Lady GaGa - Top of the Charts

by: treyk
Career goals
    Ever since her first single Just Dance became a hit, I have been a crazed fan of Lady GaGa.  Her sound, original and catchy, always intrigued me and left me wondering what she would do next.  When noticed as a crazed fashionista, rumored as a hermaphrodite, and known for being a slutty butterface, she only seemed to thrive off of the attention.  After stunning live performances, creative music videos, and a record breaking four number one singles on a debut album, she was certainly on the map as someone to watch out for.  She worked with top performers such as Akon, Beyonce, and even rumored to have started something with Michael Jackson.  One magazine cover after another and she is finally getting the respect she deserves.  When the addition to her first album came out at the end of 2009 and quickly became platinum, Lady GaGa was a household name.  Her single Bad Romance was blasting through every radio station and was set to repeat on my iPod.  It stayed at number one for a long time and became her fifth number one single of 2009.  The music video was one of the most creative pieces I have ever seen, showing true originality and passion for her art.  Music and her fans are the only things she truly cares about as she says, "I have no interest in love, only the love for my art and my little monsters (referring to her fans)."  She has been on many shows like Ellen, Oprah, Jimmy Kimmel, and Saturday Night Live.  She impresses every host with her quick wit and her contagious humor.  When Ellen Degenerous commented on GaGa's VMA performance, which is said to be the true start of her career, she said, "Do you ever lip sync?"  GaGa replied, "No I have never lip synced in my life.  I think it is funny that so many singers these days lip sync.  I mean, our job title is singer, shouldn't we sing?"  Lady GaGa has captured the attention of the world, and with each new creative piece she shares the more excited I get as I see she will be around for a long time.  She is blowing away other current artists as she is described to "be on a different level, no one is like Lady GaGa."  I am excited to be a fan of this pop artist and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

Watch out, Katy Perry: there’s a new princess of pop who kisses girls (for real), claims Marilyn Manson and Madonna as fans and is on the verge of becoming the defining pop star of the year. Lady Gaga struts the streets pants-less, has everyone from Weezer to Justin Timberlake singing her songs and has moved nearly 10 million digital singles — and now she’s on the cover of Rolling Stone’s annual Hot List.

well one thing about lady 

Submitted by katyh on Fri, 2010-03-12 19:49.

well one thing about lady  gAGA SHE g00d and she sing okay but for me i dont like the vidoe that she does because it not g00d vidoe so that we could see and ITs kinD 0F crazy H0W SHe ACt$ in the vidoes but i like the vidoe and i like the way you wrote ab0ut her.

Trey, I agree with you that

Submitted by alyssabird14 on Sat, 2010-03-13 15:50.

Trey,

I agree with you that Lady GaGa has amazing songs and is extremely creative. She rose to the top pretty fast, and the more music she puts out the more famous she becomes. But one thing I have found is that I cannot watch her, and sometimes can't really look at her. When you were talking about the Bad Romance video and said "The music video was one of the most creative pieces I have ever seen," I wanted to laugh. She is so strange that I get totally distracted and can't even focus on the music, I just think, "God she's weird." And that oddity was present everywhere in the Bad Romance video. I really do admire her a lot, she has a ton of talent to be able to write all of her own songs..she's just so damn crazy!

she is crazy...good! haha i

Submitted by treyk on Sun, 2010-03-14 14:53.

she is crazy...good! haha i think it's the strangeness of her pieces that make her so interesting and draws in many fans

I agree with Alyssa, the

Submitted by sierrad on Sun, 2010-03-14 17:04.

I agree with Alyssa, the craziness can be really distracting. What I find strange is that she seems very normal when on talk shows, but her music, clothes, and music videos are quite strange. Like when there is a charred skeleton in her bed at the end of the Paparazzi video. You have to admit that's a little weird. But overall I actually really like Lady Gaga and I think she is really amazing for writing and actually singing her own songs. Good post Trey.

lady gaga is weird!!!!! she

Submitted by cwre1559 on Thu, 2010-03-18 12:44.

lady gaga is weird!!!!! she totally blows.

Dear Treyk, I just read your

Submitted by tthomas on Wed, 2010-09-15 09:30.

Dear Treyk,

I just read your article and and I am please to know that there are people who appreciate music artist not just for their work but for everything they stive for.

I'm not the biggest fan of lada gaga's music but im a fan of her attitude. She appeared in 2009  and 2010 VMA awards literally dressed in costumes and didnt care about what anybody had to say. She had fun, I had fun watching her in her crazy outfitts. Shes bold and unlike most females shes not afraid to express her self with out being self concious.

I am however a big fan of the VMAs even though ive only seen a few. The past two years was the best in my opinion because of the new artists and their incredible talents.

She is amazing!

Submitted by JackyHuynh on Mon, 2012-11-12 01:21.

Lady Gaga is amazing in almost every way.
She was also super talented and smart!
People don't know that at age 11 she was accepted to Juilliard School in Manhattan, but instead went to a private school.
She is amazing!

She is amazing!

Submitted by JackyHuynh on Mon, 2012-11-12 01:22.

She was also super talented and smart!
She is amazing!

lady gaga copys madonnas songs.

Submitted by RyanV on Fri, 2013-11-01 12:11.

Madonna sued lady gaga for coping her song.1