Honoring Odarri with Music

by: vmcbean

External video: 

This video can be found at the Internet Archive.

Omar

All the way back to 9th grade
Field across the street from the school where we played
I had a lot of trouble guarding you and it's easy to see why
Over 6 feet tall but your heart was sky high
Rex, I wish I was half of the man you were
Gentle giant off the field but on it? You were an animal
As for the Wolves man, our engine is still revvin'
Rest In Peace Rex, lord knows you catchin' touchdowns in heaven

Darwin

Odarri's the dude don't mess with him
He's just bringing the best in him
He's a soldier, a fighter, a man of action
Tougher than the green berrets and the red faction
You can't get him mad, he just brush you off
And you know he got a smile better than The Hoff
He's a great guy that's always on the scene
and he was winning more than charlie sheen

Onyeka

he was the ill dude
athletic and skilled too
tall as a statue
but i spit this rhyme with gratitude
that i even got to met him
no i wont forget him
cuz he was a man with alotta heart
coulda been friends for a long time but death did us part
but he battled with cancer
i still say it wasn't his time
wanna bring him back to life but that could be
crossing the line
so ima lay it down simple
disrespect and you'll get a bullet in your temple
cuz his legacy can never ever dwindle
it shall be read like an amazon kindle...

Ogo

Its been some time still,
Remember we used to chill
Breaking and waving man
You already know the deal.

Now I sit in my room
Think about the times we had
Try not to let it make me sad
Or make me mad.

Yeah, you were a warrior to me
Not only a friend dude but you were fa-mily.
I look up and pray that you in a better place
Now i just wait for the day comes when i get to see ya face.

Vincent
This is a little late to say
But imma say it anyway

Never knew your time
But I feel you left early
You never were a judge
Just did like a jury

Could quell the soul of the angered
And those in a fury
wishing you were here
But know your up there

While your not present
To God your a present
Who ever thought a death
Could feel like my life sentence

gift or a curse
you would still fight
something you did to the end
that's right

Miss you man
ain't no other way to say it
cut the rap here 
listen to the song that's playing

I cried when Ogo and Vincent

Submitted by Lcollier on Mon, 2011-06-06 09:39.

I cried when Ogo and Vincent started to rap about Odarri in your video, "Honoring Odarri with music," touched me because I didnt know people was going to do this for him. I wasnt there and I really cared about him a lot, he will always be my friend. He was an amazing person who had an amazing heart.

Such a nice song.     

Submitted by JLin2 on Mon, 2011-06-06 11:41.

Such a nice song.      Nice rap...  

The rap took place in the

Submitted by khegedus on Mon, 2011-06-06 11:42.

The rap took place in the auditorium on Friday, during muster. Muster is where the whole school sits in the auditorium in the morning and listen to announcements and sometimes performances. The people during the rap were Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo and Vincent. "6ft tall, heart was sky high."

Hearing this quote just made me realize that you shouldn't judge someone based upon their looks, because Odarri was really tall, but he was very nice, and a gentle giant.

Another quote that stuck out to me from the rap was from Darwin:

"Worth more than Charlie Sheen."

Seeing this quote again, I see how much a life is worth and how precious life really is. It opens my eyes because this quote is saying that Odarri was just a normal person, unlike Charlie Sheen who is a celebrity, but still he was worth more than him because he had a heart of gold and a greater personality.

Another quote that surprised me was something that Onyeka said. This surprised me because it showed how protective he would be over Odarri if anyone disrespected him. It really shows how people stick together and stand up for each other.

"Disrespect and get a bullet through your temple."

It was sort of surprising that he would say that, but then at the same time, it shows how much he cares for Odarri.

Dear Kimberly, i was really

Submitted by bwatson on Wed, 2011-06-08 11:37.

Dear Kimberly,

i was really touched by what you wrote. i also agree with everything said. i agree because the rap was very inspirational and caring. i think they did a great job as well.

one sentene that you wrote that stood out to me was , "It really shows how people stick together and stand up for each other." i this is si so true and even though some can say it was unneeded and made no sense i showed alot of emotion and had a great impact on the audience.

another sentence that stood out to me was , " It opens my eyes because this quote is saying that Odarri was just a normal person, unlike Charlie Sheen who is a celebrity, but still he was worth more than him because he had a heart of gold and a greater personality." this stood out to me because , yes he wasent a celebrity but he was to us. he kinda was a super star and had a huge impact on all of our lives.

i do agree with everything you said and one reason i say this is because he was so important to all of us and you had a way to capture that.

thanks for your writing and i look forward to what you write next because you make good points.

Such a nice song.     

Submitted by JLin2 on Mon, 2011-06-06 11:43.

Such a nice song.      Nice rap...  

On Firday during Muster,

Submitted by jhegedus on Mon, 2011-06-06 11:43.

On Firday during Muster, which is where the whole school gathers in the auditorium for around ten minutes, kids from the school did a rap presentation in remembrance of Odarri. The people who performed this rap were Omar, Darwin, Ogo, Onyeka, and Vincent. Omar, who was the first one to start the rap had said

"You're six feet tall, but your heart was sky high." Hearing this made me realize that Odarri really was a great person. It doesn't matter who you are, as long as your heart is good which in turn makes you a good person as well.

Another quote that stuck out to me from the rap was the one said by Onyeka.: " now he battle with cancer, it wasn't his time.." Seeing this quote again, I see how a disease can affect a person along with their loved ones. It opens my eyes because this quote is saying that it wasn't his time to go yet. I believe he could have gone and done some really good things and had a bright future. There are teens out there who don't like their lives and do harmful things to their bodies while there are others who are just fighting to survive. I think it is ridiculous. Do you agree?

Another quote that surprised me was something Vincent said. This surprised me mecause it is really true. I think it was a genuine comment. It really shows that even if someone isn't on the earth living, they could still be considered helpful or a gift wherever they end up.

"now you're not present, to God you're a present."

I think this was a great way to remember Odarri and he will never be forgotten in our hearts and our community.

this took place at muster .

Submitted by bwatson on Mon, 2011-06-06 11:46.

this took place at muster . muster is a gathering we do everyday before school starts. we meet do the pledge and announments are made. we somtimes have performances and this was on of them. we honored a friend, a friend who has left us but most of all a legancy.one quote i found was said by ogo.

he said "he was family, a brother to all of us."

hearing this quote made me realize how no he wasent really family to all of us but he was apart ofour school family. he meant the world to everyone in this school. he was a kind and gentle person and really is gone way to soon.

another quote that stuck out to me was said by omar. he talked about his relationship with odarri.

he said " 6 ft tall but your heart was sky high."

seeing this quote , i see and begin to understand that he touched everyone with his kindness , from students to teachers. it opens my eyes to really see that we all should be like odarri and be as kind as possible. the way he would want us to be. now keep in mind we all cant be and soem situations you just cant be kind but odarri was the pure example of kindness and happiness.

another quote that surprised me was said by onyeka. this surprised me cause you would have never expected it and kind of came as a shock. it really showed me how much odarri really meant, to everyone.

he said " disrespect and get a bullet to your temple."

this topic is really important to all of us. it really touches our hearts and affects us cause he really was family. he really was a friend and now that hes gone to a better place, all we can really do is miss him and wish he was back with us.

