Gone Booktalk

by: AEB_19

Aj Beery
Book title: Gone
Author: Michael Grant
Genre: Sci-Fi
Rating 1-10: Solid 7
Spoiler free summary:
In a town named Perdido Beach, California all people over the age of 15 disappear out of thin air. Nobody knows where they went or what happen to them but there biggest worry is survival. Everybody has to help out, some people search homes for children, some gather and ration food, and others help build their shelter. Instead of everyone going home they all go and live in the plaza. But just as things are going well the bullies show up. They go to an alternative school and try to take over everything. So it's up to the main character to find out what caused the adults disappearing as well as stopping the bullies from threatening everyone's survival.

If seems like an interesting

Submitted by Adam447 on Fri, 2016-01-08 12:50.

If seems like an interesting book. Is there a sequel?

Book Talk Comment

Submitted by caitlinmarie19 on Fri, 2016-01-08 12:55.

I think this sounds really interesting! I really want to read it now to see why only 15 year olds are disappearing.

Book Talk Comment

Since they're rationing food,

Submitted by TravisA on Fri, 2016-01-08 13:23.

Since they're rationing food, does that mean somewhere that is difficult to support themselves? If it's a town, how come they need to build shelters?

I have read this series, it's

Submitted by Kelsey on Fri, 2016-01-08 17:26.

I have read this series, it's based on a very interesting idea and I think you explained the plot and conflict well. What do you think would happen if everybody over the age of 15 disappeared in your community? Do you think there would be a group of "bullies" and "good guys" fighting for power? Do you think that you would be able to survive without adults and authorities running your town?