How I plan to use blogs in my classroom

by: genac

In this section, you may mention ways that you plan to use blogs in your classroom.  Be sure to mention the level and subject you teach in your comments.

For my English 202 class

Submitted by Susan A on Mon, 2009-06-15 11:09.

For my English 202 class this would be a great alternative to reading journals. Instead of having students submit 100 word responses to assigned readings once a week, students would be able to ask questions of each other and share ideas in order to enrich their understanding of the material. This would benefit those who may be too shy to ask questions in class and those who are not awake enough to ask at 7:30 in the morning.

I would like to use blogs in

Submitted by Julie H on Mon, 2009-06-15 11:20.

I would like to use blogs in my classroom; however, I have a lot to learn before I am comfortable with them. Also, I am concerned about the availability of computers in my school to insure that all of my students are blogging. This is something I look forward to incorporating later.

Although I use my classroom

Submitted by Lisa L on Mon, 2009-06-15 11:26.

Although I use my classroom wikispace for book discussions with my students, I think a blog (this blogging Website in particular) is something that I may try for one of our books, or even with a short story or play. Unlike with wikispace, I like how students have the option to preview and edit their text within this format. Even though I monitor the discussions and require students to write in standard English, I still have problems with middle school students wanting to use digital writing they are so apt to use in e-mailing and texting. Great idea! Logging out now!

Lisa

I would love to use blogs in

Submitted by Allyson T on Mon, 2009-06-15 11:32.

I would love to use blogs in my classroom, but I am not sure that my second graders would be able to keep up with them. At this point, I plan to learn more about blogs and work on them to make myself feel more comfortable before I take that on as a class project.  I am really loving the exposure to blogs for uses other than social networking.  I love a good book, and I find it very interesting to hear others points of view on it.