How can a book change my life?

I just started reading the book “the Omnivore’s Dilemma” by “Michael Pollan, and my first impression is how can this book change my life?

One question I have is how can this book make people lose weight? What I want the author to explain is how the book changes the way people think? This is important because he said the book has made people aware of how their food choices affect the environment and animals.

Another question I have is how is corn in everything we eat? The answer to this is probably that corn is hiding in ingredients in the food that we eat. I think I’ll be able to find out more by researching about things that is hiding in our food.

A third question i have is where our food comes from and how does it get to us? When I think more on this question, I begin to wonder if organic food or modified and synthetic food causes us to be sick or healthy.

I am looking forward to reading this book "The Omnivore Dilemma" because I will like to know if we eat food that is good for us can it make us resistant to diseases. I think genetics has something to do with it.