Here comes the sun!

by: mattr

Spring time is here!
Here in New York City, the warm weather came early (hopefully it's here to stay). It was over 85 degrees the other day, and everyone has been out enjoying the sun and warmth which the winter deprives us of. The cherry blossoms are blooming in the parks! All the daffodils, tulips, and grape hyacinths on the street are blooming. This new life brings more than sweet smells and pretty colors, but it lets photographers know that it's time to get out those cameras and capture the brilliance of springtime!

Please use this discussion to share your springtime excitement and photos! How is springtime entering your life this year?
Don't forget to post your pictures in the Youth Voices FlickR group as well on this discussion!
This discussion is open to everyone on Youth Voices!!!

Taken on the East River looking up at a tree taken with a LensBaby

Matt- Thank you for starting

susanettenheim's picture
Submitted by susanettenheim on Sun, 2010-04-11 17:58.

Matt- Thank you for starting this discussion. I look forward to seeing many different interpretations as we build this conversation.

I am curious about the photo you chose to share. In fact, let me relate my question to a recent experience in my life. I am teaching Caribbean Art online this semester. I did not create the course and since this is the first time I am teaching it, I am exploring it along with my students. In a recent assignment, the students and I studied the relationship between nature and art in Caribbean Art but with a particular look at artists who had very personal and somewhat unusual ways of connecting the beautiful landscape and weather of the Caribbean to their artistic statements.

The photo you chose to share in this conversation seems to me to have a very personal point of view. I get dizzy looking at it! did you blur certain areas of the photo for a specific effect? Did you want to viewer to feel a certain way? I also see so many patterns in this photo such as the clouds and the branches. It almost feels to me as though it was to be completely abstract yet it also feels as though it has a story that it is trying to tell me - a secret narrative. Have you taken other pictures that are similar or have a similar treatment?

This also makes me look forward to other interpretations of photos taken outside this spring. I hope all Youth Voices members will join in this conversation and share photos whether you are in a photography class or not! What are seeing in your world this month? What catches your eyes and attention?

Ms. Ettenheim-Thank you for

mattr's picture
Submitted by mattr on Mon, 2010-04-12 08:05.

Ms. Ettenheim-
Thank you for your reply. The Caribbean Art course must be very interesting. This picture was taken using a LensBaby which is a special effects lens that alters the focus point. The photo is meant to capture your mind - I like to create photos that one quick glance simply won't satisfy. I want people to look at the photo and try and find the focus point and wonder why I put it there. It is definately meant to be abstract - I like crazy stuff, things out of the ordinary.

This photo is similar, but I think it is less crazy, there's a more consistent correlation between the branches and the sky:

I really like that

JocelinG's picture
Submitted by JocelinG on Sun, 2010-04-18 16:43.

I really like that photo.          Did you take youself?          Where did you take this picture from?          When did you take this photo?          Where did you get the camera from?          How did you take this picture?

You did a really good job on discribing the photo.

Matt, I'm just as excited as

Submitted by leaht on Mon, 2010-04-12 07:56.

Matt,

I'm just as excited as you are for spring time. Especially in New York City, the sights are beautiful during the spring. The flowers just beginning to bloom, the kids coming out to play, all something that you only see during the spring. My favorite thing about spring time is being able to go into parks and lay on the fresh green grass. I also love the transition of wearing a heavy down winter jacket to wearing a thin leather jacket. 

Sunshine

I love how warm and bright the sunshine is during spring. In this picture, you can tell how bright the sun is. I love being able to go to a roof and just hang out without getting cold and baking in the sun. Spring is definitely one of the happiest times of the year. 

Thank you for the reply.

mattr's picture
Submitted by mattr on Mon, 2010-04-12 08:08.

Thank you for the reply. Being able to capture a feeling such as warmth and baking in the sun in a photo is really interesting.

I like spring and fall, more

JocelinG's picture
Submitted by JocelinG on Sun, 2010-04-18 16:54.

I like spring and fall, more than summer and winter.  Because those are the only two months when it isn't too hot or too cold.  And the weather is comfortable enough to play outside.