R.I.P Odarri, your always be remembered.

Hey

Submitted by khegedus on Wed, 2011-06-08 11:23.

Dear Breanna,

I liked your post because it showed how much you really cared for Odarri, and that he was apart of our school family.

One sentence you wrote that stands out fro me is, "it opens my eyes to really see that we all should be like odarri and be as kind as possible." I think this is correct because people really should try and become more kind, because you never know what you have until its gone.

Another sentence that I found interesting was, "hearing this quote made me realize how no he wasent really family to all of us but he was apart ofour school family." This stood out for me because even though he wasnt actually apart of your family, he was apart of the east west family.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it shows how much you really care about the situation.

I enjoyed your comment and

Submitted by jhegedus on Wed, 2011-06-08 11:27.

I enjoyed your comment and agree a lot with it. I think that Odarri really shouldn't have died this young, especially since he had a lot going for him. One thing you wrote which stands out for me is "it opens my eyes to really see that we all should be like odarri and be as kind as possible. the way he would want us to be." I think that this is true. Odarri was very special and kind to people who he didn't even know. If people were like him, the world would be a better place.

Another sentence that I liked was "He was apart ofour school family. he meant the world to everyone in this school." I know that a lot of people knew Odarri in the school, even the middle schoolers. Kids from our school would go visit him in the hospital just because they wanted to make sure he was okay, even if they didn't know him that well.

this took place at muster .

Submitted by bwatson on Mon, 2011-06-06 11:48.

R.I.P Odarri, you will always be remembered.

This performance occured

Submitted by tparris on Mon, 2011-06-06 11:47.

This performance occured in the auditourium at muster time. All of East West was there. This was performed in honor of Odarri Lewis. All of the speakers were Odarri's classmated and close friends. They are : Omar Medjid, Darwin Pringle, Onyeka Morka, Ogo Morka, and Vincent McBean. Omar Medjid once said in this performance

"Over six feet tall, but your heart was sky high"

Hearing this quote just made me realize how could of a peron he really was. This line also show the viewers of this video the kind of person he was and how he was such a genuine person to everyone.

Another quote that stuck out to me from this performance at muster was said by Vincent McBean."

"Even though your not present, to God your a present"

Seeing this quote ahgasin, I see how much he is missed. It opens my eyes because this qupte is saying that though your not here, you are still being thought about and looked up too. I think it also means that no matter if your not physcially here, you are still within everyone's hearts.

Another quote that suprised me was something Ogo Morka said. This suprised me because I don't really understand what it means though it was a storng choice of words. It really shows the emotion and feelings each of these people have.

"So much determination though. Put the team on your back though"

Nice to have the rap appreciated

Submitted by vmcbean on Fri, 2011-06-10 08:43.

Dear Thomoya,

Thank-you you sharing what you think about the video it was nice to see that the rap that we did in memory of Odarri was appreciated. You took some of the best quotes from the rap, the ones that really showed what we were feeling. The last quote "So much determination though. Put the team on your back though" is from a football video of how a player went through the entire opposing team to score a touchdown. This was important to us because Odarri has done this literally and figuratively before.

r.r.c all day. ;0

Submitted by sperez on Mon, 2011-06-06 11:48.

in muster on friday, 3 2011, we saw a preformance from the rap group r.r.c. they rapped about their memories of a close friend who had passed away due to cancer, odarri lewis. the rap was very nicely laid out and spoke of how we remember or can remember a good friend after a passing.

This rap im sad i was not able to be apart of. but i gave my best hope,love,and gratitude that you guys were able to perform such a great and moving rap.  Odarri would be proud and i bet anything hes smiling down from heaven.

this rap had very good lyrics. they spoke from the heart of a true friend who left his mark. i am very proud to call myself a memeber of the r.r.c after my boys did such a great job representing odarris legacy and what r.r.c is about. what we stand for and how we will rise. great show and dedication.

when omar said" over 6 ft tall but his heart was sky high" i felt as if in this song we caught the perfect image of how great odarri was. omar, in only a few words, told what odarri stood for, along with the rest of the memebers of r.r.c.

when onyeka said" his legacy will never ever dwindle, youll be able to read it on an amazon kindle", this left a good note on everyone. it showed us that we can appreciate odarri's legacy through many forms, such as this rap.

overall this rap made me feel that we, as east west, are a big family in time of need.

R.R.C. All day Sara

Submitted by vmcbean on Fri, 2011-06-10 08:50.

R.R.C. All day Sara

This was the hardest rap I have ever written. Trying to sum up someone who did so much in a couple of lines isn't easy, but I speak for all of us when I say that we are happy that people could understand what an impact he had on our lives. And you still have the opportunity to write a rap to this, because it needs to be recorded again.

Odarri Lewis

Submitted by aqasemi on Mon, 2011-06-06 12:25.

Wow I never knew they did this for Odarri at school on Friday I wasn;t aware of this. I reallly loved the rap because of they reallly said things about Odarri specially on one quote I really liked was "6feet tall but your heart in the skies". It touched it and stood out the most of who he was and everything abt Odarri. Thanks Ogo, Omar, Darwin, and Onyeka for this.. It was special for him and remembering our old friend who's not with us anymore. Rest In Peace Odarri Lewis. We alll love you<3

Odarri

Submitted by jcheng9 on Mon, 2011-06-06 12:30.

This took place in muster on last Friday, June 3. The audience was students in teh school EWSIS awaitng for their daily muster actvities. They came for announcements and the rap R.R.C. made in honor of Oddari Lewis. I was not there because I was unaware of the performance and I usually start my classes at 1st period, the next epriod after muster and 0 period.One quote fromn the performance is by Omar.

"6 feet tall, heart was sky high."

Hearing this quote made me realize how caring and nice Oddari was. This also made me realize how tall Odarri was. This was said when Omar began the whole rap. This also reminded me of how Odarri helped me when I had my down moments.

Another quote that stuck out to me from the performance was a quote by Darwin.

"A soldier, a fighter."

This quote reminded me of how Odarri was struggling with cancer the whole time. Cancer is a pretty scary thing because anyone cna get it at any time. If you are unlucky, you would have a long way to go wit trying to take down cancer.

Another qupte that surprised me was something Onyeka said. This surprised me because it shows me how much people respect him and how much people want to presevre his image. It really shows that people respect him for his actions and how kind he was to everyone.

"A bullet in your temple"

I had a chance to witness Odarri's kindness. One time in chemistry, he was the only one to help me while my whole group ditched me. Even though he was in a different group, he lended me a hand and helped me get back up on my feet.

My Reaction

Submitted by rgoodman on Mon, 2011-06-06 12:31.

I was not aware that they have done this performance for Odarri Lewis on Friday but it was pretty good. I think that it was a great idea for the students to collaberate with one another in honor of another student.

good job

Submitted by ycheng on Mon, 2011-06-06 12:32.

good job

In Remembrance

Submitted by vperez on Mon, 2011-06-06 12:32.

