LA

by: Diego

i just read about a man in LA that was charged with 32 accounts of graffiti. He admitted to it. He was faced with 10 months in jail, and 5 years probation. Graffiti in most states is a big deal. If you say your city doesn't  have any graffiti then you are lying. People think of graffiti as gang graffiti, they are mistaken not every type of graffiti is related to gangs. Yes there are gangs that graffiti but it is ugly and messy. you can tell what is gang graffiti because it usually done with one color and it has numbers. And the other type of graffiti is street graffiti it is what you see most of. I think that graffiti is bad if it is gang related. The other I think is more of street art, not just graffiti. I believe it is art its not right that they are charged with doing art.

Cyrus Yazdani, one of Los Angeles' most prolific taggers, who is known in the tagging world as "Buket," admitted to 32 counts with the special allegation that damage exceeded $50,000.

Tagger pleads guilty to almost 3 dozen felony vandalism counts - Los Angeles Times

Yazdani became something of an Internet sensation when he brazenly plastered his "Buket" bomb 20 feet above the busy Hollywood Freeway -- vandalism captured on videotape and posted with a rap soundtrack on YouTube and numerous tagger-related blogs.