Fight for Justice and Equality

by: joly
Selma

My first time watching Selma was so painful knowing they suffered to get us where we are now with the rights we now have. The scene where the Boston priest was beaten to death by other white folks who thought their action to support the movement was wrong and ignorant. The betrayal of his own kind, his own race would kill him just for standing up for what he believes is right. Tears came pouring out of my eyes, just knowing he was beaten to death as he came down here to create peace for all of mankind.

One death after another during the march, it just didn’t end. Those deaths were then represented by the success the movement had, knowing family members were lost. The families stayed strong, they stayed strong to get what is right and what they have always been fighting for. Tears of family, friends and strangers encourage the movement far enough for the president to finally do something.

The Boston priest was brave, like people all over the world who fight for JUSTICE. All those people who participated in the non-violent march with Martin Luther King Jr, felt there was a good reason to fight the authorities. Their reasons were to have the FREEDOM and EQUALITY to all, not just the people who are known/seem as superior. FREEDOM and EQUALITY is not for one, but for all to contain the peace we must have in the world to survive, Selma made it clear we must continue fighting for racism to end.

Powerful

Submitted by Lynnea on Tue, 2015-09-22 19:51.

I think the beginning of your post was good because speaking about a movie and deeply it affected you really drew me in. The rest of your post maintained your stance and I thought that really emphasized your point.

It was interspersing that you

dperez2's picture
Submitted by dperez2 on Fri, 2016-06-03 09:21.

It was interspersing that you were expression your feeling about that.
Its cool that you got to see it.
Your writing is strong by adding details to it and telling what was happening. Good job!:)

I really like how you

Submitted by anolasco on Fri, 2016-06-03 09:29.

I really like how you explained what you were feeling about this. You made yourself sound so sophisticated. I loved how you added a lot of details. Good job!:)

I really like how you said

xvargas's picture
Submitted by xvargas on Fri, 2016-06-03 10:05.

I really like how you said your not a good writer and that you will try your best. I think you did well because Selma is a confusing movie to write about and this was very strong.

Your writing is

kmira's picture
Submitted by kmira on Fri, 2016-06-03 10:15.

Your writing is strong,because you used your emotions and you used strong words to describe the movie.

I really like how you put a

afortunato's picture
Submitted by afortunato on Fri, 2016-06-03 10:15.

I really like how you put a lot of emotion in this piece. I also love how it's so thought it...It's amazing!!

I like that you put your

sgrajales's picture
Submitted by sgrajales on Fri, 2016-06-03 10:24.

I like that you put your emotions in the writing. I also noticed that you used words that are strong and really show what you mean. For example when you used betrayal and when you said "Tears came pouring out of my eyes, just knowing he was beaten to death as he came down here to create peace for all of mankind."