On Friday, the third of June, a group of students performed at my school in rememberance of Odarri. The group consisted of Omar , Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent. It was heartbreaking in a way. One of the group spoke of Odarri calling him a "...friend for a long time." It made me think. We have all these close relationships. We never want to lose them. We never will. We keep these important people with us. Odarri is always in the hearts and minds of his loved ones.

Well, on friday, this

Submitted by chumala on Mon, 2011-06-06 12:34.

Well, on friday, this performance that the students did happened in our auditorium stage that is inside the IS237's school. Mainly all the teachers, the principle and the students were there- basically this was for the guy named Odarri who died. Of course, I was one of those people because like I mentioned, all the students were there. There were 4 kids who were on stage named, omar, darwin, onyeka and ogo and they sang something to honor the poor kid.

Something that Darwin(?) said was "He was a soldier, a fighter a mad of passion." (did I hear this right?) hearing the quote made me realize that many people really liked him. Althought I have no idea who he was, he seemed like a really nice person, being that everyone was crying. I actually felt sad about him dying and all. It's a nice thing how those people cared about him so much as to write him a song. yeah.

wow

Submitted by dmcclammy on Mon, 2011-06-06 12:34.

this is very touching .

Memory

Submitted by XLiu2 on Mon, 2011-06-06 12:36.

The rap took place on last friday in auditorium during the master in East-West.The perfromance was in memory of Odarri who was once lived among us and now live on the bottom of our hearts.There were five students performing on the stage;they were Omar,Darwin,Onyeka,Ogo and Vincent..It was a really a moving performance.

"Now you are not present,to god you are a present."

Hearing this quote just made me feel sad because we lost a family forever.But we believed that he still live in another way.

thank-you for responding to

Submitted by vmcbean on Fri, 2011-06-10 08:58.

thank-you for responding to this post, we truly did lose a member of the family, but he will forever be remembered

Good Game

Submitted by ykudo on Mon, 2011-06-06 13:06.

Good Game

This took place...

Submitted by kpittman on Mon, 2011-06-06 13:13.

This presentation took place in our school's audiotorium. The whole school was the audience. The presenters are named Omar, Onyeka, Darwin, Ogo, and Vincent. "Disrespect him get a bullet in your temple."

Hearing this quote made me realize that they are very passionate about their rap and that Odarri meant alot to them.

My comments on "Honoring Odarri with Music"

Submitted by cyip on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:12.

This took place on Friday June 3 during my school's muster. I was there when they did this performance. In the morning, most of the school was there. The people who sang was this group called RRC. Members of the RRC are Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent (Mc Bean).

One quote that stood out for me was "He was family, a brother to all of us". This was said by Ogo.

This stood out to me because it shows how much he meant to other people,

Another quote that stood out was "While your not present, To God your a present". Seeing this quote again, I see how people thought of him. It opens my eyes because this quote is saying that he was a great person and that God would love him.

One last quote that stood out was "A solider, a fighter". This quote surprised me because it reminded me of his battle with cancer. This stood out to me the most when I heard it. It really shows that he fought for his life when he got cancer. He probably was somebody who would defend or help somebody if they were in trouble.

This was a really good thing to do for a friend that you have lost. He would have liked it.

Good Lyrics

Submitted by dwolff on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:01.

On Friday, June 3rd, a rap group named R.R.C. performed a song in muster to remember Odarri Lewis, a student who recently died of cancer at East-West. The rap group consist of Darwin,Omar, Ogo, Onyeka, and Vincent. They rapped over the beat used in the popular song Ashton Martin Music by Rick Ross ft. Chrissete Michele and Drake. It was a very nice rap and a great way to remember Odarri.

At the beginning of the performance, Ogo introduces the group and tells us why they are doing this song. He says "He was family. He was a brother to all of us." This shows my how much love the student body had for Odarri and how much he was appreciated among them. It shows that they were really close to him and treated him like he was their own family. It sets a great example of how a friendship should be.

During Omar's bars in the rap, he says "Six feet tall, but your heart was sky high." It shows me that Odarri was a great person and had a great heart. He must've been a very nice and loving person. It also shows me the high regards Omar held him in. It is beautiful lyric, and a great way to showcase someone's personality and character.

During Vincent's bars in the rap, he says, "Who ever thought a death could feel like my life sentence." This showed me how much Odarri's death impacted Vincent's life. It's something that he will remember for the rest of his life and it will always bring him great sadness. It shows how deeply he cared for Odarri. I hope that Vincent will eventually be able to let go of the sadness because it's not healthy for him or the people around him.

Their performance showed me how great of a person Odarri Lewis was and how much he was loved. I'm sure everyone will miss him a lot. The song's lyrics were great and well thought out. Their rhyming and timing abilities were also great and I think R.R.C. should continue as a rap group. I hope to hear more from them in the near future.

This took place on Friday,

Submitted by tlee on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:14.

This took place on Friday, June 3rd, in the auditorium. The audience were 6-12 graders at the East West School of International Studies. This performance was dediacted to Odarri Lewis who died of cancer. This group who made this rap is called R.R.C. The members are Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent. One of the quotes that was said, was "a soldier, a fighter, a man with action." 

Hearing this quote just made me realize that Odarri was a very strong and brave person. Who had a very strong heart and doesn't like to let people down.

Another quote that stuck out to me from this performance was when ogo said "Yeah, you were a warrior to me."

On Friday, June 3rd in the

Submitted by jmyers on Mon, 2011-06-06 13:20.

On Friday, June 3rd in the auditorium five guys preformed a rap to honor Odarri Lewis. The four guys were Omar, Darwin, Onyeka,Ogo and Vincent. The student body was in the audience listening. During the preformance Darwin  said "He was a soldier ,fighter".

"He was a man with alot of heart" Onyeka also said this during the preformance . Hearing this quote just made me realize what type of a person he was since i barely knew him. It shows me how others felt about him and how he was caring.

Another quote that stuck to me from the event was from Vincent "Miss you man:". He said it during the end since he was the last to speak. this quote shows me how he impacted the people around him. That he was such a good friend that that people will actually miss him. it shows me that he had strong relationships with people.

._.

Submitted by tmiyamoto on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:09.

On Friday, there was this "performance." It took place in the auditorium in the auditorium in the 237-East-West campus. It occured on June 3rd. It was basically about these guys rapping about this senior who had died previously a few weeks ago. The audience was basically the whole school. I don't know why they did it, but 5 high school students performed, and I was there just because I was going to school. One of the quotes was from Ogo and it was:

"He was family. He was a brother to all of us."

Hearing this quote made me realize that we really are family. Since East-West is small, we have a bigger potential to become to a family. This is just another advantage of being a small school.

Another quote that stuck out to me from this event was from Darwin, and it was:

"He's a soldier, a fighter, a man of action."

Seing this quote again, I see how even if I don't really know who Odarri was, the quote probably is true and fits who he is. It opens my eyes because this quote is saying that he was a great and special person. Now, keeping this in mind, do you agree with the fact that Odarri was a great person?

