Dreams

by: vfarmer

Hello I’m a student A NEW Directions Secondary School in the bronx which is a middle school/high school.

My name Is Vontay Farmer and two of the things I love to do the most is to act and to explore life. Me acting is a part of dreaming of my goals, my future, etc but one thing I have to say about myself is that My Dreams Are Always Stories Untold. Meaning that I will never reveal my dreams to anyone beside my self , because my dreams tell a lot and no one can find the joys of my dreams and no one could come between my dreams.

I know a person might want to feel and explore life just like me but the key to doing that is having dreams and having goals no matter what.

A good actor never reveals their secret or their goals in life.Usually what happens is that we do our goals with no struggles to better ourselves in the future. My dreams should be kept to me and only me because I am the only one who can change my dreams into a reality for the person I really am and I know I can follow my dreams with out telling its story.

Therefore, My Dreams Are Always Stories Untold

Never reveal our dreams

lhiciano's picture
Submitted by lhiciano on Tue, 2014-11-18 00:41.

Dear Vontay:

I am glad you posted "Dreams" on Youth Voices because its inspiring,i was smiling as soon as i started reading because i know you expression and the way you would read these paragraphs.I liked your post very much.

One part of your post that stands out for me is where you wrote(Therefore my dreams are always stories untold. I think this is deep because its like you saying that you are going to be the only one telling your stories for the future.

Another part that I admired is where you wrote (A good actor never reveals their secret or their goals in life). This stood out for me because its true you can't never reveal your dreams to someone besides yourself.

Your post on youth voices reminds me of something that i heard once,a real magician never reveals his secret.

Amazed!

mvalerio's picture
Submitted by mvalerio on Tue, 2014-12-09 12:27.

Dear Vontay,

I am amazed with your story “Dreams” because the story is about your dreams that you don’t want nobody to know about your dreams.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “Me acting is a part of dreaming of my goals, my future, etc but one thing I have to say about myself is that My Dreams Are Always Stories Untold.” I think this is a good quote because in the future you want to be a man that could have a job and be able to achieve your goals

Another sentence that stand out for me is “My dreams should be kept to me and only me because I am the only one who can change my dreams into a reality for the person I really am and I know I can follow my dreams without telling its story.” This stood out for me because you are saying that you don’t feel confident to anyone to tell them about your dreams, and you like to keep your dreams.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like that why that you tell your story.

Dear Vontay,  Wow! What a

Submitted by Amanda Miller on Sun, 2015-01-25 12:25.

Dear Vontay, 

Wow! What a powerful message!  I love how you started with your bio and then finished with a recap in just the 6 words. The key to doing everything in life is to hold onto your dreams and set goals no matter what. I hope that one day you can share your dreams with the world through your stories. Keep up the hard work and never lose your dreams. Always set goals and. Find ways to make them happen! 

Thank you for sharing.

Six word memoir

LizCousins's picture
Submitted by LizCousins on Fri, 2015-02-13 11:15.

Dear Vontay :

I am stunned by your post, "Dreams," because it is so powerful.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I know I can follow my dreams with out telling its story." I think this is because it shows how deeply you've considered this.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I think you have lots of exploring and dreams to fulfill.

Ms. Cousins

Dear Vontay, I am inspired by

20batrar's picture
Submitted by 20batrar on Wed, 2015-04-29 21:09.

Dear Vontay,

I am inspired by your post, "Dreams" because I myself don't really have my future planned out, or know what I want to be when I grow up, but reading your post, I can tell you have already planned goals for the future!

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "My dreams are always stories untold" This stood out for me because it shows how much you really care about your dreams. You don't want anyone to get in the way of them and how much you enjoy your dreams and value them since you also say that your dreams are your own joys.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your writing is inspirational! I might start to think about my future more now! Great work!