Jennifer's 6 word memoir

Jul 7, 2014

Hello there! My name is Jennifer Gomez. I am a Mexican-American teenage girl who grows up in the state of New York. I am a very friendly and joyful person. I have a very weird obsession for unicorns; I adore them immensely. Many people would agree that I wear a smile every single day: including on Mondays. I also am a very supportive and understanding person.

At school, I am a known person since I am a social person. I greet students and teachers in the morning and throughout the rest of the day. I participate in class and collaborate with other students. I also enjoy joining clubs after school because it is an entertaining way to learn about something you are interested in. I am a very creative student; I enjoy making projects for school because I use my artistic skills to the best of my potential. After High school I plan to go to college and study something based on criminology or forensics. I am sure that whatever career I choose to study I will enjoy to do.

Outside of school, I would consider myself to be outdoorsy. Although I do not go outdoors frequently, whenever I do go out, I enjoy it a lot. I have not been around many places because I am usually at home doing homework or helping my mom with chores. I want to visit more places and be aware of what's around me. I only know many party places because that's the only type of places I do go to if I do go out. It is very rare if I do go out to any other place beside parties, but I have so much fun when I do because I discover new places. When I grow up, I want to visit as many places as possible and finally feel free.

Impressed

gutting's picture
Submitted by gutting on Thu, 2014-07-10 12:45.

Dear Jennifer,

I am impressed by your bio because you seem to have a lot of confidence and be very aware of your goals and interests in life. This is a rare thing among high school students! I think your positive personality and attitude will help you accomplish these goals!

One sentence that stands out for me is "I participate in class and collaborate with other students" because I have seen you interact with other students and you have natural gift for teaching and helping your peers. This is a defining skill of a good leader and I believe this will be very beneficial to you in your future academic experiences.

Another sentence that I enjoyed was "I want to visit more places and be aware of what's around me." NYC is such a big city and it is almost impossible to see all of it! Recently, I moved to a new borough and realized how little I knew about this other part of NYC. Sometimes I feel like I could explore all of the time and still not have seen everything!

Your bio reminds me of myself a little bit because you mentioned your love of the outdoors. I also love the outdoors and sometimes feel disconnected from nature living in NYC. Unfortunately, we have a lot more concrete than grass. However, with a little exploration, you can find some nice parks and other public spaces where you can interact a little bit with nature. I make it a point every summer to go camping in Maine and get away from the city for a week or two. I also enjoy hiking and exploring trails that are outside of the city. I wonder if you have ever had an experience like that.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you seem to have many interests and passions. You also seem to be a very outgoing person who willingly shares her opinions!

bio and 6 word memoir

Submitted by mollysherman on Tue, 2014-07-22 14:51.

Dear Jenny:
I am so moved by your bio and six word memoir because they really capture your unique energy. You are such a positive, creative spirit and it is a reminder to dive in and remember to try to love what we do each day or at least learn from it. I loved getting to learn from you today and your words here ring very true to the wonderful young woman who made my tired, caffeine-depleted self wake up and get excited to learn and listen.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out for me was “When I grow up, I want to visit as many places as possible and finally feel free.” That combined with the sentence “ I am a very friendly and joyful person…I greet students and teachers in the morning and throughout the rest of the day." These qualities will make the world your oyster. Doors will open and worlds will welcome you. Those people lucky enough to meet you in the future will have the pleasure you gave to us so early this am.

Your words remind me of part of my younger self. She did go into the world and explore, live in and with other cultures, being free. I was (and still try to be) friendly and excited to learn and experience the larger world. It wasn’t always easy, but the world is worth the work.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because now I am a real fan of you and your thoughtful, creative ways.

Bio

Submitted by druan on Wed, 2014-10-01 11:55.

Dear Jennifer,

Your 6 word memoir caught my eye, and it actually did make me smile. After reading your bio, it's obvious that you're someone who enjoys making others happy. It's pretty easy to tell that you have a great personality, along with other great characteristics that define what kind of person you are.

Something I noticed from your bio was that you had already decided what you wanted to do after high school, and you also stated, " I am sure whatever career I choose to study I will enjoy to do." I respect you for such confidence as I'm still trying to figure out myself what career I would like for myself.

It's pretty clear that a person of your caliber will be going many places and I, too, would like to travel as well. I guess that's just a part of figuring ourselves out, but you clearly have most things settled for you. I hope you achieve your dreams as you have a very bright future for yourself.