The Importance of Music

The Importance of Music

I think music is an olive branch toward the global understanding of human nature and mankind because it allows you to express your feelings, which not even words can convey. Music is a way for people to show emotion and really experience something to put them in a good mood. Whenever I listen to music, I can relate to it and I just feel very relaxed. I can not imagine life without music, for people understand each other better with it. There are so many types of music as well, to fit any personality and it can even inspire people.

Music is a part of everyone’s life. There are so many components in music. Whether it is the pitch, melody, harmony, tone, rhythm, or dynamics, I find all music to be a piece of art. Some studies even say that different types of music can eliminate stress and pressure, and I think this is definitely true because when I have a headache, I usually listen to soft music and it sort of relives the pain. And I guess this is why music can be played everywhere. While doing homework, while reading, cooking, running, etc.

Studies also show if music were to continue in a child's life in school they would do better academically than a student who did not take any music classes, that's because music helps develop the brain. Personally, I also think you can use creativity in music and really find out what kind of person you are and your interests. Music can also be cultural and that may be an important factor of your life. Overall, music plays a huge role in society life and living life without music, is like not living at all.

The article I have read was from: http://www.artsjournal.com/ontherecord/2007/03/the_importance_of_music_e...

Comment for "The Importance of Music"

Submitted by baetir on Sun, 2012-03-25 17:53.

Dear Gabriella,

I was interested in your post, “The Importance of Music” because I fount the opic interesting and meaningful. Also I agree with you on some aspects of the topic itself and your opinion based on your own knowledge.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I think music is an olive branch toward the global understanding of human nature and mankind because it allows you to express your feelings, which not even words can convey.” I chose this sentence because I agree music is a branch or another way to communicate with the world. It’s a way for us as people to express our emotions with one another.

Another sentence that I liked from your post was: “Some studies even say that different types of music can eliminate stress and pressure, and I think this is definitely true because when I have a headache, I usually listen to soft music and it sort of relives the pain.” I chose this sentence as well because I strongly agree can actually relax one who is stressed out. Also It can make one feel good in so many ways as well as joyful in a sense.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I was sad or some sort of depression, but when I listened to music all I could have think of was good memories. I wasn’t as sad as I felt before and the cause of my sadness still remained, but I was more contempt. Music has indeed been a stress relieving therapy in a way for me. I can relate to most types of songs and their genres. It has helped me deal with good and bad times.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like your views on things and your opinions are accurate to the topics. Also because it’s obvious you’re a great writer who shares her thoughts and is honest with reality. I would like to see your views on other certain topics of your interest from your point of view.