Illegal Immigration

I believe that illegal immigrants need to return to their country of origin before they are eligible for citizenship because everyone deserves equal rights when coming to a new country. If one person needs to attain citizenship to live in America, the next person should, also. As The Federation for American Immigration Reform says, “Most illegal aliens do not pay income taxes. Among those who do, much of the revenues collected are refunded to the illegal aliens when they file tax returns.” Of illegal immigrants living in the United States, a majority of them are not paying taxes to help in our struggling economy.

The Center for Immigration Studies states, “Even though illegal aliens make little use of welfare, from which they are generally barred, the costs of illegal immigration in terms of government expenditures for education, criminal justice, and emergency medical care are significant. California has estimated that the net cost to the state of providing government services to illegal immigrants approached $3 billion during a single fiscal year.”

Clearly, illegal citizens are breaking laws that have been set for a reason. And in doing this they are costing the nation billions of dollars giving nothing in return. Illegal immigration has become a burden to the United States economy and this issue needs to be resolved.

http://immigration.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000788

Dear Katie I am excited to

Submitted by sbathauer13.m2 on Wed, 2012-02-08 13:22.

Dear Katie

I am excited to see that we have the same views on your post, "Illegal Immigration," because have the same idea you have the same ideas as me about illegal immigration.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "Clearly, illegal citizens are breaking laws that have been set for a reason" I think this is right.

I don't agree with you one one thing that you said "I believe that illegal immigrants need to return to their country of origin before they are eligible for citizenship because everyone deserves equal rights when coming to a new country." One reason I say this is because if they are caught illegally they should stay where they belong and should NEVER come back and they should not be here in the first place.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.