Elegant and Sophisticated

by: Kiml18

My parents always wanted unique names for their children. They didn't want our name to be common and they wanted us to stand out and shine bright in our lifetimes. When they first chose Lauren as an option, they looked at the percentage of how many girls had the name. They were satisfied with the "uniqueness" and then researched what the name meant. Since the name meant the place of laurel leaves, they weren't that psyched about the meaning. Eventually though, the sound of my name won my parents over. They believed that Lauren sounded elegant and sophisticated. Thus, they named me Lauren! As for my opinion of my name, I think it really suits my personality! Although many girls have the same name as me, I believe that what I've been called has shaped me into who I am today!

Name

Submitted by LindsayRyan on Thu, 2014-11-20 00:33.

Lauren,

I do like the name Lauren. All the Laurens I know are very kind. You post was interesting, and I recommend that you give the reader more detail about why your name speaks to your personality. How does it reflect your characteristics? Awesome and keep up the good work!

Laurel Leaves

Submitted by LaurenNaatz on Thu, 2014-11-20 19:18.

I like your post Lauren! I like that you talked about how your parents wanted to name you something unique. My parents also named me Lauren, but my mom says it's only because one day she was at the park and heard someone call their child and so she decided to that one of her children would be named Lauren..it was me. I never knew that my name meant the place of the laurel leaves. To be honest I think that is pretty boring, much like your parents who weren't "psyched" about it. I agree that my name has shaped who I am, as all names do. This is a link to an article I found interesting about the effect names have on a person's personality http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/the-power-of-names

Thank you for your post! I look forward to your next one in the hopes that I will learn another fun fact, even one as personal as the meaning of my name. I'm excited to see your next piece of short writing, I like that even though I don't know you, I can hear your personality in the writing. Good job!

-Lauren N