Literature Log

by: MBest

Recently I read pages 48-64 in Who HU? Lensey Namioka and I liked it because it was a great way to see how other races and ethnicities  feel about living in America and all the trials and tribulations they face when living in the country. You also see  the emotions they feel when they have to be the bridge between American culture and there home country and how they balance both cultures.

One line from this part of the book that stand out for me is when one of the boys in Emma advanced math class asked her to

I like this

rvlas's picture
Submitted by rvlas on Wed, 2009-02-11 14:17.

I read this book a long time ago and is verry interesting

Immigrants....

Submitted by CFlores on Thu, 2009-02-12 22:03.

There are a lot of immigrants that come to the United States....some of which are illegal immigrants and today we have seen how these people are treated in the United States. Some try to get in, but it's impossible for them since they have no money to get a passport and so they use illegal alternative ways to make a better life in the U.S. I think that these people should atleast deserve a chance to stay in the U.S for 1 year to earn money and then leave and come back in 4 months which can be very convinient???? I am okay with the idea of immigrants living in this country, but maybe it's for the good that they should stay out. Maybe they should be given a chance??? =)

This country was formed with

Submitted by lindsey_erk on Tue, 2009-06-02 01:10.

This country was formed with immagrents.  I believe that people should be able to come into this country, legally, and make a living.  It is fine with me if they do it legally.

cool, I finish reading that

QLin's picture
Submitted by QLin on Thu, 2009-02-26 15:32.

cool, I finish reading that book already. It was okay I think. different short stories.