Freewrite about Twitter.

There are a bunch of social networking sites where you can keep in touch with your friends and see pictures and talk to eachother. Twitter is one of them. Twitter is a big thing today, and a bunch of famous people are begining to use it and I think it would be cool to get one and follow all types of people. I have never blogged or anything like that. Twitter has been all over the entertainment buisness. Does anyone have any personal experiences with twitter? Well, I have facebook, and it is pretty cool. You can update your status when you are with friends or just at home bored. I heard facebook was copying twitter? But is it true? What ever happened to myspace? Noone ever uses it anymore.

Dear Lenny,I am intrigued by

Submitted by groberts on Tue, 2014-07-08 11:19.

Dear Lenny,
I am intrigued by your freewrite about Twitter. Particularly I am interested because this post was written 4 years ago, and I keep thinking of Twitter as the "newest" social networking thing! But I guess it's been around for a while after all... A lot of people seem to maintain multiple social networking accounts simultaneously, like Twitter AND Facebook AND Instagram, and I often wonder why it is necessary to have more than one. Do people have different friends on different sites? Do they show different sides of themselves? It seems like a lot of information to keep track of! I only have Facebook, but maybe someday that will change.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is "Whatever happened to MySpace?" This stood out to me because it does seem like these websites come and go like fads, and even the ones that stick around have to keep changing to keep the interest of their users. Facebook came out 10 years ago, when I was first starting college, and I know it's changed a lot since then, but I can't even keep track of how. Oftentimes people get angry about a change at first and then they adjust to it and forget it was ever different.

I look forward to seeing what you write next, because these social networking sites are a big topic of conversation these days. I wonder what you think about the possible intrusions on privacy or other concerns that people have.

Thanks for writing!
Cora