The Fox and the Stork

by: 16bashara

I created the Scratch animation The Fox and the Stork as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a story that teaches the reader to take the right decisions in life and a valuable lesson.

My story is about a fox inviting a stork to dinner. The stork accepts and when the stork arrives for dinner it sees that the fox has laid out the dinner (which is soup) on flat plates. The stork can’t drink the soup so the fox eats it and the stork goes away mad and hungry. Because the fox did such a mean trick on the stork, the stork decides to do the same thing to the fox, so the stork invites the fox over for dinner. When the fox arrives for dinner, it sees that the dinner (which is also soup) is in a long pitcher. The fox can’t drink from a pitcher so the fox goes home angry and hungry also. So the ethical decisions that the player has to make is to choose the correct serving plate when either the stork or the fox comes over for dinner.

My story was inspired by another story my mom told me when I was little. It was a about a goat and a fox. The fox fell down the well trying to get a drink and cries for help. The goat hears him and comes to help him, but is also thirsty. The fox tricks the goat into falling down the well and then uses the goat to get out of the well. This made me think about doing a story where one animal tricks the other. So I searched ethical stories and found the The Fox and the Stork is the story I was looking for.

I think I was successful in creating my story because I was able to fulfill the requirements. My animation was three minutes long. The story is also interactive with the player and the player learns the valuable lesson of the story. There are multiple endings, is appropriate for kids up to 13 years old, and gave credit to all the places I got my material, pictures, and story.

All i can say is how is the

16koutsoulidakiss's picture
Submitted by 16koutsoulidakiss on Thu, 2012-01-05 16:15.

All i can say is how is the food an ethical decision, I understand inviting him over but the food plate really does not make sense. Maybe you can also make it longer by adding more dialogue.

Too short

16wongn's picture
Submitted by 16wongn on Tue, 2012-01-24 17:04.

The story was a little too short when you chose to have lunch with the fox and you chose the bowl of food, and i didn't understand why the stork died. Couldn't the stork get his own food?