Letter to my Not so Secret Admirer

by: jwriedt14

Dear Not so Secret Admirer,

I can already tell this is going to be a difficult letter to write to you. You know I’ve never been good with words or with anything like this. Anyway I want to tell you about a little piece of paper that I carry in my wallet. I literally take it everywhere with me. I take it to the store, to work, to school when I work out, I carried it with my on my trip to San Diego and even to Florida the year before, that was the summer that we didn't talk at all. Jenny Beans asked my why, of all the things to keep on me, why was this paper in my wallet. I just stared at her blankly. I couldn't tell her, I just felt like I needed to carry this 3 X 3 slightly crumpled piece of paper with me everywhere I went.

First semester of our sophomore year, I never thought I would have met my best friend. Geometry class was so terrible, the dullest class ever, I am completely unamused at the random chatter around me, too much excitement at the beginning of the school year, and people are all hyped up. Yes, I know you've heard this story before but I feel like you need to hear it at least one last time. Your voice carries and catches my ear, so i listen in and eavesdrop on your lively conversation.

“Hey! I’m a fat kid! You just don’t mess with a fat kids Reese's!”

The table you sat at bursts out laughing and that was the first time I saw that amazing smile of yours and I heard the laugh that I strive to hear every day. I couldn't help but laugh and to think to myself “Oh my gosh, he’s going to be my new best friend!” Later on Mrs. Hilman made us all move seats and we happened to be moved together. Remember everything we talked about? We talked about everything where we grew up, books, movies, music anime, manga, art, swimming, traveling, wrestling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. The last thing on my mind was math. All I could think was
“Wow, this guy is so easy to talk to.” and “I wish I could be more like him.”

One day while we were doing class work you did one problem, got bored and then began drawing. I watched the way you carefully marked up the graph paper, it took you only 10 minutes to draw the skull with a Mohawk and huge incisors that i now keep in my wallet ever since. It’s been over two years now, I know it may come as kind of a shock that I've kept it that long. I've know I've been full of them lately.

Love Always and Forever,
Jess

i understand

Submitted by r.nayelyn on Mon, 2014-03-03 11:25.

Dear jwriedt14:

I am honestly amazed about your letter, "Letter to my not so secret admirer," because this was something that you had for a long time. I think that if he hasn't noticed you by now its his lost. I also believe that its so cute how you still have that small piece of paper.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: " I take it to the store, to work, to school when I work out, I carried it with my on my trip to San Diego and even to Florida the year before, that was the summer that we didn't talk at all. " I think this is crazy because it shows your true feeling if you had it for such a long time.

Another sentence that I thought was really good was: " The table you sat at bursts out laughing and that was the first time I saw that amazing smile of yours and I heard the laugh that I strive to hear every day ." This stood out for me because your letter reminds me of something that happened to me.

One time I was crushing on a guy. It was very funny because he knew and that was all in 6th grade. When I went to 7th grade we ended up dating for a year. I can still make a connection because he knew and the long time waiting.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like that you write about the past in this piece. I also like that you express some feelings. I think its cute that you write about things like this. I hope to see more of your writing on the website.