Literature Log 4

by: bmong
Recently I read  pages 48 - 64 in "American Dragons", by Laurence Yep, and I quite like this part of the book because it talks about a Chinese girl good at mathematics and also what she met.

One line from this part of the book that stands out for me is: "You own it to yourself."I think this is agreeable because I will be couraged after hearing this. Sometimes I think that I can't do something which is not in my level. But when people say this sentence to me, I feel couraged and have more motivation to do it.

Another line that I liked was: "She wanted to be good enough to get a barely decent score, but she refused to work beyond that, although she had the ability." This stood out for me because I agreed that the ability of doing things is important. But it is more important to carry out what we need to do. It is unless for only have the ability but not working. I think this sentense affects me because most of the time I do things with a great ability but without put into practice. This sentence help me to think of myself and help me to correct my attitude.

This section of "American Dragons" reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I had a long holiday with only a few homeworks. I decided to review my homework and what I learned in classes. I have a great ability to do it but later on I just became lazy and went out hanging out with friends for nearly the whole break. I felt ashamed that this story reminds me of this incident. Now, when I think of myself, I sometimes have the same bad attitude when I do things.

What's probably going to happen next is there will start a new section of story. This book helps me a lot of revising myself in my daily lives. I liked it and look forward to seeing what happen in the story.