It's time to learn new vocabulary! Define the word AVATAR.

by: 18laus

Most people think an avatar is a hybrid of a human and an alien with blue toned skin, or just a strange blue-skinned creature in simpler words. Well, it's time to learn the truth.

An avatar is an image used represent someone's online identity. Many internet users have an avatar to show their appearance, personality, and other information. But what is that "other information"? It could be a birth date or phone number. It could also be your social security or credit card number. So how do you create an avatar that reflects your personality?

First, find an online program like mofunzone.com that could create avatars. Pick out the body parts that describe you the best. Do your best to show any favorites, your school and ethnicity. If it isn't possible to include all of those requirements, this is where the next step comes in. Using a photo editing program from an online source like ipiccy.com, add text to show what school you attend. Input photos to show interests, hobbies and cultures.

That's it! Save it into your computer and it's good to use for social networks and online media sites. Just remember, it look like anything you want it to, even a blue version of you!

Dear Shannon : I am thinking

Submitted by 18chenl on Wed, 2013-02-27 14:24.

Dear Shannon :
I am thinking about your post, "It's time to learn new vocabulary! Define the word AVATAR.," because... i am a little confused. you did a good job on teaching someone how to make an avatar. however, you barely explained how you made the avatar. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "Just remember, it look like anything you want it to, even a blue version of you!" I think this is good because it shows how you can change the avatar in many ways to show and reflect your personality without giving away extra info. Another sentence that I liked was: "Most people think an avatar is a hybrid of a human and an alien with blue toned skin, or just a strange blue-skinned creature in simpler words." This stood out for me because it shows how people often are sterotypical about avatars. people usually think avatars a]are only for gamers and such, but it is much more than that. Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i made an avatar also! Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your posts are very entertaining.

Dear Shannon : I am thinking

Submitted by 18chenl on Wed, 2013-02-27 14:25.

Dear Shannon :

Thanks! next time I'll work

Submitted by 18laus on Wed, 2013-02-27 17:54.

Thanks! next time I'll work on it more so it can be better!

Shannons Avatar

Submitted by 18torresh on Wed, 2013-02-27 18:30.

I am impressed with your avatar, "Louder Than Thunder," because this meets all of the requirements and really describes your personality and who you are. I like how you incorporated the theme of basketball since you love to play it. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "Just remember, it look like anything you want it to, even a blue version of you!" I think this is motivating because this tells people that you can have an avatar that looks like anything but it has to represent you.
Another sentence that stood out to me was: "Many internet users have an avatar to show their appearance, personality, and other information." This stood out for me because this showed what your avatar should not include because of predators. This is good information to keep in mind which is why it stood out to me.
I do agree with you that an avatar can be expressed in anyway except for any personal information, it can even be expressed with a blue avatar. One reason I say this is because anyone should have the right to be able to express their avatar anyway they wish to. Another reason I agree with you is that people shouldn't put out any personal information about themselves because of predators so they have to be careful what they say.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you talk about what people should do in order to keep safe yet also incorporate what they like. I believe your writing is very informative yet can relate to others as well. That is why i would like to read more of your work again.