I am definitely excited

Submitted by nooraina on Mon, 2010-04-12 08:04.

I am definitely excited that spring is here! I think that it is the perfect time of the year to take pictures. The flowers are just amazing, I have taken so many pictures and here is just one of them:

Thats an interresting photo,

JocelinG's picture
Submitted by JocelinG on Sun, 2010-04-18 17:00.

Thats an interresting photo, it doesnt look like the fowers are fully bloomed though.

I love the fact that the

bend's picture
Submitted by bend on Mon, 2010-04-12 08:07.

I love the fact that the weather is turning around. Spring is here, full blast! The weather is warm and the sun is shining. It's great to know I can go to the park after school and play basketball or handball. The flowers around New York City are quite pretty and the treesare starting to bloom. It is amazing New York's transformation from winter to spring.

One Flower

What a pretty picture, I

JocelinG's picture
Submitted by JocelinG on Sun, 2010-04-18 16:57.

What a pretty picture, I would like it better if it was the color sky blue.  Because sky blue is my favorite color.

The feeling I get when

Submitted by annap on Mon, 2010-04-12 08:07.

The feeling I get when spring time comes around is probably one of the best feelings there is. The warm weather just seems to cheer people up and it is a nice feeling of relief after a long winter. Spring is when everything comes alive again and blossoms. All the pretty flowers and and the nice weather make people want to be outside more. In spring time I love the feeling of laying outside in the sun and soaking up the warmth. When spring time comes around the photography is really amazing. All the amazing colors and flowers really make for good photographs. 

These flowers are so pretty

JocelinG's picture
Submitted by JocelinG on Sun, 2010-04-18 17:18.

These flowers are so pretty that they look like they belong in somebody's wedding. 

Over spring break I went

madisons's picture
Submitted by madisons on Mon, 2010-04-12 08:09.

Over spring break I went to Texas, and I took this picture before I left the city. When I left everything was still bare and there weren't many flowers budding. When I came back everything was green and there are tons of flowers everywhere!

These flowers look like they

JocelinG's picture
Submitted by JocelinG on Sun, 2010-04-18 17:32.

These flowers look like they are a bunch of flowers put together.

Yes, spring in New York

JonathanG's picture
Submitted by JonathanG on Tue, 2010-04-13 08:10.

Yes, spring in New York definitely brings a nice vibe along (not so much for those that have allergies like I do)! Even with allergies, I look forward to spring every year. It really is beautiful outside and as you said it is a nice alternsative to the cold winter we just had. I thought that this picture thatI took on a photo walk last week represented the title you gave.

These are two really good

JocelinG's picture
Submitted by JocelinG on Sun, 2010-04-18 17:42.

These are two really good pictures.  They look like opposites because one picture is brighter than the other and the other one looks like dark mysterious picture.

Spring is certainly in the

Submitted by The Mac Attack on Tue, 2010-04-13 13:58.

Spring is certainly in the air! I took this photo while visitng San Francisco and the three days I was there the weather was absolutely gorgeous. The sun was shining and the temperature was very warm, but not uncomfortable. I may have gotten lucky as I hear San Francisco is cloudy and overcast most of the time, however, when I was there it couldn't have been nicer outside.

Spring is a great time of

Submitted by the.chef on Tue, 2010-04-13 14:02.

Spring is a great time of year for everyone, it really is a relief from the cold daark winter. On my Spring break I visied California with my family, we took my grandmother with us to help her come to terms with the death of my grandfather who had just recently passed away. I took this photo of my grandma staring out into the ocean because it not only shows the beauty of the world, but also raw human emotion.

This is spring time in

Submitted by Dstahulak on Tue, 2010-04-13 14:03.

This is spring time in SLC

Courtesy of Nicole

That's a really good idea

kellyp's picture
Submitted by kellyp on Wed, 2010-04-14 09:52.

