To Kill a Mockingbird

This book deals with a lot of racism, prejudice, and rules. Jem and Scout have a lot of first hand experiences with these against them, because of their fathers business. Does this seem fair? Have you notices any experiences like this today? Also in the situation with Thomas Robinson and Mayella, who do you feel worse for? Mayella is so messed up because of her family history, so why would she lie for her father? If you were in that situation would you do the same thing? Since Scout and Jem have had a different childhood but its society that labels their way of life and that is why people have judged them. Would you agree?

Well-Written!!

Submitted by 14mehtan on Fri, 2009-01-23 13:42.

Wow!! This was really well-written.  I tried reading this book but after a while I stopped.  Your response is really good and it asks a lot of good questions that are sort of hard to answer because I didn't read the book so it's sort of hard.  I actually have dealt with wtih racism a couple of times and it is horrible.  I like how you wrote, "Since Scout and Jem have had a different childhood but its society that labels their way of life and that is why people have judged them." It gives you a hint of what the book talks about.  In all, I really loved your response.  You should check mine out at  http://youthvoices.net/node/3186 ..

=] *=] *=] *=] *=] *=] *=] *=]*

Neha M. Baccalaureate School