Gun Talk

by: AEB_19

Beery, Aj Eugene. "Guns." Bitsrips. Bitstrips, 25 May 2016. Web. 26 May 2016.

This picture made by me shows what I hear many people say about guns. The man's response is my reaction. The purpose is to show how people like to blame the guns for all the problems that are happening with shootings, when actually there's something wrong with the shooter. Sometimes its an illness and sometimes it's whats going on in their personal lives. People want these gun control laws so no one with illness or bad records can't get guns, but most of the time people take the guns from people they know. My point is putting a million laws on guns to obtain and use them isn't going to solve our problems, and nothing we do will ever truly solve our problems with guns and violence.

Hey, Good post! One thing

Submitted by connorc on Fri, 2016-05-27 12:08.

Hey,
Good post! One thing that I would add in (having done a research paper on gun laws before) is to compare and contrast Canadian (and other foreign countries) gun laws with our own, and compare the violence. What you'll find is that Canada's gun laws are barely any stricter than the United State's, but gun violence and murders are close to unheard of in Canada. Therefore, the problem, as you said, must lie in the citizens within that country or the culture of that country. I agree that gun laws aren't the answer in our country, but it's a very weak argument to say that there is no solution. Come up with one. What do you think would work?
Best,
Connor Cooke

Great thinking about guns! I

Submitted by vuribe on Fri, 2016-06-03 08:35.

Great thinking about guns! I agree with you about how we won't truly solve our problems with guns and violence. If a law will be passed people won't really stop. It'll be the same if there wasn't a law except there will be strict consequences.