That's a really good idea for a discussion. The picture you chose to portray the idea of the warmer seasons starting made me think of how the nice weather is moving in very fast. I recently went to the beach with my friend for a few days, and the weather was rainy and foggy for the first couple days, but the last day we were there, it was really warm and sunny outside. Here's a picture of it:

That picture looks so

JocelinG's picture
Submitted by JocelinG on Sun, 2010-04-18 17:43.

That picture looks so peaceful, almost as if its not real.

I don't enjoy the spring

AnnieS's picture
Submitted by AnnieS on Wed, 2010-04-14 09:47.

I don't enjoy the spring time as much as other people because that means the year is coming to an end we have to start studying for the regents. Although the weather is nice, I don't have that much time to enjoy it because i have had so much homework recently. This time of the year is very stressful but it means school is almost over and I have the summer to relax. -Annie

You're right Annie we do

Submitted by FrankieB on Wed, 2010-04-14 09:54.

You're right Annie we do have a lot of homework in the spring. I do enjoy the sun and watching the flowers bloom but I dread the studying and homework that leads up to the regents. 

Annie, I disagree with you

Submitted by BrianaK on Fri, 2010-04-16 07:46.

Annie,

I disagree with you because I think the cool feeling when you get when spring comes minimizes stress. During spring I think it is important to find the time and walk around because it is such a pretty season with all the flowers blooming, Maybe if you try taking photos while walking during spring it will be away to get rid of stress and relax.

-Briana 

Spring time is here! The

DardaneS's picture
Submitted by DardaneS on Wed, 2010-04-14 09:49.

Spring time is here! The flowers are blooming and the air is so fresh! This is the best time of the year. It's been winter for to long, and just like you said the cherry blossoms are out! This is such a great sight, from the transition from the coldness and now its becoming warmer. The parks are beautiful, and this gives photographers to get out and capture this beauty that has arrived. This is a picture I took at the park near the east river. The trees now have bloomed and the cherry blossoms are a great sight.

This is a photo I took.  I

Submitted by BokyB on Wed, 2010-04-14 09:51.

This is a photo I took.  I find that this photo incorporates both a sense of style and Spring time in New York City.  

In the eyes of many, New York is thought to be a highly enjoyed place and many dream of visiting New York City.  In particular, what better way to represent Spring time here than having a Maybach that is extremely rare in the picture.

This photo is saying more then what is really seen in my opinion.  I enjoy Spring time here, but allergies are really tough to deal with.  However, during Spring it's usually cool outside, not too cold and not too hot.

Spring in New York City is unlike any other Spring.

Spring is definitely a

Submitted by andrewr on Wed, 2010-04-14 09:51.

Spring is definitely a joyful time.  Its a transition period between the cold winter days and summer.  Everyday of spring is a constant reminder of the beautiful summer days to come.  The photograph posted in this post and many others can be found on my flickr feed.  This photograph was taken at the start of spring.  I believe that it parallels  the weather and emotion that is commonly found in this season change, from cool darker colors to a brighter and lighter horizon.

.    Spring is here and so

MariuszG's picture
Submitted by MariuszG on Wed, 2010-04-14 09:56.

.

Spring is here and so are the warmer temperature. Although you are right in that it was quite hot over a short period of time, later in the week the temperature dropped about 15 degrees and is steadily now in the high 60's low 70's. Although I enjoyed the two days of warmth, I think that it is much too soon for it to be this hot this early. I do see some irony in the changes of the seasons because when it is very hot and humid I cannot wait for winter to cool down. However during the winter time, when it is cold and miserable, I can't wait for the summer heat and sun.

This is quite

JakeS's picture
Submitted by JakeS on Wed, 2010-04-14 09:57.

This is quite interesting.  Extremely interesting in fact.  I agree with much vigor.

Yeah, spring is definitely a

ArielC's picture
Submitted by ArielC on Wed, 2010-04-14 09:58.

Yeah, spring is definitely a time to take some interesting pictures. The lighting compltely changes when the sun comes out, and having pictures against a totally clear blue sky makes a big difference then in cold, cloudy weather. Recently I got an interesting picture of tree branches and a building with the bright sun in the background. It looks a little washed out almost, but I like the affect. I noticed that some other people's pictures are like that too, what do you guys think about the affect of the bright sun?

