To John C. Liu: The minimum wage should be increased to his ideal amount of $11.50 an hour

by: TaliyahP.
Office of the New York City Comptroller

To John C. Liu, the next mayor of NYC:

When John C. Liu takes office in NYC minimum wage jobs is an issue John C. Liu and the city council will need to propose a solution to. I feel that the minimum wage should be increased to his ideal amount of $11.50 an hour.

When we look at minimum wage jobs in New York City today, some might wonder why we should increase minimum wage. If minimum wage was to increase their will be less crime and homelessness. People would be able to afford housing and food for their families. John C. Liu looks to address this issue by increasing wages and allowing more people to work, thus giving people a better salary to support their family.

This why when John C. Liu takes office in NYC minimum wage jobs should be an issue looked at.

Minimum wage is a very

Submitted by thomasb on Mon, 2013-04-29 14:08.

Minimum wage is a very pressing issue for the next mayor of New York City - the cost of living in our city is much higher than that of the rest of the country and we need to have a higher minimum wage to help relieve poverty. Our new mayor needs to stand with our working class families by increasing the minimum wage and creating additional aid programs to help our city succeed.

Minimum Wage

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2013-05-08 11:27.

Interesting article Taliyah, 

I think that raising the minimum wage in NYC is a great thought. But, I do not believe that it is a smart thing to do. Largely because the reprocusions from raising the minumum wage could throw off our struggling economy. In your post you write, "If minimum wage was to increase their will be less crime and homelessness." I like this thought and I am sure that it gathered many followers for John C. Liu. But in an article written by Sarah Shemkus at salary.com she says, "A higher minimum wage, they claim, would be too heavy a burden on employers, especially small business owners. And those employers, in turn, would be unable to hire as many people -- an undesirable result when unemployment continues to hover at about 8 percent." But, largely speaking raising the minimum wage is a great thought for the homeless and families struggling to meet ends meet, unfortnately it is just not practical in the long run. 

http://www.salary.com/increasing-the-minimum-wage-pros-cons/

Look forwar to reading more of your posts.