The First Time I Boxed

by: zdawson

My story is about the first time I boxed. It started when I got into a fight, and the boy I was fighting was taller then me.

Back then, I was not a fighter, and he might have thought that he could push me around. I got tired of him hitting and dissing me. Once he punched me in my face, and we got into a fight.

When the fight was, done my mom was mad. When we got, home she said to me, "Son, I'm not mad, but pissed a little, but i'm proud of you for standing up for yourself. Next time tell a someone, okay?”

I said, “Yea, ma!” s

That day, my uncle came over, and he heard what happen, and said, "I’m signing you up for boxing."

At first I was like, "For what?" Then i remember about the fight, so i told my uncle i wanted to box.

That week, my mom told me to pick up my brother that whole week. Even my uncle came to pick me up We spent half of the whole night sparring. All night after we left the gym, we went home. We ate mac and cheese with chicken. We washed up and went to bed.

Two months later, my uncle and I had got into the championship. I was 5-0 until the new kid came and beat me.

I can't lie. I was talking like I was big. I asked then for an upcoming fight, and: "I want you to fight me in the ring."

He said, “Okay you talking big though.”

I said, ”Yeah, I'm big in this gym. Youngin, I'm a pro kid."

Since that conversation, I started training hard. It was one week until the fight. I was training even harder.

The fight was on Tuesday, that second day. I relaxed when Tuesday came, I was ready to to to the gym.

The latest word my uncle said was “Go out there and win.”

I said, “Thanks.”

i got into the ring, and all of sudden, he knocks me out!

That night, I told my the boxer, "I am proud of you. You beat me, then went home."

I box too

dlloyd's picture
Submitted by dlloyd on Thu, 2013-11-07 13:20.

Dear Zion:

I am amazed about your essay because you told us why you started boxing in it was a good idea if someone keep beating you up. Your uncle did a good thing for signing you up to box maybe if you would of been a boxer. One sentence you wrote that stand out for me is when you said your mother wasn't mad at you because she handle it like a lady an didn't say go back in fight.

Your essay remind me of something that happened to me. One time I was home and all of my brother friends come over an they all way older then me. My brother and his friends started beating me up I was getting mad. Then my older brother came in the room with the gloves and said lets everybody wanted to box my brother said don't be scared then I started beating all them up and knock one out . The next day I went to boxing class and I still box to this day

Thank you for writing this essay. I look forward to seeing what will you write next time because I really like the essay I can relate to this . This essay remind me of how was was when I was younger. So keep up the good work.

I am interested with your

mortiz's picture
Submitted by mortiz on Fri, 2014-09-12 11:08.

I am interested with your post because you want to be a boxer and u accomplished that
One sentence you wrote stands out for me is “Back then, I was not a fighter, and he might have thought that he could push me around. I got tired of him hitting and dissing me.”
Another sentence that I liked was “Two months later, my uncle and I had got into the championship. I was 5-0 until the new kid came and beat me.
Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I started kickboxing. I went 10-2 in the octagon.
Thanks for your writing I look forward to seeing what you write next, because my story and your story have a lot in common.