I really like the spring

Submitted by danieller on Wed, 2010-04-14 09:59.

I really like the spring time. It is a great time to take excellent striking photos!  I cant wait to have the chance to take more photos of flowers and landscapes! Here is a photo I took of a red flower:

Spring time is here in NYC.

RobB's picture
Submitted by RobB on Wed, 2010-04-14 20:35.

Spring time is here in NYC. All the flowers are blossoming and the weather is getting warmer. Spring time is also a great time for photographers. It allows them to capture the colorful aspects of spring which are only present during that time of the year. Spring also brings alot of rainy weather which allows photographers to take a variation of photo's. Spring also means the start of outdoor sports and wearing shorts.

I am very excited that

Submitted by braydenmartinez on Thu, 2010-04-15 14:02.

I am very excited that spring is springing. I love the warm weather and all of the flowers blooming! I took this photo during my spring break down it St. George, UT. The weahter there was fairly warm, but it was still nice. Other than the flower in this picture, there were many other flowers there. I can't wait till all the flowers are here :D

Here's some Spring from

Submitted by Sylvia09 on Thu, 2010-04-15 14:08.

Here's some Spring from Utah!  

Hi! Spring has been really

Submitted by Josie04 on Thu, 2010-04-15 14:10.

Hi! Spring has been really cold in Salt Lake City, but we've  had a little bit of sunshine.  Here is a picture from one of our few sunny days.

It is great to finally have

Submitted by nataliad on Thu, 2010-04-15 23:00.

It is great to finally have spring here! I'm more of a summer person, but I see how important spring can be to a photographers It's great to take pictures of plants and flowers instead of snow and ice. I really like the lighting this spring. Everything is bright and green, and provides a chance to take really pretty pictures.

I took this picture by putting my camera down in the grass. I think it represents spring because the grass is green and crisp and ready for summer!

I really enjoy the

Submitted by AdrianM on Fri, 2010-04-16 07:45.

I really enjoy the springtime, primarily because my birthday lands in the middle of spring. New York City in particular has many wonderful parks that basically show the beginning of spring as soon as people enter and begin to play. Spring is one of those seasons where it's extremely hot at times, and cold and wet the next day. Spring is basically the introduction of summer. It's the beginning of outdoor sports and activities, the introduction of shorts and of course, the beaches. Spring, oh what a wonderful season. High 60s are expected, and low 70s, now thats the beginning of spring. The rainy season of rebirth known as spring has finally arrived.

Although spring has been

Submitted by kisas on Fri, 2010-04-16 07:45.

Although spring has been really nice and full of life, I feel like the dreary days make for interesting photographs too. The photo I decided to share with ya'll is this:

I think it captures the essence of the rainy days of spring, in contrast to all of the sunny, vibrant pictures that have been posted. Lemme know what you guys think!

Check out my Flickr.

Wow. This photograph is

MaeveK's picture
Submitted by MaeveK on Fri, 2010-04-16 14:09.

Wow. This photograph is amazing! I love the balence of it. I also think that even though the spring is sunny and beautiful, the rainy, overcast days create great shadows and make stunning photographs, especially in black and white.

I love your picture; it

AnnaC's picture
Submitted by AnnaC on Fri, 2010-04-16 07:46.

I love your picture; it really shows that Spring time is here.  The fact that you have the slight blur on the sides of the photograph, makes the viewer really focus upon the blue sky and tree branches.  This makes us notice the weather and the setting as well as warmth of your photograph.  

Here is a picture I've taken of spring time in New York, taken at John Jay Park

I really enjoy the

katherinem's picture
Submitted by katherinem on Fri, 2010-04-16 07:51.

I really enjoy the transition between winter and spring. Maybe the flowers have not bloomed yet but the trees are bright with color. Or vice versa, as is the case in my picture. The reason I like this it becomes such strong contrast and creates interesting  pictures. The yellow of the flowers and the brown of the trees really helps improve the quality of the picture. However you have to be quick because this transition only lasts a few weeks!

