Looping about "Why people are treated unfairly in the Bronx"

Submitted by kchisholm on Fri, 2016-01-08 12:58

You can download the video here.

My question is why in different locations is there different customer service, change in scenery. For example, I currently live in the Bronx, New York and it would be very rare for you to see people smiling or finding restaurants that are actually sanitary. I feel like, based on the location we are in, they treat us however they want.

The main problem is the names and the labels such as "the hood." I feel like this is the big deal, being the fact that we are located in "the hood." When it comes to mind you automatically think of violence, drug use, lack or respect, and so on. With that said, being the fact that we know that's how outsiders think of us, and because that's what they think of us, we are upset and we show our anger by showing lack or respect and high temper with anyone and everything.

If this issue of how we are treated in the Bronx and what we think of ourselves were a math problem, it might be (4)= 1-(5). This problem stands for all five boroughs, all five boroughs are okay except the Bronx. If these issues were a magazine article, it would be about the lack of care. See my video (above).
Makes me wish J. Cole write about the Bronx the way he has about Ferguson or something.

Yana: I’m sick of the Bronx. It’s disgusting.
Samuel: Are you kidding? The Bronx is better than any other place!
Yana: Ugh, no way. I’ve been in better boroughs. How can you love a place like this, so dirty and run down?
Samuel: With the fact that the Bronx has a lot of history. There’s a lot to love. Hip hop was born in the Bronx. And did you know that Salsa was born in the ballrooms of the Bronx?

My questions

Why are people in the Bronx are treated poorly?
How come different parts or New York look different?
How come out of all five boroughs in New York City, the Bronx is the most unemployed?.
Why is the Bronx labeled as "the hood?"
What are certain parts are considered "high class," and what are the characteristics?
How come students is dropping out of school more?
Do you think the officials specifically treat the Bronx a certain way?
Are people in the Bronx comfortable?
What is the common ethnic makeup of the Bronx?
Why don’t we redesign the buildings?

What do you think?

More eye contact!

Submitted by jhostos on Tue, 2016-01-26 12:47.

I really like your video that you had did with Ashley and Dimitria.

I like the part when they said how long they was living in the Bronx. Also you had some good question to ask them I think you deserve a good grade for that.

But you should do more eye contact with the person that is talking or the person that you are interviewing.

You had put a lot of details in and when you was saying the question.

ELA

aruiz's picture
Submitted by aruiz on Thu, 2016-02-25 10:42.

I am happy with your interview about "Why people are treated unfairly in the Bronx","Because you showed how and explained how does every burrow of new York get treated differently.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "Why violence is cause in the Bronx" I think this is a good quote because this sentence steins out of the rest of all of the other questions.

Thinks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next time.