I got shot in the butt with a paintball gun!

by: mguzman

It was Saturday morning, and my dad was waking me up so we could go paint my mother’s house.

We got on the highway and I told my dad that I was going to sleep.

When I woke up, we were at my brother’s house. I was thinking, "I’m at my brother’s house to do something," but we were actually there to pick up my brother.

We went to a park, park I had never been in before. I was surprised it was a paintball park. We all put our gear on and got ready to go play with other people.

The game started. I was in a good hiding spot. I thought I was in a good hiding spot until I got shot in the butt.

After it happened everyone was laughing out loud. I felt like a clown and my butt hurt like a donkey hit me.

I stopped playing for 10 minutes, but I got back in the game. Because Michael G. never gives up.

I learned how to put in ammo and reload a paintball gun and also I learned that even if I'm hurt, never give up.

:o ouch....................xP xD xD xD

lgonzalez's picture
Submitted by lgonzalez on Wed, 2014-11-12 14:58.

Dear mguzman,

I am surprised at your post " I got shot in the butt by a paintball gun!" because usually when someone gets shot in the ass with a paint ball, they're crying because it hurts too much!

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is : "The game started. I was in a good hiding spot. I thought I was in a good hiding spot until I got shot in the butt." Thats funny! You would think your hiding spot was pretty good, but then you got shot......OUCH!

Another sentence that I liked was," When I woke up, we were at my brother’s house. I was thinking, "I’m at my brother’s house to do something," but we were actually there to pick up my brother." that would've made anyone suspicious just realizing that they weren't going to help their mother or paint their mothers house but just picking up their brother.

Your post reminds me of when my friend Ramon went paintballing. He left with no bruises and came back with a bruise on his left thigh, his right cheek near his eye and on his ankles. That was the funniest day i have ever had, because I was the one laughing at him the entire time to the doctor to get them wrapped!!!!! How funny that was!!!!!!!!!!XD

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next. Maybe next time you wont get shot in the ass and maybe find a better hiding spot!?

Response

20uniar's picture
Submitted by 20uniar on Sat, 2015-04-25 19:39.

Dear Michael,

I really liked this story "I got shot in the butt with a paintball gun!" because it was very funny, but it also gave a very strong moral message. Even though you might have got shot in the butt and it hurt a lot, you never gave up and were determined to learn and keep on playing. I really liked this spirit of yours and would like to congratulate on such a great accomplishment.

One sentence that really stood out to me was, "..also I learned that even if I'm hurt, never give up." This is because just like you when I fail at something, I never give up, but keep going at my goal because when I lose or fail at something the fire inside of me builds up. This fire drives me to success and most of the time, this taste of revenge has kept me going.

Another sentence which made me laugh was when you said, " I felt like a clown and my butt hurt like a donkey hit me." This added humor to your story and made it very entertaining for me which made me want to read forward.

Thanks for your story and I hope to hear more stories like these in the future. Keep the good work up!

My Thoughts About Your Article

20wanga's picture
Submitted by 20wanga on Sun, 2015-04-26 14:46.

Dear Michael,

I enjoyed reading your post “I got shot in the butt with a paintball gun!” This is because it was able to provide an interesting and funny story while still providing a strong lesson for others who are reading the article.

For instance, two sentences that I found were fitting for this story was “We went to a park, park I had never been in before. I was surprised it was a paintball park.” This means that perhaps you were in shock that you were experiencing this event, so you will consider it rather unforgettable for a great amount of time.

Additionally, you then said,“After it happened everyone was laughing out loud. I felt like a clown and my butt hurt like a donkey hit me.” You probably had a lot of thoughts in your head after you got shot by the paintball, such as feeling like a clown, as you said. I think that this is normal for everybody after they are involved with something that may or may not be embarrassing for them. I also think that it’s intrinsic human nature for people to laugh at others mishaps. So, I think that if you felt embarrassed, you shouldn't have, and you should have just made it not a big deal.

However, you then said, “I stopped playing for 10 minutes, but I got back in the game. Because Michael G. never gives up.” I think that this is an extremely important lesson for everybody because it essentially shows everybody that it’s okay to make mistakes if you can learn from them, and that you should never give up under any circumstances. It seemed as if you were about to give up, but then you decided to get back in the game, and that shows a lot about you. It proves that you will do anything till the end, whether you succeed or don’t. I think that everybody should think like that, so I applaud you for getting back into the game.

You reminded me that no matter what mistakes you make, you should never give up. Thank you for writing!

Strong Moral Message

20mancham's picture
Submitted by 20mancham on Thu, 2015-04-30 06:05.

Dear Micheal,
I liked your story because it was funny in a sense. The story was comedic and it kept me laughing the whole time. But I also liked how there is a lesson to be learned from the story, which was to never give up, no matter what. I was amused by how the message was put into the story with a comedic vibe. So it is not just a useless laugh, but also an important one. I had a similar experience, where I had to race against another person. I was about to give up, but I did not. Defeat is not failing, it is giving up. However, while there was a strong moral message, the comedy kept me laughing for the most of my time, while reading your written article. I hope to see more of your written articles.

Strong Moral Message

20mancham's picture
Submitted by 20mancham on Thu, 2015-04-30 06:08.

Dear Micheal,

I enjoyed how humorous and

Submitted by Mackenziedaily on Sat, 2015-12-12 17:28.

I enjoyed how humorous and light hearted this was. I have read so many depressing things on here, and this really made me laugh. I think we find the joy in life in the little things, and I loved to hear about your paintball experience. It was well written and catchy too. Great job.

I really liked this story! I

Submitted by mirathompson on Mon, 2015-12-14 19:27.

I really liked this story! I think it's awesome that what you took away from getting shot in the butt with a paintball gun is to never give up. I have had personal experience with paintball guns also so I totally understand what you mean when you say "my butt hurt like a donkey hit me". I think its awesome that you chose to post such a funny story because it is truly entertaining to read. It made me smile so thanks Michael G.

I really liked this story! I

I liked your story! It was

Submitted by Mthomsen on Wed, 2015-12-16 20:41.

I liked your story! It was really funny, but most people would have just quit after something like that that. This is a very inspiring message.

Great story with lots of humor!

Submitted by Maddie.S82 on Wed, 2015-12-30 22:44.

This story was very good. The way you worded it and the organization of the sentences made the situation seem funny, and painful. The added moral message at the end made the whole story seem lighthearted but like something we should all think about when facing something that seems difficult or painful. Great job!