This is a picture I took

JordanaF's picture
Submitted by JordanaF on Fri, 2010-04-16 07:55.

This is a picture I took in Philadelphia. It reminds me so much of spring because the flowers are blooming and bright colors are coming out. I love spring because of the bright colors and warm weather. After spring comes Summer which I think everyone is looking forward to. Spring is definitely a happy time of year, its one of my favorite seasons.

For the first time, I have a

Submitted by samanthag on Fri, 2010-04-16 08:10.

For the first time, I have a bad case of Spring fever. I love the smell of Springtime. I like to take pictures of not only the flowers but different aspects of Spring in New York. In this picture, there is a rain puddle next to a crushed soda can. I really liked the color contrast and how defined it was. You can check out my photos at this link.

I really enjoy spring and

AngelaB's picture
Submitted by AngelaB on Fri, 2010-04-16 08:14.

I really enjoy spring and i think that this is a really great discussion.  The spring time is when everything comes alive and everything seems to be all bright and happy.  

I really think this photo represents spring because it is a very bright picture of the flowers blooming in the spring.  

The spring in New York is

shanek's picture
Submitted by shanek on Fri, 2010-04-16 08:36.

The spring in New York is definitely amazing! The weather is amazing and lots of photos can be taken for sure. I agree, new life is born with all the new flowers and majestic things! I will definitely be taking plenty of photos to take advantage of this wonderful spring weather while it lasts. They will definitely be great photos!

Ya, I Agree unless it's in

JocelinG's picture
Submitted by JocelinG on Sun, 2010-04-18 16:50.

Ya, I Agree unless it's in Manhattan and totally crowded with people.

Spring is definitely here

Submitted by adelinej on Fri, 2010-04-16 08:43.

Spring is definitely here now, i am so excited to take beautiful pictures of the smiling faces of the people around the city and the beautiful flowers and blossoms on the trees. The sun is here and so many striking photos are going to be taken in new york city!

This picture is of a flower on a side walk of New York city, i think this really describes spring New York because it has the cars in the back ground with the streets and blocks. Also to take a nice picture it does not always have to be sunny, because in spring we get alot of rain in New York City.

I saw this heart that somebody drew on a car on a rainy day and i thought it would be cool to take a picture of this to show the and represent the rainy days of New York City.

I'm so excited that spring

alih's picture
Submitted by alih on Fri, 2010-04-16 08:46.

I'm so excited that spring has come into my life. A few days ago it was absolutely gorgeous out. When it is nicer out it lifts everyone’s mood and brightens up everyone’s day. Spring makes everyone want to run outside and enjoy it. When your outside and seeing all this you want to document it and take photographs and share how great the world is around you.

This is a photo that I took of my friend taking a picture of the springtime beauty.

Spring in Utah is here!

Submitted by Sydney1050 on Fri, 2010-04-16 12:02.

Spring in Utah is here!

I love how this photograph

MaeveK's picture
Submitted by MaeveK on Fri, 2010-04-16 14:11.

I love how this photograph was edited but did not take away from the photo. It is amazing to see the similarites between your photograph and what NYC looks like right now. All over the city, yellow tulips are popping up. Great photo and idea!

I'm glad that spring is

CocoF's picture
Submitted by CocoF on Fri, 2010-04-16 13:09.

I'm glad that spring is here. Some days so far have been really nice, and some haven't been so nice. I think the atmosphere is better in spring. People generally tend to be happier and in a better mood.

I don't have any photos that really show how spring is coming, but recently I took some photos on a photography walk where I think just the atmosphere as well as the trees with leaves in the background show how it's spring and not winter.

I think this photo would have had a different feel and atmosphere if it had been taken in winter, especially with the trees in the background. If it had been in winter, the trees would be bare.

At this link you can

OliviaRo's picture
Submitted by OliviaRo on Fri, 2010-04-16 13:19.

At this link you can find a photograph by me at the start of the warm weather. I think that my picture is a representation of the end of winter, how we're going to grow from those fallen leaves into the warm weather with the great flowers that put everyone in a good mood. I think that the whole reason every loves spring, is because the warmth and beauty of it put's everyone in the greatest mood. One of the best things about this seasons, is the photo chances all around the city. I can't wait to see what everyone is able to take from this weather, and produce some great pictures!

