Favorite Word - Drive

by: connorc

One of my favorite words is drive. The reason that this is my favorite word is because it has a lot of different meanings to me. Though drive is not a very complex word, it can have a lot of different interpretations. One interpretation, for me, is driving as in driving a car. Having just gotten my license a year ago, I still enjoy driving and having a car a lot. It gives me a lot more independence and opportunity that I didn’t have before I had my license, and I love the car I drive. Also, drive has a deeper meaning to me. I consider drive to be a necessary attribute in a successful human being. Growing up, and especially living in Florida, I met a lot of people who lacked drive to do something great with their lives when they grew up. This is something that I will never let happen to myself. I consider myself driven to get an education and do something meaningful with my life, and I don’t want to surround myself with people who don’t feel the same way. Speaking of Florida, the word drive reminds me of all of the times that I have driven to and from Florida for/with my grandma, and to live there this last semester. Living in Florida was a great experience of which a decent amount of time was spent in my car, driving. Being able to drive and being driven to be successful are two things that are very important to me and that’s why drive is one of my favorite words.

Hello Connor , I respect you

Submitted by Chris Blandon on Fri, 2016-03-04 12:28.

Hello Connor , I respect you for giving a lot of thought as to why the word "drive" means a lot to you. I can agree with you on so many levels. I also like driving my car and taking drives to clear my head for a while. I like that you surround yourself with people that want to be something and have an urge in them to strive for greatness. I don't like to surround myself with negative people or people that are a danger to me or themselves.