Love essay

by: SFootman

Something that I have always been interested in learning more about has been Love. I remember many family members or friends talking about it when i was at a younger age but they would always protest that I was too young to know about love, or even ask about it. Lately, the issue has caught my eye again. I know that many people feel that you are “too young to know what love is” or “only the wise and matured couples really know what they feel”, but is that exactly true? From what I heard, love is not a thing you figure out with age, and you’ve always known what it was, even from a young age? You know you love your family, so why can’t you know if its the same for a significant other?

One thing I know for sure about love is that its one of the most important feeling for a human being. its a strong emotion of “ affection or personal attachment” (wiki).  Now I’ve studied the “chemical basis” of love and learned that “ Biological models of [love]..Divide into tree overlapping stages: Lust, attraction and attachment”. Personally, it’s funny to me how love actually has something to do with the heart. Because of all the chemical basis of love, like attraction for example, increases the heart rate and has other physical effects.

The subject of love has been very important. I know love has a lot to do with human bonding, and how we are emotionally connected to a person. I also believe there is many forms of love. There’s love you feel for your mother, your siblings, your friends, kids. a boyfriend or girlfriend, the list goes on. You understand that you love them, but isn’t it different for each other them? And with that being said, does age or experience have anything to do with whether you love someone or not?

Being that I didn’t have a lot of  background information on love, I chose to do some research on the topic. As I searched for blogs or news articles on Google, I came across this one article : The Amazing Power Of Love (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1077/is_4_56/ai_69653976/) . This article provided a lot of information and opinions on Love. In this article, it explains that a presents of a woman and her love, gives men better health.
“According to a new study by sociologists at the University of Chicago, the presence of a woman in the household significantly contributes to better health for men. How significant, you might ask? As an example, the research indicates that if a wife works full-time, her husband's chances of being in good health plummet by more than 25 percent.”
This statement surprised me because, I believe the presents of the opposite sex or the same sex should be a equal significance for all, because humans need other humans to love.

In another article, The Science of Love (http://www.youramazingbrain.org/lovesex/sciencelove.htm), there was one statement that mad me nod my head in agreement with the writer. It was
Love needs to be blind
Newly smitten lovers often idealize their partner, magnifying their virtues and explaining away their flaws says Ellen Berscheid, a leading researcher on the psychology of love.

New couples also exalt the relationship itself. “It's very common to think they have a relationship that's closer and more special than anyone else's”. Psychologists think we need this rose-tinted view. It makes us want to stay together to enter the next stage of love – attachment.”
This is very true because I’ve met many people in a relation ship who saw nothing but positives in their partner and after the relationships end, they understand that they were “blinded” by love and did know what they saw in them.

Reading all of these articles really makes me think that love is defiantly something that cannot be defined, and no matter how many words you use to describe it, I think there will always be more to it.

Dear Sharifa : I enjoyed

Submitted by Dtoalongo on Wed, 2010-10-20 19:28.

Dear Sharifa :

I enjoyed your post, "Love Essay," because I am interested in this topic.Love is very hard to explain and the point you made about love really made me think a lot.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I know that many people feel that you are “too young to know what love is” or “only the wise and matured couples really know what they feel”, but is that exactly true? From what I heard, love is not a thing you figure out with age, and you’ve always known what it was, even from a young age? You know you love your family, so why can’t you know if its the same for a significant other?" I think this is so true because I do not believe there is a certain age when you can say you are in love. From what I know love just comes unexpectedly, so it can be at any age. People say we are too young to be in love, yet they can not go inside our hearts to know what we may feel. I know about people who met when they were 14 years old and had a relationship and they got married. Which means you can fall in love at a young age. I think that it depends when you mature, and some people are very mature at a young age.
I also agree with another sentence; "Reading all of these articles really makes me think that love is defiantly something that cannot be defined, and no matter how many words you use to describe it, I think there will always be more to it." This stood out for me because I believe this is true. Love is an emotion that can not be explain. Only that person can know exactly what it feels but no words can explain it.
Your post reminds me of something. Two years ago I did the research on love because I was in a relationship and I wanted to know what people thought of what love really is. I found many answers and I found out that love can be very strong. Now after two years I’m still in a relationship with the same person.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this topic really makes me think. There is a lot that I feel I can connect to.