Little Red Riding Hood and The Mysterious Wolf

I created the Scratch animation Little Red Riding Hood and The Mysterious Wolf as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a story that requires the audience to make a decision that changes the outcome/ending of the story for the better or the worse.
My story is about a little girl named Little Red Riding Hood who asks her mother if she can go visit her Grandmother, because it has been a while since she has seen her last. Her mother allows her to go; so Little Red Riding Hood takes off with a basket that her and her mother packed for her Grandmother.

In order for Little Red Riding Hood to get to her Grandmother’s house she has to go through the forest. As she goes down the path that goes on through the woods, Little Red Riding hood notices flowers growing on the side of the path. So she picks them up, to have a nice gift for her Grandmother. But when she stands back up she notices a shadow behind her. It was a wolf!

The wolf asked the little girl what she was doing out in the forest all by herself, and she answered a little frightened by the wolf. Little Red Riding Hood then excused herself after realizing how late she was.
Consequences for both decisions:

If Little Red Riding Hood told the wolf where she was really going:
The wolf rushed to the Grandmother’s house, taking a shortcut in order to get there before the little girl had. When he got there the Grandmother thought it was Little Red Riding Hood, and let the wolf in. The wolf then ate her up.

When the little girl finally got to her Grandmother’s and realized that the wolf had eaten her Grandmother, she ran to find help; and got some from the woodsman working outside who helped make the wolf spit out the Grandmother.

If Little Red Riding Hood lied to the wolf because he was a stranger: Little Red Riding Hood continued on her way to her Grandmother’s house. When she arrived, she gave the basket and flowers to her Grandmother, and they had a nice afternoon together.

My story was inspired by the original Little Red Riding Hood Story, first written by Charles Perrault. I think I was successful in creating my story because the story that I created on Scratch was about three minutes, the story is interactive because the audience has to type in the answer to the wolf, the decisions that the audience has to make is whether or not to tell the wolf (who is a stranger) where they are actually going or just leaving. I also gave credit to the original story of Little Red Riding Hood, and the story is suitable for children of 13 years of age or under.

NICE JOB

16krevoyb's picture
Submitted by 16krevoyb on Wed, 2012-01-04 17:40.

I liked the art used in this animation. It is very good.
I was a little confused by the decision because you could not see the second option so I could only pick the first one.
The ethical dilemma in your story is clear on one decision an unknown on the other because the it is not available. The other half of the story was very good and I thought the art work was great.

NICE STORY

16abdelrahmanm's picture
Submitted by 16abdelrahmanm on Thu, 2012-01-05 16:34.

I liked the art used in this animation.
The ethical dilemma in your story is clear. Your choice for the topic to base your story on was good. The second choice wasn't fully seen, so I didnt know what to write if I wanted to chooes it. Other than that is a very good scratch animation and a good story.

Peer Review

16cognatal's picture
Submitted by 16cognatal on Thu, 2012-01-05 16:55.

I thought this was a very good project you made. The art work s very good and neat and it showed you took time in creating this project. I also feel that your have fulfilled the assignment of making each option three minutes long. Both options kept me interested when I played both of them. And i also thought it was pretty funny, but corny, a good corny, that the grandma was eaten and then the wolf spit her out in one piece. You should be proud of your work, because it is very good.

Your story was very creative

16riadc's picture
Submitted by 16riadc on Thu, 2012-01-05 22:14.

Your story was very creative and unique. I think your ethical decision was good and it would be very tempting for the player to chose the wrong decision. You did a very good job on you story.

Great Story

16silval's picture
Submitted by 16silval on Fri, 2012-01-06 07:39.

I enjoyed the animations this story used. I found the art very amazing.
I was confused what I was supposed to write for the second choice,
The ethical dilemma in your story was not to talk to strangers and I found that the choice was very tempting to talk to the wolf. The second choice wasn't said very clear but I still understood the ethical dilemma.

your animation

Submitted by 17elbannay on Sat, 2012-04-28 13:02.

i enjoyed your animation. the only bad things was that it seemed very slow and i couldnt view the other option because it was cut off, other than that it had a good dilema/ plot. it wasnt very hard to choose my answer since everyone knows how the story goes. you also chose a great topic to create your animation on, it was simple yet thorough. i wonder what would have happened if i chose the bad choice. in the end, two words... great job!

Good job

17schleyerj's picture
Submitted by 17schleyerj on Tue, 2012-04-24 13:55.

You did a good job on this animation. The story was good, although I would love to see the second choice, and how it effected the story. The artwork was great, and the ethical dilemma was clear. I would guess that one of the choices is that she will talk to the wolf instead of ignoring him

Very Nice WORK

Submitted by 17kabirm on Wed, 2012-04-25 14:52.

I really like what you did its very nice..

Good Job

Submitted by 17meahm on Wed, 2012-04-25 20:47.

I like how your story sent out a messege to every one telling them not to talk to strangers. Also, it was a very good animation, though I could not type in my second response.