How do movies or television influence people’s behavior?

I think that although movies or TV programs have some good aspects, they affect people and society more negatively. Children who spend a lot of time watching television tend to get lower grades. In addition, violent movies or TV programs make our society more aggressive. Now, I will state these reasons to support my opinion.

Fisrt of all, I state the relationship between children and TV programs. According to some surveys, children who spend much time watching the TV at home tend to get lower grades at school. They prefer to watch their favorite programs to do their homeworks. In particular, today, many children have their own TV set in their bedrooms. Therefore, more and more, they tend to indulge in watching the TV. To bu sure, if there are many valuable programs, we will not drag their children away from the TV. However, because there are little educational programs, it is difficult for us to allow children to sit in front of the TV for a long time.

Secondly, I state about the bad aspect of influence that movies or TV programs give to society. Although there are a wider variety of programs today, some of them are a little more violent. These pragrams often make people more aggressive because many viewers tend to be influenced by media. In fact, they say that some crimes were committed by young men who were inspired due to watching violent movies in the past.

In conclusion, although movies or televions are necessary to our society, these entertainments often make our behavior more poorly or worse. I don’t think that we should exclude them from society entirely, but we have to be aware of these negative impacts carefully.

I agree completely with this

Submitted by Juliettefray on Tue, 2013-02-05 11:26.

I agree completely with this topic. I've noticed even from my little family members that the more video games and tv shows they watch the more influenced they are by them. I think every year the younger generation is changing so much by the media and people have to learn how to regulate the intake that kids are absorbing by the media.

I disagree that kids who

Submitted by lupitaavila on Tue, 2013-02-26 17:13.

I disagree that kids who watch too much tv get bad grades. I don't think that is true because those kids could have all their work done and use their extra time to watch tv. Watching tv doesn't lower grades. Usually when I know my favorite show is on I finish all my homework than i watch the show.

Creative Post

Submitted by roswes on Tue, 2013-04-16 14:13.

Dear Dato Lomtatidze

I am determined about your post, "How do movies and television influence people's behavior" because mostly teens and kids grow up with new technology and new games that have violent behavior that influence them to think that's ok to do later on in life. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "children who spend much time watching the TV at home tend to get lower grades at school. They prefer to watch their favorite programs to do their homework." I think this is surprising because children who spend time watching TV waste there time by being distracted and not doing their homework which bring down their grade in school sometimes children are too lazy to do their homework so other have to motivate them.

Another sentence that I had my eyes on was "they say that some crimes were committed by young men who were inspired due to watching violent movies in the past." This stood out for me because many children are belligerent because of the inspiring violent movies , television shows , and games later on in there lives they commute crimes because they believe taking revenge or just doing what they feel like it's right like there no cause behind something wrong. I do extremely agree with you that movies and television shows influence a lot of effect on children in the 20th century. One reason I say this is because there are a lot of research shown that children take action in violence because of new technology. Another reason I agree with you is because these programs often make people more aggressive because many viewers tend to be influenced by media.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your post had an effect on how I see things as a teen myself growing up with violent video games, tv shows, and movies shows research on how many teens were affected by committing crimes and growing up turning belligerent to others.

tv takes over, imagination once ruled the nation

Submitted by ortsha on Thu, 2013-05-09 12:44.

Coming across your post “How do movies or television influence people’s behavior?”. I do agree that some kids “ prefer to watch their favorite programs to do their homework’’ as you stated. This shows that schools lack interest to the child or they just want a break. But too much of something is always bad, and thats regarding to anything in this world. More than 2 hours of television I do infer can be a “ rot of someone’s brain”, as my ancestors would say. I read somewhere that I don't recall the article but I do recall the concept which was that long ago people had a much larger imagination. This was because they didn't have distractions like television. During the Elizabethan time Shakespeare was a very popular playwright. During his plays in the Globe people did not have scenery, but they had two things that could draw a beautiful picture for them. These two things were imagination, and vivid description. Long ago that was humanities way of passing time. Now technology has taken a lot away from reading,plays, and even poetry.I agree people do spend more time flicking through channels then reading a book. Even though television does have its beneficial values like; news,educational shows and etc. Those same things can be found in a form of literature. Newspapers, and educational books have not fallen into obsolete unless one lets it. Example can be when on the transportation people tend to have an iPod or be a phone bug, and then theres others (barely) that read.
Sincerely a girl that would rather watch the television while its off (I joke)

Nice ! :)

Submitted by sanfra on Tue, 2013-05-14 11:14.

David,

Lately my Spanish teacher has told us that the media is influencing the minds of people to commit violence. I strongly disagree that the “media” can influence someone to the point where the person will kill someone. A quote which stood out from your post, “How do movies or television influence people’s behavior.” was “These programs often make people more aggressive because many viewers tend to be influenced by media” I disagree with this, people seeing the ending of the television show the person will come to realization to what they are able to do. Another quote was “children who spend much time watching the TV at home tend to get lower grades at school.” This is inaccurate because television also has education channels available. I learned math and science from watch PBS kids shows as a child. Everyone is a different type of learner and a child can be a visual learner and needs to watch television. If television is so bad for children, why do teachers present videos to children during lessons? Thank you for writing, I look foward to seeing what you have to say since this is such a debatable topic, with multiple sides.

I agree that tv has an

Submitted by T on Mon, 2013-10-07 09:34.

I agree that tv has an influence on children, but I disagree
that it causes bad grades. I watch tv all the time and I still make straight a’s.  I also don’t think tv viloence has as big an
influence on crimes as you say. Anyone can say tv made me do it. Anybody with
common sense knows that the violence you see on tv is wrong and you shopuld
never do it. But then again, no one really uses common sense anymore.