Mad Scientist Archetype

by: Roan522

When you think of a mad scientist, you may think of someone mixing chemicals in his ivory tower. Now obviously, this is a completely fictional archetype, but it is based on the somewhat detached, intelligent scientist, an archetype which is in fact rather common. Bill Nye, though not his science guy persona, is a textbook example of a real-life “Mad Scientist”. The things that he says, though completely right, are so far from the polite, politically correct statements coming from most prominent liberals that it is both shocking and refreshing. This is because he, like mad scientist clichés, cares not for politics and maneuvering, but for facts. In a debate with several conservatives about climate change, his abrasive, superior style, which one would only see from very few other people in his position, completely outmatched his opponents, and one in fact claimed to be “bullied for disagreeing” with his facts.

Some of the highlights from his debate include:
“Let’s talk about the facts. You’re saying that they’re not true”
“So how do you wanna get public consensus, by...saying that it’s not serious [like a poll says people believe]?”
“So let’s just start with: we don’t agree on the facts.”
“Science, researchers, say yes. You [say no]”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-nye-battles-crossfires-s-e-cupp-over-cli...

Bill Nye is the only pure

Submitted by meme2019 on Mon, 2016-06-06 11:22.

Bill Nye is the only pure human left in our society I want to be him

Bill Nye is the only pure

I respect Bill Nye for

Submitted by TravisA on Mon, 2016-06-06 11:30.

I respect Bill Nye for standing up for what's right and not being ignorant, unlike many others.

Bill Nye is My Spirit Animal

Submitted by Katie J. on Mon, 2016-06-06 21:26.

You could not have chosen a better person than Bill Nye to represent the archetype of "Mad Scientist". He does not care for anything besides science, which is greatly mentioned in this. Nice job.

BILL BILL BILL BILL Bill Nye

Submitted by Roan522 on Tue, 2016-06-07 20:17.

BILL BILL BILL BILL
Bill Nye the science guy
Inertia is a property of matter
Bill Nye the science guy
BILL BILL BILL BILL
Bill Nye the science guy