Another quote that surprised me was something Oneyka said. This surprised me because so much figurative language was being used. It really shows that Odarri was a great person.

"so ima lay it down simple
cuz his legacy can never ever dwindle
it shall be read like an amazon kindle..."

This rap is awesome.

Reaction To The Song~~

Submitted by jyu on Tue, 2011-06-07 12:51.

The song they sang took place in the auditorium on Friday, June 3rd. The people in the audience were all the students who go to East-West. They sang because they want to honor Odarri Lewis, a student of East-West who died from cancer. The people who sang were Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent McBean.

One quote that Ogo said was: "Yeah, you were a warrior to me. Not only a friend dude but you were fa-mily." 

Hearing this quote made me realize that everybody loved Odarri and he was important to everyone. This quote also shows that Odarri was like a loving brother and eveyrbody cared for him. If I ever meet him and knew what kind of a person he was, I think he would also be like a brother to me.

Another quote that stuck out to me from the song "RRC" sang was what Darwin said: "He's a soldier, a fighter, a man of action."

Seeing this quote again, I see how strong Odarri was. It opens my eyes because this quote is saying that he is strong and that he would fight anything that's in his way. He would try hard and never give up until he wins. Now keeping this in mind, don't you agree?

Another quote that surprised me was something Omar said. This surprised me because Odarri was someone who was very tall and everybody looked up to him. It really shows even though he is very tall, he is a nice and kind man.

"Rex, I wish I was half of the man you were".

Odarri was a great man even though I never knew him. I hope he gets reincarnated and become a great man again~!

Great Rap!!!

Submitted by sbhardwaj on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:06.

This song/rap was preformed in the school auditorium at 7:55-8:10 a.m. in the morning. All of East West was watching them. The middle schoolers (6th-8th graders) and all of high school (9th-12th grade) were watching them do a wonderful job. I went to go watch because it was manditory for us to go to the morning announcements.So the sang the rap during muster (announcements). They 5 guys that were performing were, Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent. Omar one our 12th graders said:

"Over 6 feet tall but your heart was sky high"

Something that Onykea said was "... disrespect and you'll get a bullet in your temple ..."

Hearing this quote jusst made me realize that all of Odarri's friends love him alot and they really really miss him. This quoter shows how much they cared about him. And they are ready to do anything to anyone that says or disrespect Odarri.

Another qutoe that stuck out to me from this rap was when Darwin said:

"He's a soldier, a fighter, a man of action"

Seeing this quote again, I see how Odarri was a strong and confidant guy. It opens my eyes because th9is quote is saying that odarri is a great guy.

Another quote that surprised me was something Ogo our school vice president said. This surpirised me because he said them, and really ment them. It really shows that he cares about Odarri.

"Not only a friend dude but you were fa-mily"

A quote that Vincent said stood out to me, because it had a lot of meaning to it.

"This is a little late to say, But imma say it anyway. Never knew your time. But I feel you left early. You never were a judge. Just did like a jury"

I really like the meaning of this quote. Because I kinda agree with it.

I like this rap!! You guys did a great job!!  

Smile

On Friday, a performance was

Submitted by wjin on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:14.

On Friday, a performance was done to honor Odarri. The group RRC, composed of Omar, Ogo, Darwin, Onyeka, and Vincent, sung a rap for Odarri. This was done in the autitorium on Friday, June 3rd.

"You're 6 feet tall, heart was sky high."

Hearing the quote made me realize that Oddari was a very kind person. I remember him helping me in Judo class on my throwing techniques. I also remember Odarri being very friendly and kind to everyone.

Another quote that stuck out to me from the rap was when Darwin said:

"And he was winning more than Charlie Sheen."'

Seeing the quote again, I see how it doesn't matter if Odarri was a celebrity or something like it. All it matters how great Odarri's personality was.

This is a performancce

Submitted by cwu on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:17.

This is a performancce to honor Odarri Lewis on Friday during muster. Muster is when everyone gathers in the auditorium every morning. The people in the performance is Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent. Odarri was a student in the East-West School of International Studies. He passed away recently and they wanted to honor him with this rap.

"I wish I was half the man you were"

Hearing this quote made me realize that Odarri was an amazing guy his friends respect him alot. This quote is really meaningful and I can see that odarri important to his friends.

On Friday, a performance was

Submitted by wjin on Mon, 2011-06-06 13:22.

Hearing the quote made me realize that Oddari was a very kind person. I remember him helping me in Judo class on my throwing techniques.

instrumental used

Submitted by vmcbean on Tue, 2011-06-07 08:36.
http://soundcloud.com/regalia-2/odarri-final-complete

This preformance took place

Submitted by jtorres on Tue, 2011-06-07 08:37.

This preformance took place in the ewsis auditorium. the whole school was in there in cluding staff. They were there for muster and the preformance. The speackers were omar darwin onyeka ogo vincent. They preformed a rap my personal favorite part was omars part because it was very meaning ful and deep in one pat he said "i wish i was half the man u were'' to me that mean s so much basically he was saying that he was such a great person that he wants to be at least half of what he was that shows deep love.

There was also partss of the rap mi didnt really like there was a part were onyeka said ''disrespect get a bullet in your temple'' i think that is kind disrespect full because were talking about some ones death and then your talking about cause some one else death and hert that doesnt make sence to me. but there was also parts of his rap that i enjoyed like when he said'' i wanna bring him back'' that basically the felling everyone has towerds the whole situation they just want him back because hes missed and he didnt deserve to leave this world this soon.

instrumental used

Submitted by vmcbean on Tue, 2011-06-07 08:37.

Tribute to Odarri

Submitted by vtse2 on Tue, 2011-06-07 08:43.

The tribute was made in the auditorium of school. The whole school was watching in the morning because it was right after the announcements. The people performing were Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent. 

"Disrespect, get a bullet in your temple," says Onyeka.

I think this is a little disrespectful itself, but I understood what he was trying to say. I think he should've changed the lyrics a little. It wouldn've have been that hard to just change it to something a little more appropriate.

Another quote is when Vincent said," I miss you man."

We all miss Odarri because he was a very great person. He was a very nice and respectful person. He tried to help others when they needed help as well.

Another quote is," So much determination though, put the team on your back though."

Ogo kind of just added this out of no where but I like this quote. They care for each other and they're a team so they'll watch each others' backs. This what quite enjoyable in my opinion, it was really interesting.

Odarri. The friend that is missed.

Submitted by jlin on Tue, 2011-06-07 08:48.

This happened during Muster. Muster is a time that is required to attend, but it's not counted as a grade. Muster is the biggest waste of time. This is one of the days that is not wastful. Dedicating a song to a dear friend that has passed on. On to a world that is better then ours. I went to see it because it's a requirment to attend muster, and it's about a friend that is worth to see.

Hearing this song quote just made me realize that Odarri is a part of everyone. Even if you known him for about a month. Odarri has always been a very special person. He is always caring for everyone around him.

