Foundation and earth

by: Cec

To this day, there are few science fiction authors who have consistently written good works of literature. Some of these authors consist of H.G. Wells, Author C. Clark, Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, and others that I unfortunately cannot name. However, in this case we will be diving into one of the works of Isaac Asimov, a tale known as Foundation and Earth. This tale is the conclusion to a series known as the Foundations series, which chronological order places as: Prelude to the Foundation, Forward the foundation, Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation, Foundation's Edge, and finally, Foundation and Earth.

There is no good way to describe this series without going all the way back to the beginning. About 25,000 years in the future, a mathematician proves that it is possible to predict the future of large populations using mathematics. However, to begin, the mathematician, a Hari Seldon, must compute the current state of the Empire. Realizing that this is impractical, he goes on a search to find the state of the galaxy 20,000 years ago. He succeeds, and he realizes that the Empire is about to enter a "Dark ages". He considers the possibilities and realizes that the Dark ages can not be prevented, but they can be shortened. He creates two Foundations at opposite ends of the galaxy. The first foundation is there to keep technology alive according the the Seldon Plan, a mathematically calculated route so the galaxy may have another central governing body in the shortest amount of time, and the second foundation is full of Psychohistorians, this is the group of people responsible to keep the Seldon Plan in check. They know the working of the plan, and as such, are tasked with figuring out how to keep the progress of the first foundation following the plan. This system continues uninterrupted for about 600 years. At about 600 years, a man is born with the uncanny ability to figure out what is best for humanity. This man, Trevise, is maneuvered to apparently god-like planet known as Gaia. There they discover a completely interconnected ecosystem. This ecosystem offers Trevise three choices. Trevise can disrupt the plan and destroy the Second foundation, he can keep the original system, or he can establish Galaxia, a galaxy-wide ecosystem like Gaia. Not choosing until he was sure, Trevise chooses Galaxia as the best system for humanity.

Here our story begins. We follow Trevise on another adventure to find out why he can make such a decision so readily.
This is another story ready to stand the test of time.

Wow! This book sounds pretty

Submitted by jesskim34 on Sat, 2016-01-09 18:05.

Wow! This book sounds pretty complex. However, I love science fiction books because it uses the imagination and known information to create whole new worlds. Stories that take place in outer space is interesting because space is so vast and still unknown. I feel like anything could happen in space because we still know very little about it. Thanks for your summary and review!

Wow! This book sounds pretty

Ahhhhhh.

Submitted by The Movie Destroyer on Sat, 2016-01-09 21:56.

Good book, and I have no interest on reading it, maybe 0.00000000001 percent.
Plus,

WHERE IS THE SHIP!!!!!! HALO RING!!!!!!! YOU DIDN'T COMMENT ON MINE, I ASSUME.