How Does Teen Pregnancy Affect Students in High School?

by: ovasquez

My Topic is about teen pregnancy in the U.S, about how it affects teens who still go to high school. there are a lot of teens now a days especially who get pregnant at a young age. teens get pregnant before they hit 19 years old. As years pass less teens are getting pregnant, The rate for girls ages 15-19 dropped to 29.4 births per 1,000 last year from 31.3 per 1,000 in 2011. Al lot of teens try to prevent pregnancy but with the pressure of their partner they fall into it and have unprotected sex.

I am personally interested in this topic because teen pregnancy has always been a big issue , for me it is very easy to do this topic because i am experiencing teen pregnancy , i am a teen and i am pregnant . i think it would be the perfect topic for me because i can personally relate to this topic and i can also learn a lot of new information about this topic. i am personally interested in this topic because i know a lot of people who had experience teen pregnancy and those people can help me a lot with my information for my senior topic.

I found a lot of new information about my topic , in some ways reading new information made me feel sad and disappointed because of all the effects a teen mom can have, like a lot of teens not being able to finish school and graduate because of the baby, i found out all the effects that the baby itself can have due to the fact that her mother is a young mother, the baby can live a poor life if the mother is a single mother, the kid himself can go through the same being a teen mother or teen father,sons of mothers can most likely end up in prison, having a baby at a young age wont make him stay , it wont make your relationship better , it has been proven that 8 out of 10 mothers don't marry the father of their child, having a kid at a young age can mess up your teen years a lot, by not being able to enjoy your teens years and by not finishing high school. The United States has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the western industrialized world. i didn't know half of this. it made me kinda sad to know that i can go through these, but it encourage me to keep it up with my topic in some way it inspired me to keep researching more about my topic.

Some teens are being treated unfairly , some teens don't get all the help they need or all the support they need. Some teens don't get financial support from the fathers child or from their family , teens get harassed a lot, guys disrespect them in inappropriate ways, insult them sexually . i know because this has happen to me, guys says things that are very insulting and i don't think it is fair how women don't get treated fairly in respect just because they are pregnant at a young age, people make mistakes and things happen , that doesn't mean someone has to point out and insult them by what they know exactly what they have done. people don't know the story behind why it happen , they don't know what they go through so i don't think its fair that their are actually people out their who do this to pregnant teens and also to pregnant women, that is just not right and it really disrespectful .

People should care About this topic " Teen Pregnancy" because i think that it is very important for people to know how hard it is to go through a pregnancy at a young age and to know all the effects and good things about being pregnant at a young age , which most likely their is not any good things. It is important because i think people should try to help and support teens who are pregnant not economically but mentally be their for them, it is also important because people should know all the consequences of getting pregnant also to let them know about how they can be safe and to always be safe at all times when being sexually active.

Teen Pregnancy

Submitted by vpanameno on Tue, 2013-10-15 23:42.

It seems that you are interested in studying "Teen Pregnancy" because you have strong connection with your topic, you are also expecting. I think it is very brave of you to go out and search for the positives and also the negatives of what could be your future life. I believe nothing that you read should discourage you from being able to present this project in front of your peers. I know young women go through teen pregnancies, but how do you feel about the other options out there that include abortion and adoption? Were these on your mind? I think you should narrow your topic down to a certain class or area of young ladies that are going through teen pregnancy. How does being pregnant affect their education? How do what other girls feel their goals are differ from yours as a teen mother? are they similar? I do admire your resilience. Being young and pregnant will never be easy, I hope you can shine through your struggles and let it reflect on your senior project.

Teen pregnancy seems like a

Submitted by maguilar on Wed, 2013-10-16 00:08.

Teen pregnancy seems like a topic that is interesting to you. I like how you're not afraid of learning new information even if it's scary for you. It caught my attention when you said "in some ways reading new information made me feel sad and disappointed because of all the effects a teen mom can have, like a lot of teens not being able to finish school and graduate because of the baby" that's really tough knowing that's actually true. Education is a big factor in your life that needs to be accomplished if you want to provide for your baby. However, you'll be surrounded by the most important thing in your life which will be your baby.

I really admired how you said "I don't think it is fair how women don't get treated fairly in respect just because they are pregnant at a young age, people make mistakes and things happen , that doesn't mean someone has to point out and insult them by what they know exactly what they have done." This is very true. Everyone makes mistakes, pregnancy shouldn't be pointed out for as something to laugh about or make fun of. No one person should get disrespected at all in general. Just keep your head up high and ignore those you can't keep their negative words to themselves.

Other than that, I think you did a good job. Lots pf good information and the personal experience you offered for us readers to read. It took a lot of courage to be able to talk about your experiences. I think you're on the right track and have good sources.

\^_^/

Teen Pregnancy

isabel.bartholomew's picture
Submitted by isabel.bartholomew on Fri, 2013-11-15 18:46.

First of all, I just want to say, kudos to you for investigating a topic that's so personal to you. I think you're very brave.

Overall, rates of teen pregnancy have been dropping in recent years. It's a topic we should all be discussing more, because the more information teens have about sexual health and safe birth control methods, the better equipped they are to deal with daily life. I'm a member of Teen Council for Planned Parenthood and we teach these topics in middle schools (STIs, birth control, healthy relationships, etc.)

Here's a link to our site: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/utah/teen-council-40935.htm?__utma=1.1712630582.1337051071.1384012894.1384555500.9&__utmb=1.12.10.1384555500&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1384555500.9.4.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=78328980