"The Knife of Never Letting Go" Book Talk

by: meme2019

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness is a book about Todd, who lives in Prentisstown where there is essentially no women and the “Noise”. The Noise is a germ/disease that everyone has where you can hear everybody’s thoughts like a buzz in the back of your mind. Todd is out in the forest and encounters a hole where the Noise is gone. Curious, he wanders back, entering the space and finding, shockingly, a girl. She doesn’t have Noise, and crashed her ship trying to come into Todd’s world. Todd, at that time, is trying to escape one of the churchboys, who comes after him shortly after he meets the girl (who, we discover, is named Viola). The two make their getaway and leave Todd confused, as they weren’t educated in Prentisstown and Viola won’t speak. They come across a couple named Tam and Hildy, who tell the two that they will be safe in Haven. Thus begins Todd and Viola’s journey to find Haven, during which Todd discovers why exactly there are no women in Prentisstown and the sacrifices you must make to be happy. I thought the book was good, but kind of tedious, it dragged on at some parts for me. If you enjoy slight mystery and dystopian books, then this is the story for you. So, have you read the Knife of Never Letting Go? If so, did you enjoy it? Or do you plan on reading it?

This book sounds interesting.

Submitted by Roan522 on Fri, 2016-01-08 12:42.

This book sounds interesting. However, I feel that your description is somewhat vague and I think that it can be simplified more.

No I have not read Knife of

Submitted by Katie J. on Fri, 2016-01-08 12:43.

No I have not read Knife of Never Letting Go and I probably do not plan on reading it because I am not very fond of mysteries and I am trying to stay away from the dystopian novels for a change. Your summary explained the main story line well, I'm sure it will bring some readers in.