Another quote that stuck out to me from this event was said by Vincent.:

"While your not present
To God your a present
Who ever thought a death
Could feel like my life sentence"

Seeing this quote says that Odarri is a gift from someone up there. He is a gift that isn't like other humans. Humans are the most evil kind of person in this world, but Odarri in this case is not one of them. He is different. He is a gift that is here to make you feel good about yourself. He's always there to help you when it's needed. He is always there for anyone.

Another quote that stood out to me is what Onyeka said. This surprised me because he says Odarri's life is something that should  be there for everyone to see. It's there for everyone to see how it goes. It shows that Odarri's life is something to be honored by our school pillars.

"so ima lay it down simple
cuz his legacy can never ever dwindle

This song is something that should be shared to everyone. To share them what kind of person Odarri is. This song should be shared to make other people jealous of not having Odarri as a friend or not known by him.

Odarri. The friend that is missed.

Submitted by jlin on Tue, 2011-06-07 08:49.

"While your not present
To God your a present
Who ever thought a death
Could feel like my life sentence"

"so ima lay it down simple
cuz his legacy can never ever dwindle

In the auditorium of East-

Submitted by ndaza on Tue, 2011-06-07 08:49.

In the auditorium of East- west school of international studies there was a presentation and a detication towards Odarri Lewis. In the group it was Omar, Darwiin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent they were rapping in memory of Odarri Lewis, in the audience it was basically all the students who go to East- West School of International Studies listening to the rapping, an cheering because it was a great idea to honor Odarri Lewis. 

There was part in the rapping which got my attention which Omar said explaining how Odarri is resting in peace and that he is heaven. Also some of the memories that he spent with some of his friends.

"I had a lot of trouble guarding you and it's easy to see why
Rest In Peace Rex, lord knows you catchin' touchdowns in heaven"

Hearing this quote just made me realize that life is too good to just not taking advantage of it. In the best way when some one passes away it's best just to remeber them for what they did good and not bad. Everything in life should be happiness and just trying to make the best of it.

This peformace took place at

Submitted by achohan on Tue, 2011-06-07 08:49.

This peformace took place at East West School Of International Studies. In the audience were middle to high school students followed by teachers and staff of the school. The performers Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent performed a seeries of rap for their classmate and friend Odarri Lewis.

"Now he battle with cancer, it wasn't his time" _Onyeka.

Onyeka describes what went on with his dear friend, and making aware to the audience that "it wasnt his time"

Response to replies

Submitted by vmcbean on Tue, 2011-06-07 08:51.

After doing the performance I'm glad to see that everyone enjoyed what RRC did. Reading these posts something that londel said stood out to me. "I cried when Ogo and Vincent started to rap about Odarri in your video" I felt that this was amazing because I never thought that this would cause people to be so emotional. I'm glad that it touched so mANY people

This was taking place in each

Submitted by Dtan on Tue, 2011-06-07 09:28.

This was taking place in each and everyones hearts,minds,and soul. The rap was so deep comeing out of the chest of people who knew him best. People in the audienece were the only one that was the closest to him. People felt the imprint that Odarri left behind like a wilderbeast running through the viens of the earth thats proably how everyone felt. The people that came up with this was close to all of us and odarri.When Vincent rap his lyrics

"Could quell the soul of the angered
And those in a fury
wishing you were here
But know your up there"

Hearing this quote just made me realize that we were all feeling angry. We did feel that fury it was already there since the time we found out that he was sick. It seem so overwhelming it just wasnt something that most people could handle.

Another quote that stuck out ot me from the song was when Ogo said

"Yeah, you were a warrior to me
Not only a friend dude but you were fa-mily."

Seeinng this quote again, I see how this goes back to what I said when I wrote that Odarri left an imprint like a wildbest running through the earth. It opens my eyes because this quopte is saying that he did not only fight his illness but he was so close to us like family. Now keeping this in mind, do you feel the same way. Was Odarri like a wilderbeast running through your viens.

Another quote that surprised me was something Darwin said. This is surprised me becuase it was like giving Odarri another view another side that we never seen. It really shows how people can go through so much with everything they got and be honor to as something more which he deserves.

"He's a soldier, a fighter, a man of action
Tougher than the green berrets and the red faction"

This is the last quote that blew my mind. Displying how other people see him just show who he really was. He was sick but, he fought it like a soldier, said from the quotes. We see it in him every time we remember him he was the best he was the one and only. Odarri we will forever miss.

I Liked It

Submitted by jchow on Tue, 2011-06-07 09:28.

A musical tribute to Odarri was presented to students and faculty here at Ewsis this past Friday. It was a cover of Rick Ross' song, Aston Martin Music. It was rapped upon by the members of R.R.C. (Regal Record Corporation), which includes Omar, Ogo, Vincent, Darwin, and Onyeka. The tribute was meant to imprint Odarri's life here at Ewsis forever. The following line is from one of Ogo's verses and it stood out for me.

"Think about the times we had, Try not to let it make me sad."

Hearing this quote made me reminisce about the time when Odarri was alive and kicking. He was very atheletic and enthusiastic. He was always optimistic and he was just a fun guy to be around with. The tribute to Odarri was surreal and although I wasn't actually there at the performance, the video made my skin tingle.

Another quote that stood out for me from the performance was from Omar:

"Over 6 feet tall but your heart was sky high."

Seeing this quote again, I realize that this was a great line and I thank Omar for coming up with it. It brings out a strong characteristic of Odarri and it showed Odarri's strong will to never give up. It opens my eyes because this quote is meaningful and powerful. Now keeping this in mind, I wonder if people would agree that Odarri impacted Ewsis the most. He was in all the school activities and he was involved with most of the students at Ewsis.

Another quote that suprised me was something Vincent said. This suprised me because he used the same word but with two different meanings. It really shows the creative minds of young rappers here in my own school.

"While you're not present, to god your a present."

Odarri will be missed. I would like to thank the students who contributed to the musical tribute and I hope it has imprinted the memories of Odarri into all of our hearts. As a graduating senior I would like to say that graduating with Odarri has made my senior year the most memorable. 

This was taking place in each

Submitted by Dtan on Tue, 2011-06-07 09:29.

"Could quell the soul of the angered
And those in a fury
wishing you were here
But know your up there"

"Yeah, you were a warrior to me

I Liked It

Submitted by jchow on Tue, 2011-06-07 09:29.

Memorable

Submitted by Dtoalongo on Tue, 2011-06-07 09:33.

