Feng Shui

by: Blank

My parents just thought that Kevin sounded good so they decided to name me that. There isn’t much family history with the name “Kevin” since most of my family that came before me had Vietnamese names that were kind of inconvenient when they came to America so they wanted to give me a name that would make my life easier nothing like ‘’Feng Shui”. A while ago I learned that “Kevin” is an Irish name (I refuse to say what it means). My parents really like the letter “K” for some reason too, since my mom goes by Kim, my brother’s name is Kyle, my name is Kevin, and my dad’s name is Khanh.

E.l.A

ctaveras's picture
Submitted by ctaveras on Thu, 2014-10-09 09:50.

Dear Kevin:

I am interested with you poem, "Feng shui," because I like the name kevin and your name seems like a nice name.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "There isn’t much family history with the name “Kevin”" I think this is nice because that means your name is unique in your family.

Another sentence that I liked was: "My parents really like the letter “K” for some reason too, since my mom goes by Kim, my brother’s name is Kyle, my name is Kevin, and my dad’s name is Khanh." This stood out for me because my family also goes with letters that like and its kinda wierd but I kinda like it.

Your poem reminds me of something that happened to me. One time when I asked my mom about why she gave me my name she said that I have many family members with that name and she likes the letter C so that was the best choice for me.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your poem was really good and I know that if you post something else it will be a good story as well.

Poem

dlloyd's picture
Submitted by dlloyd on Fri, 2014-10-10 13:12.

Dear Blank:

I am proud by your poem "Feng Shui," because when you writing about your name you have to really know about your name and the history of your name. then see why her mother and father name you that and where they get it from.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is " A while ago I learned that “Kevin” is an Irish name ( I refuse to say what it means)" I think this is smart and funny because at least she know where she get her name from and why they call her that. Its funny because it might mean something bad and Irish.

Another sentence that I like was "My parents really like the letter K for some reason." This stood out for me because my mom is the same way all of her kids names sound alike or close to each other.

Your poem reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i ask my mother what my name means and she said get out my face and go ask your father.When I went to ask my father he said I don’t its just a comment name.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I want to learn more about your name and what it means in Irish.