Inside the Minds of Cheaters

We all know that cheating is dishonest, unfair, and has consequences, yet many of us do it. For whatever reason many people decide to cheat on tests, homework, classwork, etc. I interviewed five people asking them whether or not they cheated and why. This is what I got.

The first person is a boy in my science class. Although many would describe him as quiet, he quickly told me that he cheats quite often. He explained to me that he isn't one of the smartest people. He of course doesn't want bad grades either, so he gets a little "help" from people who understand the material taught in class. This boy says that he tries not to cheat all the time, only when he really needs to.

Next I interviewed another boy who also wishes to stay anonymous. He told me that he only cheats if he doesn't know the answer, and knows that he can without being caught. Usually it's because he didn't study, so he feels it's the only option to get a good grade. To this day he hasn't been caught.

Finally I came across someone who doesn't cheat, on tests at least. The only time she cheats is when her homework is too difficult; therefore, she searches the answers on Google. I personally don't really consider this cheating unless it is on a test or quiz. She rarely feels bad about it and only does it because she doesn't always understand everything.

The next person is a freshman who swears she has only cheated once. She said that someone had taken the same test the day before and was just giving away answers. Before this she had attempted to cheat, but was bad at it and too fearful. She had cheated because the person giving away answers was smart, and she saw it as an easy opportunity to get a good grade.

The last person is a lovely young lady who unfortunately has had to cheat for her own benefit. She has many reasons from teachers who can't teach or are bad at it and others who put material on the test that wasn't ever taught. After listening to her reasons, I can understand her choices because some of us are raised to do what we have to do in order to get ahead. Thus, I can't judge her or any other person.

I have to say cheating gets

Submitted by thomas c. on Tue, 2015-11-17 15:21.

I have to say cheating gets you no where. Cheat you will not be successful in life. Because when you are cheat on a test or quiz you don't learn anything. If you plan on cheating you might as well just not go to school. In my school if your caught cheating on a test you get an instant fail, but on the homework you can't even cheat cause you have to show your work on every question.

I have to say cheating gets