Kony 2012

Hopefully by now you've all heard about the Invisible Children organization and what they are doing to help these children over in Africa. Invisible Children has been fighting this battle to help children over in Africa from being forced into becoming child soldiers. There is a war that has been going on for a few years now and many of the soldiers fighting in it are little kids. In the middle of the night men would come take kids from their homes and pretty much just give them guns and force them to leave their families and fight in this war. This organization, Invisible Children, has helped put an end to this and so far has done many great things such as getting Obama to put some U.S. troops over there. They've also put up radio signal things so that the people can be informed when Kony and his troops are heading their way.

Their newest mission is to make the leader, Kony, so popular and so known that people who don't know about him will hop on board and help in wanting to stop him. Our government can't ignore it when millions of its people are all pushing for them to do something, make a change in some way. So on April 20 the plan is to go out that night and "cover the night." This means putting up posters and stickers and all kinds of things all over your cities and towns with Kony's face on them so that by the next day when everyone wakes up they won't be able to ignore it. So they go home and look it up and find out about all the harm he is doing and will help us push to government to put a stop to him.

I think it is a great thing that Invisible Children is doing. They've never given up on their efforts and that's exactly what we need if we want to make a difference in this world. I hope you all check out the video on Youtube about Kony 2012 and come out to help cover the night on April 20.