ISIS attacks Iraq

I just read a wikipedia article: Islamic state of Iraq and the Levant.

Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. (2015, December 14). Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 16:13, December 18, 2015 from

I like this article because this article has a lot of information. I say that because this article gave me a lot of information that I did not know before I read this article. Also this article gave me the information in the simplest way possible.

One paragraph that stands out for me is “The group has attacked government and military targets. It has claimed responsibility for attacks that killed thousands of Iraqicivilians.[24] During the time coalition forces were present in Iraq, the group suffered some setbacks. By 2012, it was thought to have regained most of its strength and more than doubled the number of its members to about 2,500’’. I think this is a good quote because my post on this paragraph is ‘’What I see in this paragraph is how ISIS attacked government and military. This is important because I don't want to get attacked by ISIS. This connects to me because ISIS should not attack anyone.

I think this is accurate because another quote from another wikipedia article states ‘’ ISIL and aligned forces captured several cities and other territory, beginning with an attack on Samarra on 5 June followed by the seizure of Mosul on 10 June and Tikrit on 11 June. As Iraqi government forces fled south on 13 June, the Kurdish forces took control of the oil hub of Kirkuk, part of the disputed territories of Northern Iraq’’.

Another paragraph that I agree with is ‘’The 2014 film The Blue Man,[32] which is related to The New York Times article titled "Uncovering Iraq's Horrors in Desert Graves" written by John F. Burns,[33] also mentions mass killings of Shia Muslims by the Islamic State between 2003 to 2006. This stood out for me because one of my post on this paragraph is ‘’What I See in this paragraph is how the movie "Blue man" related to the new york times article that titled uncovering Iraq horrors. This is important because what if Iraq is a part of ISIS. This connects to me because I don't want to get attacked by Iraq’’.

What I learned from this article is how ISIS attacked a lot of places in Iraq. Also if ISIS might attack us in the U.S.A. And one last thing is how ISIS is bad.