Marcus's 6 Word Memoir

Jul 8, 2014
by: mforde

Hello my name is Marcus Levi Forde, I was born on November 5th 1997 and am currently 16 years of age at the time of writing this. I am an active student at Bayside Highschool coming into my Junior Year. My first educational experience was at a Pre-School called Future Leaders. From there I took off and eventually found myself in elementary school where I developed a strong intrest for writing and creative projects. As time went on I found that I was spending tons of time writing short stories and graphic novels, although, I wasn't very good with illustrations. By the time I was in 7th grade I had won awards for my creative talent and even went on to be named as a possible future author.

In school i excel at writing and creative projects and also took a strong liking for my english, history, and science classes, all of which I am good at. After school I involve myself in the school track team and similar athletic activities. On Thursdays I attend a salsa dance studio where I have classes from five to six. On Fridays and half days I like to relax with friends before my long commute home. Because I dont live remotely close to anyone, I usually take full advantage of any time given to me to do so.

At an early age I also developed a taste for video games. To me, video games are an interactive experience very similar to a story or a movie that takes the reader, or in this case the player through a series of events while crafting an interesting and dynamic story that usually comes to a satisfying conclusion. I also love the thrill of being invested into the story as I control the main protagonist, or in some cases the antihero, and watching these events unfold. Some of my favorite games include Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, and most RPG titles. On my free time I enjoy riding bikes and involving myself in outdoor activities, along with writing, reading, and playing video games. I also love to observe animals and there behaviors. I strongly believe that my passion for writing and playing video games came from the desire to create and invest myself into worlds and experiences I otherwise would not have access to, and, as a writer I can bring my worlds to life and share it with others. Among other things, I am also currently pursuing a career in video game production, and planning to publish a book of my own before I reach age 18, and a video game before age 21.

Your Bio

aamaro's picture
Submitted by aamaro on Wed, 2014-07-09 10:06.

I am happy about your post because you said that you like the video games and it's something great for me because I love the video games also I like that you

Reply:To Marcus's 6 Memior

Submitted by trenasialee on Fri, 2014-11-07 08:57.

Dear,Marcus Forde

I am inspired with your work and painting “I walk the road less traveled” because its like you just explain how I am deep down I do things my way and never follow what other people are doing.You have people smoking and drinking alcohol without parental consent and they end up getting hurt or worse dead.

One part of your artwork that stands out for me is in your photo it connects with me a lot it has me think there might be other people just like me.Struggling with the same problem and that i'm not alone.Sometimes i feel like i'm not wanted on the same path like the others but i make my own path fill with a bunch of adventures.I make people wanna be on the same one with me.
Another part that caught my attention is when you stated “You excel in all your classes that was me and maybe i got off track and wanna to be different and follow others but now i have my own name and have my own voice.I figure out i dont have to be like others to fit in.So now i try to do my work and be different and transfer to my old self so i dont be getting left back and not graduating or graduating late.

Your picture for your 6 memoir really reminds me of when i had to chose between friends and school work and how i disappointed my friends when they wanted me to skip school with them and i never did.I think just knowing you done something wrong puts guilt on your mind.People don't think things out,neither the consequence that could give them at the end of all their fun.They could be caught by the cops or by staff or get left back and miss out on their education.

Thank you very much for your wonderful art work.I look so forward to seeing more of your artwork because this made me think of mistakes i made and how i could of did my own things and it help me learn things about myself that i never knew and made me look back ho i was when i was younger.