Matt, I think Spring

Submitted by AlexandraB on Fri, 2010-04-16 13:12.

Matt,

I think Spring represents a time where we can all start fresh, and have a new start. That can be seen through our photography, where our eye can be "reborn." The photo I shows playground equipment, but represents looking into something a different way. Finding that path can be seen through the lense, but the opnion is always personal.

Lexi

Matt- Your photo is

KelseaW's picture
Submitted by KelseaW on Fri, 2010-04-16 13:17.

Matt-

Your photo is great! I love the abstract aspect of it. Spring time is a very joyful time in New York City. Everyone gets excited for the warmth, and summer is just around the corner.

This photo was taken in John Jay Park, in the spring time !

Matt- Your photo is

KelseaW's picture

Matt-

Spring is full of new

Submitted by CarmenM on Fri, 2010-04-16 13:18.

Spring is full of new beginnings as the life of the plants all over the city finally start to bloom. But in addition to all of the sun, there is also some rain. This rain darkens the dark colors in the world and at the same time, it makes those vibrant colors stand out more. The light colors pop against the damp, dark background of

~Carmen

Spring is a beautiful time

ClaudiaF's picture
Submitted by ClaudiaF on Fri, 2010-04-16 13:19.

Spring is a beautiful time because we can see the new flowers blooming and the weather getting warmer.  In my photo, taken on one of the photo walks, it includes a light blue sky contrasting with the dark colors of the buildings and trees.  In the corner we see the sun coming out from behind the trees.  I thought that this really reflected Spring in New York City because it shows how the warmer weather is coming and the seasons are transitioning.  Spring is a time where its not yet very hot but not cold, its right in the middle, just like the sun in this photo.  I thought that overall this photo really reflected Spring because it showed the transition of Spring within the sun.

I love the idea that you

NedaM's picture
Submitted by NedaM on Fri, 2010-04-16 13:20.

I love the idea that you had to start this discussion! Everybody seems so happy that the days have become longer and the sun has been released from it's shell. I read through your post and the responses that you have gotten and I pretty much agree with everything that everybody else has to say. I'm so happy that it's finally Spring! The flowers are blooming and I can take more photos now! (My theme is flowers.)

I'm so excited for the Spring and the sun and what is yet to come!

Matt, I really enjoy the

AlexandriaT's picture
Submitted by AlexandriaT on Fri, 2010-04-16 13:34.

Matt,

I really enjoy the idea that you decided to create a post on spring. I liked the warm weather last week too and I think that it really did provide the perfect scenery for photography. My topic being nature, spring and summer are some of the best times to take pictures as there is an endless amount of flowers and other things to take pictures of. This is a picture of mine that I took recently during the warm weather. This picture really inspired me in terms of what I want to get done with this beautiful weather and how it might affect the quality and development of my topic throughout the rest of the year and in the future.

Alexandria T.

Hi Matt, Thank you for the

MatthewB's picture
Submitted by MatthewB on Fri, 2010-04-16 13:53.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the very good post. I also enjoy the spring time a lot and it is my favorite time of the year. I also think that spring produces the best pictures that are present the whole year round. I have taken many pictures on our photo walks and i also have taken many outside of the walks. This post has really made me think about how to decide on what is a good spring picture or a bad one, It also has inspired me to look outside of the box and take the best picture that there possibly can be with the surroundings that I am giving. I really enjoyed reading your post and i really can't wait until the weather stays at a high temperature constant so that i can take more pictures.

Thanks, Matt. B

Spring has finally come and

AishaN's picture
Submitted by AishaN on Fri, 2010-04-16 13:54.

Spring has finally come and new things are all oiver the place. Flowers are blooming birds are chirping and the sun is shinning. In our digital photography class we have been going on photo walks and taking pictures of  signs of spring. During these walks we have seen things such as pretty tulpis and dafadils along with beautiful buds on the trees.

