In The Event of My... Demise

by: ojomom

If I were to die tomorrow, I'd want to die a glorious death. In a way that all would remember.... such as me giving up my life in order to save someone (a friend, someone I care deeply about, etc.) or being the one who made the ultimate sacrifice. It seems that our lives are truly defined once we're no longer here. Why?... because people truly recognize and acknowledge what you've done only after you're gone.

Dear Ojomon, I really love

Submitted by BECA13_YSABEL on Mon, 2011-12-05 00:02.

Dear Ojomon,
I really love your poem, "In the Event of my...Demise" because it holds a lot of truth and i agree with you. One sentence you wrote that stood out to me was "people truly recognize and acknowledge what you've done only after you're gone." I think its true because we are taken for granted when we are alive. Also because heroes are usually known for being heros after their passing. Another sentence that stood out to me was "It seems that our lives are truly defined once we're no longer here." This sentence stood out to me because it is very unfortunate that peoples lives aren't given value until they are no longer in the physical world. I do not agree with you when you said, "If I were to die tomorrow, I'd want to die a glorious death." One reason i say this is because when i die i just want to feel accomplished and like my life had a purpose. Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing you write next because your thoughts are very thoughtful and significant. I enjoy reading your writing.