Love vs. Lust

by: martra

Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been if love exists or is it just lust. I am curious in learning about this topic and whether or not it’s true, since in movies and books it makes it seem like it’s real. I know that many people may feel that only lust exists but some people say that love also exists. From what I have heard, many people are in a relationship because of the way the person looks but once you start to know the person very well, it turns into love. Now that’s just what I've heard, it may or may not be true.

One thing that I know for sure about Love vs. Lust is that many people search for love all their lives but they never seem to find the right person. Now, I have studied my share of Human Interaction and it seems that human needs each other to feel better about themselves. Personally, it’s funny to me how many people confuse love with lust.

Love vs. Lust was important because many people have fallen in love in the past and they wanted to know if it was love or lust. I know that if a person is focused only on another person’s looks and body that is lust but if the person is interested in what the other person has to say without interrupting, then that is definitely love.

Being that I didn't have a lot of background information on Love vs. Lust, I chose to do some research on the topic. As I searched for blogs and news articles on Google, I came across this one article:How to tell the http://ezinearticles.com/?Is-it-Lust-or-Love----How-to-Tell-the-Difference &id=51669.This article provided a lot of information and opinions on Love vs. Lust. Some people felt that Love vs. Lust was important because lot of relationships deal only with lust but you don’t have to only on lust on you depend on choosing your mate. A quote from the source is : “Physical attraction is an important factor but must never be the only factor you rely upon when choosing a mate”
This statement made me feel happy to know many people also have the same question.

In another article http://www.psychologytoday.com /blog/emotional-freedom/201108/lust-vs-love-do-you-know-the-difference there was this one statement “However, real love, not based on idealization or projection, requires time to get to know each other.”that made me nod my head in agreement with the writer.This is so true because when you get to know the person very well, if you get to know your partner the the two of you might know how true loves feels.
All of this makes me think that love is real and that it takes to know that you really love a person. Also it takes time for a person to know that they really loves another.

I'm slightly confused on your

Submitted by Shannon on Fri, 2012-05-18 00:30.

I'm slightly confused on your topic, just because you don't specify what type of love you're talking about. Do you mean romantic love? Or like the love that a mother has for her newborn baby? But regardless I will say that yes love exists. Love is the most amazing thing that a person can ever experiance and there needs to be no lust involve for that to happen.It's true that some people mistake lust for love, expecially teenagers, probably because they just don't know any better. I will however slightly disagree with with your last paragraph, that people need time to get to know each other. I agree that in some cases that's true. But I believe in soulmates, a friend of mine's parents are a terrific example. Her mom says that after their first date when she hugged him goodbye, she felt a "spark". And they were lucky enough to find each otherm because if you look at them and watch them, it's easy to see they're soulmates, that they complete each other. I don't think humans have a built in urge to continue the human race (also known as lust), true love is attainable, you just have to work hard and let it come to you.

Love vs. Lust

Submitted by enmanuelr on Thu, 2012-05-24 13:25.

Dear martra

I am interested in your post Love Vs Lust because i feel that a lot of people confuse both of them and never are aware of it. In addition people don't really know which is which now a days. Also its something that people should consider to think about.

One sentence that stand outs to me is "I know that if a person is focused only on another person’s looks and body that is lust". I think this is so true because you only like how the person looks rather then whats inside of them. In addition this is true because a lot of us get infatuated by how some one looks rather then there personality's.

Another sentence that stood out to me was "if the person is interested in what the other person has to say without interrupting, then that is definitely love". This stood out to me because its true when you care about what the other person say's it shows that really like that person for them.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I caught a crush on a girl without knowing her at all. But we started talking and I was liking her a lot and then we stopped talking. A couple months past the crush when way and I realized I was just infatuated on how she looked because if it was love I would still like her cause love don't die.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I really appreciated this post because I can relate to it. Also its a very good post and it made me think as i was reading it and the title was so eye catching. What will bring me back is if you write something of that magnitude that will make think again like this post did.