Knicks Hype Over?

The New York Knicks have been all over the news the past month; Linsanity was all the rage for awhile and I was even shocked and caught up in the whirlwind of excitement. But the Knicks are now in the news for something not as exciting. Mike D'Antoni, who joined the Knicks a few years ago as head coach, decided that he was to resign this morning.

USA Today says, " With the New York Knicks losing eight of the last 10 games, coinciding with the return from injury of star Carmelo Anthony, and disgruntlement from players seeping into the news media, coach Mike D'Antoni resigned Wednesday in what the club said was a mutual decision." To me it sounds as if the Knicks just weren't happy and all thought that something had to change, D'Antoni was just the first to act on it.

Now losing eight games in a row is no party, I get that, but I feel like resigning was a little much. Yes, maybe there was some tension on the team and some things weren't going as planned, but I think D'Antoni should have waited to leave once the season was over. The season is short and the end is somewhat near. But it helps that it was a mutual decision. '"After speaking with Mike this morning, we mutually agreed that it would be best for the organization if he did not continue in his role as coach of the Knicks," Jim Dolan, executive chairman of The Madison Square Garden Company, said in a statement."

I was beginning to wonder if Linsanity was over, but it instead appears that Knicksanity is over in general.

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012-03-14/Mike-DAnt...

Knicks Can Get Through This ! ( :

umafa's picture
Submitted by umafa on Mon, 2012-03-19 19:04.

Dear Sydney,
I enjoyed reading your post "Knicks Hype Over?". One sentence that you stated that stood out for me was "To me it sounds as if the Knicks just weren't happy and all thought that something had to change, D'Antoni was just the first to act on it." I agree with this statement, because as a coach no matter what if your team loses, or win. You're suppose to stick with them, because that's what your getting paid for, and also without you (coach) your team will fall apart. But when the assitant coach now took over as head coach. I've seen many changes. The Knicks are now back in business, and right now on their 4th winning streak. I just hope that it stays like that, because I'm a huge Knicks fan. Thanks for your post, I look foward to viewing more of your writings. Are you a Knicks fan youtself? Did you think Jermemy Lin is a good player, besides the Linsanity moment? Thanks for posting

Too much press

Submitted by sydrich__10 on Thu, 2012-03-22 13:53.

Thank you Fati, for your comment. I am not a Knicks fan, though. I am a Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat fan. I love Derrick Rose, LeBron James, and Dwayne Wade. They are all such amazing talents.

I also think Jeremy Lin had a lot of press for a little while, but I think he only played well for a few games; he thrived off the attention. He still may be a pretty good player, but I don't believe he is one of the best talents out there. Then again, I don't pay much attention to the Knicks.

Thanks ;

umafa's picture
Submitted by umafa on Sat, 2012-03-24 19:00.

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate you responding to my comment. Lets see who makes it to the Finals !!!

Knicks Could Return

anthonyf's picture
Submitted by anthonyf on Wed, 2012-03-28 13:04.

Dear Sydich

I enjoy your post about Knicks Hype Over?,Because first of all im a big Knicks fan.The Knicks today are a good team and their doing good with that new coach Mike Woodson.Something was not working out in the team it was either Carmelo and Mike d Antoni and i have to say that Antoni had to leave it made the Knicks 75% better.

One sentence I thought that caught my attention was "With the New York Knicks losing eight of the last 10 games, coinciding with the return from injury of star Carmelo Anthony,".The reason is because i found another article about Carmelo Anthony with the Knicks from a website called bleacher report and quoted "He wants it his way. He wants the ball too much. He disrupts the flow of the offense." This is true because of the fact when he wants it he gets it and most of the time he just misses.The bucks he did a good job with 20 something points and 13 rebounds.Yet will just have to wait and see what happens to our New York Knicks.

