Egyptian Protests

Recently in English we've been studying about the Egyptian protest. At first, I thought we going to play some children card games using your ka and your ba. Well then that just gives you the ultimate baka. When I read the wikipidia article I started to think the Egyptians are flipping the heck out because their Internet was cut off. I know that many people feel that it’s not right bro. After doing this study, it’s really not right bro.For example, I heard that the president of Egypt Mubarak was in power for 30 years. 30 years?!? That’s ridiculous how long that is.

One thing that I know for sure about the Egyptian protest is that this movement was formed in Facebook. Now I've studied my share of English, and I’m surprised 2.5 million people protested in Egypt and this started in Facebook.  Personally, it's funny to me how it started from facebook.

I did some research on the Egyptian protest I came across this one article: Oil prices steady as investors eye Egypt protest http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9L42QK00.htm . This article provided a lot of information and “investors waited to see the outcome of the largest protest” This statement didn't really surprise me all that much, but it did make me feel like humans are really greedy. The entire reason why investors are interested in this protest is because of the price of oil.  With the Egyptians in protest no one is protecting the Suez Canal, a major route for oil tankers to Europe and North America, it can create some dangers to the delivering of the oil.  Which leads to increase of oil.

In another source that I looked at, Dozens Attend Egyptian Protest Rally In Union Square http://manhattan.ny1.com/content/top_stories/133299/dozens-attend-egyptian-protest-rally-in-union-square there was this one statement that made me nod my head in agreement with the reporter. It was: 100 protesters from different communities …support of the pro-democracy demonstrators in Egypt. This is so true, because it actually happened and its America.

Dear Yasuhiro, I like how

Submitted by vtse2 on Sun, 2011-02-27 00:58.

Dear Yasuhiro,

I like how you kept this post short, simple, and straight to the point. Your post " Egyptian Protests" was great and I've learned some things I didn't know before. I also thought that it was terrible when their internet got cut off.  I know I'd be extremely angry if that happened here. I also think it is so dangerous for that to happen, because many people depend on internet/technology these days.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is,"For example, I heard that the president of Egypt Mubarak was in power for 30 years. 30 years?!? That’s ridiculous how long that is." I also think it is insane for a president to run as long as 30 years. People wouldn't even know how other presidents can be because they're being run by the same president for so long. Also I think President Mubarak would think he has the most power over everything and he'd like it to stay that way because he's enjoyed it for 30 years. After running for 30 years, it is going to be difficult to just let it go.

Another sentence that I agree with is,"One thing that I know for sure about the Egyptian protest is that this movement was formed in Facebook. Now I've studied my share of English, and I’m surprised 2.5 million people protested in Egypt and this started in Facebook.  Personally, it's funny to me how it started from facebook." I didn't know and didn't hear of this. I think it's funny and interesting how this started because many people have access to facebook today. 

Thanks for you writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like how you related it to the world. I like this type of thinking and I enjoyed reading it because it was short and simple.