Is the government really helping????

Career goals

Cam Cardow - March 22, 2009

Cam Cardow - 3/22/2009

I found this image interesting and a little funny becuase of the dialouge given to the caricatures.  The man in the blue suit is singing "If you're happy and you know it" tothe people sitting on the bench and they comment to each other about how the man is displaying good leadership skills in singing the song to them.  And if you really think about the words of the song, it is actually leading/telling others what to do.  This is funny because the people on the bench are praising the man for such a low level of leadership that it really should not be called leadership.  It is just an ordinary kid's play song.   

This image is a political cartoon representing politics and all of that stuff.  I am not 100% sure about who the caricatures in the cartoon are supposed to represent, but I'm guessing that the man in the blue suit singing "If you're happy and you know it" represents a governmental figure or the government as a whole while the people on the bench represent the common people of the state.  I interpret this image as having an underlying message of "the government has very poor leadership skills over and within our country".  The people of the US accept this extremely low level of leadership from the government as standard and impressive.  Cardow is illustrating that governmental officials are amatuers and the people of the US are fooled and blinded by their act of leadeship.