On June 4, 2011 the RRC crew performed a rap in the auditorium. I wasn’t there to witness it but I saw the video and there were 5 students from East -West on stage. The whole school was there to see the performance that was done in honor of Odarri. The RRC crew was made up of Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent. Omar started the rap and there was something he said that caught my attention.
“Rest In Peace Rex, lord knows you catchin' touchdowns in heaven”
Hearing this quote just made me realize that Odarri was known for his athletic skills. When they talk about touchdowns they are talking about how good he was at playing football. It makes it seems that Odarri is in heaven watching them from above.
Another quote that stuck out to me from the performance was when Darwin described him as:
“He's a soldier, a fighter, a man of action”
Seeing this quote again, I see how much the guys admired him as a person. It opens my eyes because this quote is saying that Odarri was a guy who never gave up and work hard for everything. Now keeping this in mind, I think most people would agree with me that this really describes Odarri.
Another quote that surprised me was something Onyeka said. This surprised me because I think he went too far when he mentioned the temple. A temple is a sacred place so it shouldn’t have been used in this rap. It really shows how much they respect and honor Odarri, to the point that they made an extreme exaggeration.
“so ima lay it down simple
cuz his legacy can never ever dwindle
it shall be read like an amazon kindle.”
Overall I think that this was a good rap and that it was really nice of them to keep Odarri in their hearts. I was really touched by everything they said and I am sure this means a lot to Odarri.

Interesting rap there

Submitted by YShinohara on Tue, 2011-06-07 09:34.

On Friday, June 4 of 2011 there was a preformence from the RRC at the Auditorim of the East West School with a rap honoring Odarri.  The singers during this time were Omar, Darwin, Ogo, Oyneka, and Vincent.

There were a couple of verses in mind that I feel that it should be written, or more of have to be written.  One of them is were Oyneka sings "disrespect and you'll get a bullet in your temple".  I don't know why but a lot of people were commenting on this. 

On Friday, June 3rd 2011,

Submitted by tthomas on Tue, 2011-06-07 09:34.

On Friday, June 3rd 2011, five East West students did a special performance for a student who recently passed. It was held in the auditorium in the morning with students, other staff members and teachers as the audience. One quote that stood out for me was: “You can't get him mad, he just brush you off And you know he got a smile better than The Hoff”. It stood out for me because I remember Odarri and his sweet personality. He never got mad at anyone, and never let anything phase him, and even if it did he never showed it. That’s one thing I would never forget about him. Another quote that stood out for me was: “He's a great guy that's always on the scene and he was winning more than charlie sheen” This line stood our for me because it was a little humorous, but true. Odarri had a heart of a winner because nothing ever let him down even if he was wrong. He always had his head up and that’s a true winner.

A touching moment

Submitted by aostram on Wed, 2011-06-08 09:13.

In the East West auditorium, it started as usual with the majority of the school there.  Among them was the senior class of 2011, some for class, others who usually didn't show up there were also there but for a different reason.  Me, along with some of the high school knew what this was about when we saw Omar walk in.  We then saw Ogo, Onyenka, Vincent and Darwin go up towards the stage as well.  They then started the music and Omar started with "All the way back to 9th grade, Field across the street from the school where we played, I had a lot of trouble guarding you and it's easy to see why, Over 6 feet tall but your heart was sky high"

Hearing this quote made me realize that it didn't matter if he was taller than the majority of the school, he had one of the biggest hearts.  To me, this quote was eye opening because although I knew he had a good heart, I didn't realize that he had helped so many people. 

Another quote that stuck out to me was when Darwin said this in the second verse of the rap: "And you know he got a smile better than The Hoff, He's a great guy that's always on the scene, and he was winning more than Charlie Sheen"

Seeing this quote again made me think of all the times he helped out someone who needed it.  It made me open my eyes because this quote meant that he may have been humble, but he had one of the biggest hearts out there.  It didn't matter that he wasn't a celebrity, he showed us that the biggest celebrities may be the ones sitting next to you or the ones in your heart.  Now keeping this in mind, wouldnt you say the same thing after hearing this part of the rap?

Another quote that definitely surprised me was the verse that Onyenka had said: "so Ima lay it down simple, disrespect and you'll get a bullet in your temple, cuz his legacy can never ever dwindle, it shall be read like an amazon kindle..."  This surprised me truly because although the football teams we have are a bit of rivals, I didn't truly know that the tenth grade had his back like that.  To me, it truly shows how deep friendship can go when you truly depend on it.  

Gift or a curse, you would still fight, something you did to the end, that's right
Miss you man
, ain't no other way to say it, cut the rap here, listen to the song that's playing

He truly had the biggest heart and Odarri will always be remembered no matter what.  He wants us to be strong for him and through the tears we had and will shed, we will be strong and take to heart what he left us with.

Odarri Lewis, A man of a wise heart.

Submitted by mshah on Tue, 2011-06-07 09:35.

This piece of music was done by Omar, Ogo, Darwin and Onyeka to honor a very strong man Odarri Lewis. It took place in East-west auditotium during the muster.

Darwin says:" He's a soldier, a fighter, a man of action Tougher than the green berrets and the red faction You can't get him mad, he just brush you off".

Hearing this quote made me realize that  thi quote really goes with Odarri's built body. He was really strong and tough in physical way. He had really big heart and always showed emotions for others. He would always give you a solution to your situation.

Amazing performance

Submitted by rvlas on Tue, 2011-06-07 09:36.

I was not there in the audience when the perfomance happened because i dont have 0 period so i don't go to muster but i saw your amazing video.  I think this is very nice and special what you did and  I admire you guyz for making this amazing performance honoring Odari.

I quote from Onyeka "disrespect and you'll get a bullet in your temple" this is really nice because it really shows how much people respect him and comparing it with trying to disrespect him and you will get a bullet to your head is nice comparison of what people will do to those who disrespect him.

Another quote that stood out for me is from Vincent "Could quell the soul of the angered" this is so true , he always reasoned with people without ever getting angry and was not judgemental of anyone he was always able to calm people.

Tank you for this writing and must have been hard work reheasing and making that but it was worth it and I applaud you for it.

A touching moment

Submitted by aostram on Tue, 2011-06-07 09:36.

In the East West auditorium, it started as usual with the majority of the school there.  Among them was the senior class of 2011, some for class, others who usually didnt show up there were also there but for a different reason.  Me, along with some of the high school knew what this was about when we saw Omar walk in.  We then saw Ogo, Onyenka, Vincent and Darwin go up towards the stage as well.  they then statred the music and Omar started with "All the way back to 9th grade, Field across the street from the school where we played, I had a lot of trouble guarding you and it's easy to see why, Over 6 feet tall but your heart was sky high"

And you know he got a smile better than The Hoff, He's a great guy that's always on the scene, and he was winning more than Charlie Sheen"

Seeing this quote again made me think of all the times he helped out someone who needed it.  It made me open my eyesbecause this quote meant that he may have been humble, but he had one of the biggest hearts out there.  It didnt matter that he wasnt a celebrity, he showed us that the biggest celebrities may be the ones sitting next to you or the ones in your heart.  Now keeping this in mind, wouldnt you say the same thing after hearing this part of the rap?

he truly had the biggest heart and Odarri will always be remembered no matter what.  He wants us to be strong for him and through the tears we had and will shed, we will be strong and take to heart what he left us with.

Odarri Lewis, A man of a wise heart.

Submitted by mshah on Tue, 2011-06-07 09:37.

kewl

Submitted by kjacobs on Tue, 2011-06-07 11:46.

this was a really good rap and Im happy to be apart of RRC and everyone had lines that had very good meaning behind it.

