High School Drop Out Rate

by: nabill

Using Google timeline I have discovered that the subject of high school drop out’s are not nearly discussed as much as they used to be in the 1980’s to the 1990’s. This makes one lead to the assumption that dropping out is less popular now a days. This assumption is very inconcise, in fact we are still at an all time high of dropping out. 75 percent of jail inmates are high school drop outs. By the time drop outs reach adulthood, it is said that the cost society a estimate of 77 billion dollars a year.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=SUBUAAAAIBAJ&sjid=n40DAAAAIBAJ&pg=4...

Dear nabill: I was fascinated

type's picture
Submitted by type on Mon, 2011-09-26 13:08.

Dear nabill:

I was fascinated by your post, "High School Drop Out Rate," it was so informational and it presented some raw statistics.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "This makes one lead to the assumption that dropping out is less popular now a days." I think this is smart that you are adding your own personal opinion into the mix, adds to a good perspective.

Another sentence that I was fascinated by was: " By the time drop outs reach adulthood, it is said that the cost society a estimate of 77 billion dollars a year. " This stood out for me because it creates an image of the future that's more applicable to the statistics.

I agree with the fact that high school dropouts become less popular... It's interesting how this statistic has changed.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, you presented some interesting statistics and I can't wait to see you research some more topics. Keep it up!

Tyler Peterson

Dear nabill, I really liked

Submitted by CListon on Mon, 2011-09-26 15:56.

Dear nabill,

I really liked your post, "High School Drop Out Rate." I thought it was interesting how the discussion of high school drop outs has decreased recently, but the drop out rates have not. It is scary that people are not writing about the issue of high school drop out rates, but they are still at an all time high. One sentence you wrote that really stood out for me was "75 percent of jail inmates are high school drop outs." That is an interesting statistic that shows lowering the number of high school drop outs would lower crime in society. I feel like this shows schools need to be reformed to help high schoolers from dropping out of school. Thank you for writing about this topic, I thought it was really intersting.

Connor

Dear nabill: I was surprised

Submitted by Gallifrey on Tue, 2011-09-27 01:31.

Dear nabill:

I was surprised by your post, "High School Drop Out Rate," because although, I had heard about the drop out rate, you provided a number, which just helped put it in perspective. You also gave your own view, which I liked, since it means you took in what you read and used it.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "75 percent of jail inmates are high school drop outs." I think this is scary because education is important, and this helps support that by showing, that those who dropped out, had a high chance of being in jail.

Another sentence that I found interesting was: "...the subject of high school drop out’s are not nearly discussed as much as they used to be in the 1980’s to the 1990’s." This stood out for me because I personaly think, that if we don't put attention into some issues then people start to pay less attention(dropping out) and those that might drop out, might have the wrong image of it, due to little exposure.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you provided good information, and provided an idea to go along with it. So I look frward to looking for posts where you have put some thought into.

I Like your post , its true

krystalm's picture
Submitted by krystalm on Tue, 2011-10-04 11:12.

I Like your post , its true facts and is knowledge not a lot of people know, when they should. also this topic should be talked about more in this world and by you saying it isn't as talked about as it use to be way back when, just justifys how much corrupt is society can be. but you've taught me a thing or two by reading your post & i enjoyed it . :)