Feeling better about The Catcher in the Rye

by: SFootman
Favorite books

Recently I read  pages 200-212 in The Cather in the Rye, by J.D.Salinger, and I feel better about Holden because now that Pheobe is back as his friend,he seems so overjoyed.

One line from this part of the book that stands out for me is: "My hunting hat gave me alot of protection,in a way,but it got soaked anyway,but i didn't care,i felt so happy." I liked this line because we finally get to see Holden happy,and he hasn't been happy in a really long time.

Another line that I liked was: "The way she kept going around and around,in her blue coat and all. God,I wish you could have been there." This stood out for me because it seems now Holden will finally be happy with someone, and not all by himself!

This section of The Catcher in the Rye reminds me of something I saw in Youth Voices.  A student posted about a book he was reading called American Dragon. In the story,the boy starts to learn about his culture because of a Chinese girl he meet in New York. So I'm thinking,maybe Holden will find himself hanging out with Pheobe,and lie a good life.

What's probably going to happen next is Pheobe and Holden will probably live happily ever after,like in the fairy tales.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of this book because i guess I just want to see what happens.

Holden is a weird fella, he

Submitted by CFlores on Fri, 2009-02-27 20:52.

Holden is a weird fella, he is always thinking something is phony and I think he needs to grow up more and look at himself instead of others. I like his originality though because not everyone is that unique, but he's a special character in the book not just because he's the main one. I find it good that he finally is happy with someone and not by himself and maybe that will teach him how to grow up a little more....=)

This book is unappealing to

Submitted by JFlores on Mon, 2009-05-04 09:52.

This book is unappealing to me and boring. Holden is a weird and shady guy.

This book is unappealing to

I like your post I feel bad

Submitted by maryamkhan on Mon, 2009-05-11 12:03.

I like your post I feel bad about Holden that he has been facing many problems and he is a kind of confused.And he can't decide good decision