Comment

Submitted by acheung on Tue, 2011-06-07 11:47.

On June 03, 2011 in the auditorium where muster is held, five brave gentlemens preformed a rap for our lost friend Odarri Lewis. The five brave gentlemens are Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent.

Omar said a interesting thing, he said "Over 6 feet tall but your heart was sky high."

Hearing this quote made me realize, Odarri resembles the BFG. BFG stands for the big friendly gaint where Odari was tall but he was really nice and friendly.

Vincent said, "While you are not present, to god you are a present", means he is truly a great person to be liked by God. Seeing this quote again makes me feel proud to even know the great man Odarri Lewis.

I wish I can see him again and thank him for all the kindness he given to everyone and myself included. The Great Wall of China on the 405 hallway's closet are amazing. It takes a talented person to do this. Odarri is truly a splendid person.

Response to Video

Submitted by jgalindo on Tue, 2011-06-07 11:49.

In Muster on Friday June 3d Omar, Ogo, Onyeka, Vincent, and Darwin (members of "the crew") made a special presentation Honoring Odarri Lewis who recent passed away after a long battle with Cancer. RRC or "the Crew" made this presentation in the morning in fornt of everyone in the school so like them would honor Odarri and all the things hes done. Muster is a moring meeting in which teachers, students, and staff make announcements. Occasionally students make presentations to the whole school, on friday june 3d 'The Crew" did the same.

Hearing this rap just brought

Submitted by crodriguez on Tue, 2011-06-07 11:49.

Hearing this rap just brought me to the memories of last year when I first came here. The quote that stood out most was "Gentle giant off the field but on it" because, no matter what he always tried to help me. I owe him a lot for his help. You guys The Crew are awesome people! I'm sorry I wasn't there on Friday to see the performance.

.

Submitted by mmueller on Tue, 2011-06-07 11:52.

The rapwas in the auditorium. It was at muster, so all of East-West was there. They came because they had to. There were five speakers: Darwin, Ogo, Omar, Onyeka, and Vincent. In the beginning,Omar said :

"6 feet tall,but your heart was shy high."

Hearing this quote made me realize that he affected everybody. And all in different ways.

This presentation made by 5

Submitted by jhu on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:14.

This presentation made by 5 guys took place on Friday in the auditorium during muster.

The crowd, audience was the school community. This presentation was to honor Odarri Lewis, a distinguished senior in our school, that had recently passed away from cancer. We all were there because it was muster and that's where we initially go to commence our school day. 

The people who sang this song were Vincent, Ogo, Onyeka, Omar, Darwin. One line that Onyeka said was "so ima lay it down simple, disrespect and you'll get a bullet in your temple."

Hearing this quote just made me realize that I shouldn't malign Odarri Lewis. This quote, personally, means that Onyeka really respects Odarri. Also this quote shows that he was a good person and incredibly nice. 

Another quote that struck out to me from this presentation was made by 

Nice song

Submitted by mchen on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:15.

The song takes places in East-West School of International Studies in Muster. The audience of the show was students that attend East-West school and the teachers that work there. The events is about Odarri's life before he past away. His friends honor him by making this song or rap to tell others about their great time with him. They come to share what they feel about Odarri and teach people about him. I went because I have to attend school that day. Then, Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, and Vincent perform on the stage. They started sing the song they made that's full of memories they have with Odarri. The quote "Yeah, you were a warrior to me
Now i just wait for the day comes when i get to see ya face," tell me how much they miss Odarri and his friends treated him like a family member.

"He was the ill dude
athletic and skilled too
tall as a statue
but i spit this rhyme with gratitude
that i even got to met him
no i wont forget him
cuz he was a man with alotta heart
but he battled with cancer
i still say it wasn't his time
crossing the line
so ima lay it down simple
cuz his legacy can never ever dwindle

Hearing this quote just made me realize that Odarri must have went through many things. I felt made for him because he have to went through a lot of pains and he have to fight against the cancer. I'm glad he's not in pain anymore.

Another quote that stuck out for me from the show was when Ogo sing her solo alost at the end of the show.

"Its been some time still,
Remember we used to chill
Breaking and waving man

You already know the deal. 

Now I sit in my room
Think about the times we had
Try not to let it make me sad
Or make me mad." 

Seeing this quote again, I see how much Ogo misses Odarri. It opens

me that Odarri is a very great friend to his friends because if he's not a great friend then what makes his friends turn so sad and did so much things to honor him. Don't you agree with me?

Odarri

Submitted by jwang on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:16.

This momentous event took place at 7:50 am during school hours during a session called Muster. This heart warming presentation was a tribute to many high schooler's friend, Odarri. The tribute was a song sang by five male high schoolers named, Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo and Vincent known as RRC. the occurence of this was unexpected for me so there isn't a actual reason why I attended it, but I knew it was a moment to give respect to this man, Odarri."Gentle giant off the field but on it? You were an animal" -Omar.

"Rex, I wish I was half of the man you were" -Omar

This quote made me realize how great this Odarri character was to his peers. That

Odarri

Submitted by jwang on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:17.

Nice rap

Submitted by rlam on Tue, 2011-06-07 13:17.

I think you got a nice rap there, but I didn't hear the first part of Vincent's rap, is it because everyone was clapping?

songs for Odarris

Submitted by pdass on Tue, 2011-06-07 15:58.

There was presentation of music in the school auditorium. After the death of Odarri Lewis, East West school and the friends of Odarri wanted to do something that will remember him and also honor him. The people who came either knew him or they didn’t and they wanted to know him. I wasn't there to honor Odarri but I wish I wish I had been there. There was a rap song sung by Omar,Vincent and Ogo from the 12th grade, Oneyka and Darwin from the 10 th grade as Ogo said:

“Yeah, you were a warrior to me not only a friend dude but you were fa-mily."
“ rest in peace rex , lord knows you catching touchdowns in heaven”

Hearing this quote just made me realize that Rex was just more than a friend he was athletic and enjoyed every moment he spent. He was a wolves and always will be because he loved playing football he will play in heaven as well because he is still a wolf.

Another quote that stuck out to me from the rap song was:

“he was a great guy that’s always on the scene and he is winning more than charlie sheen”

This part was sung by Darwin and it just made me think how Odarri is being compared to Charlie Sheen. Even the famous people cant be compared to a person like Odarri. Odarri was full of energy and never thought negative, and that’s what made him.

Seeing this quote again make’s me want to be more like his personality. It opens my eyes because I see how Odarri always made a better movie and character in reality and not just in movies as Charlie Sheen. You will be lucky if you ever met him because he lit everyone's day up. Now knowing this type of person would you want to be his friend, because I thank God that he was a friend to me.

Another quote that surprised me was something Oneyeka said:

“no i wont forget him because he was the man with alotta heart could been Friend's for a long time but death did us apart”

This shows that if you ever were his friend you would know how great and kind he was. Next time when you think about Odarri think about how precious friends are and don’t wait too long to say. "Hey!" because life is shorter than you think it is, so live your life to the fullest extent.

This music for Odarri

Submitted by snakashima on Wed, 2011-06-08 08:52.

