Lord Loss Book1 The DEMONATA

by: shamars

I am enjoying this novel called Lord Loss, by Darren Shan because it is one of the few good horror novels in my school. An example of what I mean is on pages 22 and 23 where things got kind of crazy. Something that was really crazy happened on page 22, “ The dripping sound-- a body hanging upside down from the webby ceiling in the center of the room. No head. Blood drops to the floor from the gaping red O of the neck. Even without the head I recognize him. ‘DAD!’ I scream, and the cry almost rips my vocal chords apart.” Also page 23 says, “Beneath it, motionless-- Mom. Or what’s left of her. A dreadful howl to my right. Gret! Sitting on the floor, staring at me, weaving sideways, her face white, except where it’s smeared with blood. I start to call to her. She half-turns, and I realize that she’s been split in two. Somethings behind her, in the cavity at the back, moving her like a puppet.”

So far, the main character, Grubbs, in Lord Loss reminds me of something important that would be happening in my life soon. I think he kind of handled the death of his parents and the existence of the demons well. Mainly because one day my family will die and I will be facing difficult trials or “demons” metaphorically speaking of course. To me I think this book could change the way I think because this book basically shows how a young boy goes through a hard trail and learns to fight through it. Even though he doesn’t have what it takes to become an efficient challenge to them but he stays strong and still faces his fears and fights against it.

I am looking forward to finding out what happens in the rest of this novel because it is just something that can grab hold of you while your reading and fill you with suspense. I guess the main reason I’m into this book is because I personally find it hard to find a good book that grasps my attention like that. I also love the thrill that this book has and the goose bumps it gives me while I’m reading. I predict that Grubbs will learn magic so he can fight Lord Loss, but he ends up finding out that Lord Loss was actually his uncle Dervish. They’ll have a fight to the death. When Dervish is about to win he will tell him that all that has happened was all apart of their family’s dark secret. Then he will kill himself.

Lord Loss

Submitted by daeshaniqueb on Wed, 2012-01-18 12:11.

Dear Shamar:
I loved your post about the book Lord Loss because I was scrolling through looking for something to comment and your quotes from the book caught my eye. The book sounds really horrific and I would love to read it after I finish my own. I've never read a scary book before and would love to have a chance to. The book sounds really chilling. One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is " I predict that Grubbs will learn magic so he can fight Lord Loss, but he ends up finding out that Lord Loss was actually his uncle Dervish." I think this is hurtful because you would expect your family to be there for you through thick and thin, not end up killing your whole family. Another sentence that I liked was " Mainly because one day my family will die and I will be facing difficult trials or "demons" metaphorically speaking of course." This stood out to me because you never know whats going to happen. God forbid but you could go before your family. I understand what you meant though and your right. They are not going to be here for ever. But how did Grubbs handle losing his family ? Your post reminds me of they story of the women driving the car into the hudson. I was in that area not too long ago and prayed for them. One of her son survived and he will be forever haunted by the incident that occurred that morning. I feel that he dealt with the lost in a healthy way. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because it'll get me into the book more. Although I wont read it because I would like to read the book myself. :)