Health Struggles

by: kruss

Me and my family stay healthy by simply being. It’s actually quite strange but my family and I just don’t get sick.It’s very rare. Also, when we do get sick it’s all together. My sister my mom and I all get sick at around the same time. i thought it was because we lived in the same household but even when my sister went to college we all still get sick around the same time. I thought it was a really interesting phenomenon. Not only do we get sick together but we usually heal at around the same time as well. Although our methods of healing are different.

My mom and I usually let it go away on it’s own and that works. My sister on the other hand takes a lot of hot showers and just sleeps a lot. That’s essentially it. It’s really funny though because our preventative measures are different as well. For example, I like to just not touch gross things and carry hand sanitizer with me. My mother drinks a lot of tea, specifically green tea jasmine, and eats so many oranges I’m surprised she isn’t one. My sister yells at everyone who is near her to get away. If you assumed she’s not easy to get close to then you’d be correct. Also when she’s near a spray can of air freshener she will not hesitate to use that against you.

Personally I have slightly serious health issues. Nothing life or death, but serious enough to where if I don’t keep up with it, I could potentially change the way I would have to live my life. I was told about a year ago I was at risk for diabetes. It wasn’t exactly a total shock I mean i kind of had it coming with the way I eat. This is what I have to change. If not I will be living life with slightly more difficulty. But this is good because while I am fixing my physical health I am also fixing my mental health. My depression is getting better. No one would know because I am really good at hiding it but now I feel like some days I actually don’t have to hide entirely how I feel. It’s still a day to day struggle but I will be a better person for it in the long run.

"My sister yells at everyone

Submitted by gsaturno on Wed, 2016-02-24 13:41.

"My sister yells at everyone who is near her to get away...Also when she’s near a spray can of air freshener she will not hesitate to use that against you." Your sister has a very unique way to get sick. She might be the only one that I know that yells at people and spray air freshener at people to not get sick.

thank you.

Submitted by tewilliams on Mon, 2016-03-07 03:46.

Thank you for sharing a personal part of your life, it takes courage to openly journal about it, no need to feel alone on that. And I really love how you bring your sarcastic characteristics to your writings. Its really funny to me because ironically I can here you saying all this in my head, so its kind of hilarious.