This music for Odarri happened in the school auditorium, unfortunately, I was not present to see this. The people who spoke out their lines are dedicated people who I can tell were very close friends to him. I felt that what they did should be respected, not many people would take time to do that for someone.

I liked Omar's presentation, he showed that he spent the first years of high school, all the way to the end with Odarri. I personally have known Odarri since the ninth grade, and Omar did a very good job dedicating his music to Odarri. The lines were very creative, like "Over 6 feet tall but your heart was sky high..." These lines were very true, Odarri was a towering young man, and he had a very kind personality.

I thought all the performances were creative and though about thoroughly, and I can't say one is better than the other. These students put a lot of time for this, and all of them were friends to Odarri. I liked what Vincent had to say as well, "Miss you man ain't no other way to say it..." I saw Vincent, he was very distraught when news about Odarri's passing was out. They all meant what they said, and that is what made the performance even more special.

Odarri's passing will not be forgotten by many. Personally, I've seen what kind of person he was, and he definitely deserved this kind of recognition. The performance was enjoyable, and it helped me think about what Odarri did in his life. An active person with a kind personality, it was good knowing him.

I was so honored to be a part

Submitted by omedjid on Wed, 2011-06-08 09:22.

I was so honored to be a part of this performance to honor a fallen friend.  The performance did not take very long to come up with.  Our lines were simple, yet they came from the heart.  I really loved going up there on stage knowing that Odarri was looking down at us.  Vincent, Ogo, Onyeka, Darwin and I were very proud to be up there.  Odarri was a great friend to all of us, and he will truly be missed. 

Post by Lee(Lin)Chan

Submitted by lchan on Wed, 2011-06-08 09:40.

This rapping/tribute to Odarri Lewis by Omar,Darwin,Onyecka,Oggo,and Vincent took place during Muster on Friday. I was not there at muster to see it since I never go to muster at all but I saw this tribute during English class.

I thought that this was a great tribute and respect to Odarri because it showed how much they really cared about him as a good friend and also family liike a brother.

"Over 6 ft tall but your heart was sky high" this quote described that Odarri was very tall but it did not compare the size of his heart, how nice and caring he was.

Another quote "Disrespect and you'll get a bullet in your temple" was from Onyecka, some people may have thought that quote was a little disrespectful but I did not really think it was that disrespectful, I actually that it was a little bit funny but overall I think he meant to defend Odarri from whoever would dare mock his death or laugh about it will not get away with it. So it was not really meant to disrespect others but to defend him from people that could maake insulting remarks about Odarri and it showed how much he cared about Odarri.

BEAUTIFUL

Submitted by yhe on Wed, 2011-06-08 11:32.

This rap is beautiful and original. It contains true honest feelings and a lot of love and pain. The lyrics were touching and deep. That is how everyone that knew him or heard of him feels. We appreciate the boys that put this together in memory of Odarri.

Dear Vincent, I really

Submitted by scouncil on Wed, 2011-06-08 11:34.

Dear Vincent, I really appreciate the way you, Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, and Ogo conveyed your feelings for Odarri. I'm sure a lot of students (especially seniors) and teachers could see that even though it was a difficult task, you wanted Odarri to know how important he was in the East-West community and in the hearts of his friends.

I remember the first time I met Odarri, it was during the orientation and I was going to be a new student at East-West. My family warmed up to him because he seemed like a very well-rounded person and had a nice personality. We were in the same clubs, Judo and Model UN, though I wish I could have seen more of him...He was always encouraging youg people, when I joined Model UN, I was clueless and wasn't looking forward to it that much, but he helped me understand how Model UN can help a student be aware of what's going on in the world.

I'm extremely upset that it was his time so early and I'd rather him be at peace than him suffering internally in his battle with cancer. Cancer takes too many lives, I learned that I should live life to the fullest because at any moment my life could be taken away. I can understand what you mean when you say, "Never knew your time, but I feel you left early...".

I can see, by reading your individual lyrics, that you all had close relationships with Odarri. Omar remembers whn he used to play basketball with Odarri, "Field across the street from the school where we played I had a lot of trouble guarding you and it's easy to see why Over 6 feet tall but your heart was sky high..."

Like Vincent said, "Miss you man ain't no other way to say it."

Miss you Odarri...

Submitted by scouncil on Wed, 2011-06-08 11:35.

I remember the first time I met Odarri, it was during the orientation and I was going to be a new student at East-West. My family warmed up to him because he seemed like a very well-rounded person and had a nice personality. We were in the same clubs, Judo and Model UN, though I wish I could have seen more of him...He was always encouraging young people, when I joined Model UN, I was clueless and wasn't looking forward to it that much, but he helped me understand how Model UN can help a student be aware of what's going on in the world.

BEAUTIFUL

Submitted by yhe on Wed, 2011-06-08 11:51.

Kat

Submitted by kgutierrez on Fri, 2011-06-10 12:40.

I was early to school on june third. 
Omar, Darwin, Onyeka, Ogo, Vincent went on stage,
they wrote a song for Odarri Lewis.

As i was listening to the song, their words seeked into my heart.

"While your not present
To God your a present
Who ever thought a death
Could feel like my life sentence" 

When i herd this verse, i allowed my tears to flow because these words are so powerful.
I know that Odarri Lewis will live on for ever. 

This event took place in the

Submitted by hrashid on Fri, 2011-06-10 12:40.

This event took place in the school auditorium, June 3 2011. It was rap in honor of the loss of a significant student, Odarri Lewis. I believe it was planned to make everyone in East-West realize the importance of what he contributed to the school and his close friends. It was to express how much we all miss him.

"wanna bring him back to life but that could be, crossing the line."

I really like this lyric because it expresses what everyone desires from Odarri; for him to return and let his bright presence relive in our school. But, even then, I believe he is still alive in the hearts of his close ones.

It was a wonderful presentation and it shows how much our students care about each other and consider each other nothing less than family. Thank you guys for presenting this to us.

rrc members

Submitted by omorka on Fri, 2011-06-10 12:41.

I want everyone to know who the other members of RRC are...its not just me, ogo, vincent, omar and darwin...we also have kaon, breanna, sara, nayquan, kori, richard, christian flores and james savino and thats it i think but thanks to everyone who commented... all members of rrc appreciate it and we hope more people will find more creative ways to honor odarri...

Odarri's song

Submitted by dguaman on Fri, 2011-06-10 12:41.

This took place in the auditorium. I'm not sure who sang because I wasne't there and this video is blurry. Most of the students from east west where there. but not the ones who come in for 1st period. We sadly missed it :( the name of the people who rapped where Ogo, Vincent, Onyeka, Omar, and Darwin. They each rapped.

"wanna bring him back to life but that could be
crossing the line"

Hearing this quote just made me realize that you can never truly appreciate what you have untill it's gone. It reminds me of the times I wished i could bring back my cousin who died with a while ago. It's very touching that they made a nice song honoring Odarri, I'm sure he would have loved it.

This event took place in the

Submitted by hrashid on Fri, 2011-06-10 12:41.