Another sentence that I found that was appealing was "I was beginning to wonder if Linsanity was over, but it instead appears that Knicksanity is over in general."The reason why I chose this sentence is because Knicksanity been over since 94' and 99'.Ever since 99' Knicks had a curse to always make it to the playoffs in the finals and they lose (ever when they were ahead!).Maybe the curse lifted who knows?Carmelo Anthony was such a good basketball player in Denver and in the Knicks he sucks.I thought he was going to make a big impact on the Knicks.If Starks Oakley and Ewing can't.Maybe nobody could.

I hope to hear more about your discussion and do an update on the Knicks and see where were going in the future golden years or the dark ages.I just hope the Knicks do not end up like 05' 06' season because we had good players but they suck on the Knicks.Until than I could only hope our team shape up andc make it to the playoffs.

Link for Bleacher Report : http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1113252-new-york-knicks-who-says-the-...

Dear Sydney: I liked your

Submitted by albeli on Wed, 2012-03-28 20:13.

Dear Sydney:

I liked your post "Knicks Hype Over?.” I liked it because I was wondering what other people felt about the knicks losing so much games. One sentence that you stated that stood out for me was "Now losing eight games in a row is no party, I get that, but I feel like resigning was a little much.” I agree with this statement, because I also think that melo resigning was a little too much I mean like i know it sounds and looks bad for the Knicks and all but they still had the chance to get back in the game and win as many games they could have won. I believe that the Melo just had a lot on his mind and just maybe needed a break and if he and Jeremy Lin worked together they maybe could have been in first place. I've seen many changes. I see they are now back in business and all have their head in the game. Lets just see if they'll keep it up and that it stays like that, because I'm a huge Knicks fan.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I think you might have something else I might find interesting.

Interesting

nunant's picture
Submitted by nunant on Fri, 2013-02-22 09:45.

Dear Sydney :

I am pleased about your post "Knicks Hype Over?" because I am a very big fan of basketball and of the Knicks also. Your post was very informative and made many valid points unlike other basketball points.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "Linsanity was all the rage for awhile and I was even shocked and caught up in the whirlwind of excitement" I think this is very true because when Jeremy Lin joined the Knicks, many were very obsessed with him. Suddenly, he was everyone’s favorite player.

Another sentence that I noticed was: " I was beginning to wonder if Linsanity was over, but it instead appears that Knicksanity is over in general." This stood out for me because I feel the same way. Most “fans” where only Knicks fans when they were doing well. But when they started slacking off a little, they weren't anywhere to be found.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time my friend and I were debating about who was a better Knicks fan. He claimed he was a better fan than I was. When I asked him who his favorite player was, he said Jeremy Lin. After he left the Knicks, he claimed that he never liked him as a team player.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you and I seem to have the same perspectives when it comes to sports. Also, your post was very informative.

great

pordex's picture
Submitted by pordex on Mon, 2013-05-06 11:59.

Dear sydrich__10
I am touched by your post, "Knicks Hype Over?" because everything stated in the post was absolutely true. One sentence you wrote that stood out for me was "To me it sounds as if the Knicks just weren't happy and all thought that something had to change, D'Antoni was just the first to act on it." I think this is funny because the knicks didn’t really have a set way to change their feeling from unhappy to happy. Another sentence that made me think was"Yes, maybe there was some tension on the team and some things weren't going as planned, but I think D'Antoni should have waited to leave once the season was over. The season is short and the end is somewhat near." This stood out for me because I absolutely agree with you that D’Antoni should not have resigned so early in the season especially since the season was close to an end.
He could have stayed their for the rest of the season at least I personally believe that he owes the Knicks a BIG apology. One reason I say this is because he mentally hurt all of his players. What he did was not loyal to the team and they did not deserve that especially since the team was on a losing streak. Another reason I agree with you is the fact that him leaving could actually mess up the chemistry of the teammates because they are going to have to get use to a new coach. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next post that you put up on youth voices, because this post was extremely interesting. Not only will I recommend this post to a friend but I will also think about everything stated in the post.