This picture was taken on one of the walks and it is one of my favorite spring pictures. It shows the beautiful pink flowers on a tree in the middle of the park. These are on of the first signs of spring and I will continue to capture more as the season progresses.

As I was looking at everyone eles's comments I have seen a lot of cool flowers. My favorites were the ones with flowers and buds, also with the ones of the sun. They are all so beautiful and I hope everyone continues to post new work, sharing their spring experience.

Matt, Your discussion was

DinaP's picture
Submitted by DinaP on Sat, 2010-04-17 16:43.

Matt,

Your discussion was put up at a perfect time! There were a few days out of each week starting on the 9th that you posted this dicussion, that were almost like summer! It was definitely an appreciated weather and much wanted after a cold and rainy winter. Sadly, with spring comes a lot of rain as we have been experiencing these past couple of days but the weather on the good days is beautiful. Whenever I am out walking about the city with the beautiful weather, I notice how much happier people seem to be and how they all scramble for a little bit of that bright sun because we are not sure if this weather is here to stay but as you said hopefully it is. Besides the people getting out more, everything else seems to be in bloom throughout the city! All the flowers are coming out, trees regaining their leaves and color everywhere. Since it is gettting warmer that calls for more treats such as ice cream or frozen yogurt which is always delicious. Overall, I am really happy and excited that spring is finally appearing and seems to be here to stay and I look forward to all the good weather and sun coming up this month! thanks

Well you know what people

JocelinG's picture
Submitted by JocelinG on Sun, 2010-04-18 16:24.

Well you know what people say: the colder the winter the hotter the summer. (This is happening because of the global warming monster.) Hopfully it won't be too hot this summer because I want to enjoy my summer not die of heat waves. This spring is starting off weird because, like you said, a few weeks ago it was aroung 85 degrees now its down to 55 degrees.- The ground hog did say that we should be getting 6 more weeks of winter and it will take time for the weather to change into spring/ summer weather. However, its passed more than 6 weeks, it passed nearly 12 weeks since ground hogs day.

Here comes the sun! You

ThomasD's picture
Submitted by ThomasD on Mon, 2010-04-19 09:58.

Here comes the sun! You are definitely correct. Along with spring comes a new and healthy vibe.  This lively vibe is brought through the sun, which reflects on all outdoor objects.  Even if a photo does not capture the sun directly, you can still see it on the water or shining on a building.  You can even see it in the most obvious place, the trees and the grass.  Spring helps to bring to life a picture.  Spring gives the picture a sense of life and good health.  

Finally spring has

Submitted by liamm on Mon, 2010-04-19 22:23.

Finally spring has arrived!

This time of the year is very delightful because of the beautiful weather and spring sports.  After a long and cold winter, the warmer temperatures are great.  Although i love spring, it is a reminder of the approaching finals and regents.  Now that we have reached mid april we only have less than two months before our test.  I chose the picture below because it showed the malnourished winter earth, with a bright green patch of grass growing.  The grass is a sign of spring and more importantly, the summer.

Thank goodness Spring is

amandac's picture
Submitted by amandac on Fri, 2010-04-23 11:01.

Thank goodness Spring is here. Im tired of the cold weather. I hope it will stay this way 2, so i can go 2 the beach!!!   :) :) :) <3

That's a really cool effect

Submitted by mintz242 on Mon, 2010-05-03 11:03.

That's a really cool effect made by the blurring on the edges. It really focuses the picture in a good natural way to make the viewer see the middle clearly. 

Your picture caught my

achan's picture
Submitted by achan on Tue, 2010-05-25 08:29.

Your picture caught my attention because of how bright and light colored it was. And the effects that you added made it look like we're seeing the sky through a bird's eye or something. Where did you take this picture? My guess is it was taken at Central Park? What program did you  use to add the effects onto the picture?

I also live in New York City. It's now the month of May and the weather has been off and on, unfortunately. It was 72 degrees yesterday and today it's 10 degrees higher. Tomorrow is 88 degrees..I hope the weather and temperature would stay constistant for once.