First questions

I just started reading “The Omnivore's Dilemma” by Michael Pollan ,and my first impression is “ what is this book about?”Also “how is everything corn in the supermarket?”

One question I have is “ how is this book going to change my life?” What I want the author to explain is how this book is going to change my life.This is important because I don’t want to get a false claim.

Another question I have is “Can this book really tell what people are putting in their mouth?” The answer will probably be they are feeding us genetically modified food. I think I will find out more things later on in my read. I will research this on google.

A third question is “What is disease resistant corn? When I think more about this question, I begin to wonder if this type of corn is even organic or is it a type of industrial corn and if the herbivores even eat this.

I am looking forward to reading “The Omnivore’s Dilemma” because I want to know what is in my food.

reply to your essay

Submitted by tmyrick on Fri, 2016-06-03 14:07.

Dear abraham,

I am surprised about your post because, everyone is trying to figure out how omnivore's dilemma will change our lives.

One sentence that stands out for me is, how is everything made out of corn? I did some research on this before. I found out that corn is in everything because,Corn is the keystone species of the industrial food system, along with its sidekick, soybeans, with which it shares a rotation on most of the farms in the Midwest.

Another sentence is “What is disease resistant corn? I planning to find out what it is, I don’t think I found out what it is in the book but im planning to know.

Your post reminds me of my research on what it is, i saw an image on google images that shows a bug on a plant. I think the bug is what is causing the disease to happen. It might be or might not be the cause of plants to be catch it.

Thanks for your writing, i hope to see what happens next on your post.