious mind." I think this statement is not accurate, because of what I found in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreams , which says:“Dreams have been seen as a connection to the unconscious.” I disagreed because dreams for me are not a message from god or anybody.

What I learned from this article is dreams always happens. Dreams have many different natures and understandings. Many people look at it as a religious message. The perspective of dreams depends of the person and the way they think.

http://margaretjarvinen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/cartoon-sleeping1...

Dreams have something to do with what you are thinking...

smcbride's picture
Submitted by smcbride on Tue, 2013-12-03 12:15.

Dear Jennifer:

I Am not really surprised by your post about dreams because i also already knew that dreams had something to do with what you are thinking or something you heard . Knew that you can fall a sleep listen to a song and the song will be in your dream because that is the last thing you heard while you were on ya way to sleep your d. I also knew that dreams has something to do
with your emotions something you're thinking about or something that happened to you n you can't get it off your mind .

One sentence that you wrote that stands out for me is when you wrote , Dreams can have varying natures such as frightening , exciting , magical , melancholic , adventurous ,or sexual . It Stood out to me because i know that if you are thinking of something that scares you thats most likely what you will dream of or you thinking of something that happend to you sexualy that is mostly what you will dream of . It also stood out to me because everybody doesn't have the same dream people have different dreams because people have different emotions and feelings ans different thoughts .

Another sentence that i read that stood out for me was dreams are successions of images , ideas , emotions , and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep . It stood out to me because it is true because our dreams connect with something we think or have in mind while your way to go to sleep .

Your post reminds me of something that happend to me one time while i was dreaming i fell asleep listening to ray j one wish and when i fell asleep i heard the song in my dream and i seen images of my boyfriend and i and i seen pictures of us that we had once took together. Another time was when i seen a scary movie when i was little and i had a dream about this scary movie i watched call the skeleton key i dreamed about the whole movie i watched it right before i went to sleep n was dreaming of it all night. I aLso was once watching an sad movie that made me cry called why did i get married 2 the movie was sad because one of the ladies husbands died because she played a joke on him and in my dream i dreamed i was that lady and my husband died and i was hysterical . One of my other dreams i had that relates to the essay dreams was when it mentioned you dream reflects on your emotions so when i was arguing with my father one day and then i took a nap and dreamed about what we were arguing about .

Thank you for writing this essay because it helped me see why i have the dreams i have . It helped me figure out why when i see something i dream about it because it is already in my mind . It helped me figure out why when i do something i dream about it weather i'm taking a nap or going to sleep for the night .

Dreams

ccrawford's picture
Submitted by ccrawford on Fri, 2013-12-06 13:39.

Dear Jennifer:

I am really surprised by your post about dreams because I also already knew that dreams had something to do with what you are thinking or something you heard . Knew that you can fall a sleep listen to a song and the song will be in your dream because that is the last thing you heard while you were on ya way to sleep your d. I also knew that dreams has something to do
with your emotions something you're thinking about or something that happened to you n you can't get it off your mind

Dreams are an interesting

16benaresb's picture
Submitted by 16benaresb on Fri, 2013-12-06 13:43.

Dreams are an interesting concept. It's weird how we remember some of them and easily forget the others. I heard this idea that if someone thinks of you frequently they will begin to show up in your dreams. I'm not sure if it's true or not but it sounds very interesting to think about. I always wondered why certain people appeared in your dreams and if their was any significance to it. I thought of this from the Ancient Egyptians believing that communication can occur through dreams. It's interesting because it's mental and conceptual and it's hard to prove it since a person can only experience it for themselves. The articles you read were very interesting! Good job!

I am excited about your post

mortiz's picture
Submitted by mortiz on Wed, 2014-07-02 11:23.

I am excited about your post because I thought dreams are just things people think about in their sleep and sometimes in the day its called “day dreaming.” I cant believe that dream has something to do with the gods in Ancient Egypt

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is There's something in this article that I think might not be accurate. It says, "In ancient Egypt, people believed gods showed themselves in dreams." I never knew that gods showed themselves in dreams

Another sentence that I liked was "Dreams can have varying natures, such as frightening, exciting, magical, melancholic, adventurous, or sexual.” I liked this sentence because I like magic and in the sentence it said “magical”.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me one time is that I was dreaming about me fighting in the UFC against rampage jackson and I was winning.

Thanks for you writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I liked this post more than any other post about dreams and Ancient Egypt.

Dear Julia I am triumphant

Submitted by hasdrede on Fri, 2014-04-25 10:01.

Dear Julia
I am triumphant by your post, "Dreams," because many people ask questions like what happens during sleeping hour in other words as we dream. And your post pretty much talks about dreams and I find your post very helpful with that question.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "Through my research I found if you are a lighter sleeper and have more waking periods in the night it allows your brain to recall what you have just dreamt. ” I think this is a genial statement because one it talks about dreams and it reveals what dreams are and why we have this dreams.

Another sentence that I digged was "It has also been found that if you are one who enjoys sleeping on your stomach this can lead to erotic dreams. They have dreams of being “tied up” or “locked up.” This stood out for me because I sometimes have bad dreams but I never knew why this nightmares occurred and wanted them to stop happening. Reading your article helps me understand it more and teaches me how to avoid the bad years.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I had a horrid dream that occurred continuously until it went away. I guess it was because I switched my sleeping position or I may have changed what I ate before going to sleep. If I would of read this article sooner, I would of slept good those time, but now I can avoid this bad dreams and sleep more comfortably.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I liked giving my thoughts on this post.